Busters Beach House and Longboard Bar, San Diego

by Yubert
  • Busters Beach House and Longboard Bar
    by cjg1
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Busters Beach House and Longboard Bar: I always return to this place for breakfast

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 25, 2013

Exterior of the the restaurant

I've been to San Diego about 4 times now and have been to this place for breakfast each time, but on my most recent visit decided that the quality, service and high price of the meal isn't worth another visit.

On my latest visit we arrived around 10ish and the place was empty except for about two other tables. We waited about 10 minutes before the servers decided that they were done chatting before being seated. We were seated at a table near the window and handed menus. 10-15 minutes passed before anyone came over to even ask if we wanted anything to drink. Again gone for 10 minutes and place setting was put on our table and our drinks brought over. We placed our orders to wait what seemed another 20 minutes. Amazing, since we ordered pretty straigh forward dishes.

Nothing special about our meal and definitely skipping this place next time we are here.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the chorizo and eggs, Ferni had the French toast with eggs. Prices were $9.95 for my meal and Ferni's was about $10.50.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Busters Beach House and Longboard Bar: My choice for breakfast

by cjg1 Written Oct 23, 2006

This is always a must for me on my trips to San Diego. I am not thrilled with the surrounding area. But I do really like this place. We have been here twice now and by chance have had the exact same table both times. The food here is quite good if you get in for breakfast. Have not had lunch yet. Breakfast is only served until 11am. So come early.

Favorite Dish: The banana pancakes here are my favorite. Have also tried the eggs benedict to rave reviews by both of us.

• Buster's Beach House: This is the place for breakfast!

by sunnytraveler Written Apr 1, 2005

What a great selection of omlettes, skillets, pancakes...There is outside dining as well as inside along the waterfront. Inside has a Mexican, Italian, American decorating scheme. Sounds crazy but it fits and depicts their style as many of their menu items come from all over the world.

Favorite Dish: The Santa Cruz skillet is recommended. Very hearty omlette style breakfast served over hashbrowns. Do not forget the hot sauce! The coffee was great too (if you like a stronger coffee).

• Business Travel

• TinKan's Profile Photo

Busters Beach House and Longboard Bar: Good place for a VT meeting

by TinKan Updated Aug 15, 2004
    Busters

This is a nice place to sit and watch the sunset while enjoying a very good meal.
    If you can... ask to be seated upstairs as the view is so much better.

Favorite Dish: I had the pork with mashed taters and not the rice. Good flavor.

We each had a little something different and I do not think any one of us had a bad meal.

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Busters Beach House and Longboard Bar: Aloha from San Diego

by BLewJay Written Feb 15, 2004

Fun had by all

After meeting the group at 40th Floor Bar (San Diego Manchester Grand Hyatt) for drinks and laughter, we continued the party at Buster's Beach House & Longboard Bar (lucky for us it was located direcly behid the Hyatt). The setting is defintely tropical and the food is not bad. But the main focus was to gather amongst friends and have a great time...that's exacly what we did.

Favorite Dish: For an appetizer, I started off wih the Clam & Corn Chowder (a traditional New-England clam chowder with sweet California white corn). For dinner, I selected the Buster's Fish & Chips (Alaskan halibut in beer batter, "skin-on" fries and citrus tartar sauce) while LJ chose Buster's Fresh Catch of the Day ...Crab Stuffed Halibut (topped with a creamy shrimp sauce, mashed potatoes and creole vegetables).

• Beaches

• spartan's Profile Photo

Busters Beach House and Longboard Bar: Delicious cuisine...Awesome scenery

by spartan Updated Feb 26, 2003

Couple exceptional cuisine with exquisite scenery and the result is bound to be a memorable dining experience.' Busters combines its friendly 'Aloha Spirit' with the above in establishing what can be considered to be a remarkable contribution to San Diego's Culinary Region.

Favorite Dish: Start off with New World Chips and Rip-Tide Guacamole (plantain, taro, lotus, potato chips). Then I would recommend the Baja Wrap (Tijuana's famous caesar salad of chopped romaine, zesty dressing and parmesan cheese rolled up in a sun-dried tomato tortilla with jerk chicken). Wash it down with Raspberry Iced Tea.

• Yubert's Profile Photo

Busters Beach House and Longboard Bar: Sangria?

by Yubert Updated Feb 15, 2004

The gals ordered a pitcher of "Burnt Surfer" Sangria while us guys ordered "The Deep" Sangria. However, I think our ordered were switched. My Sangria definitely tasted burnt!!

Instant Answers: San Diego