Cafe Sevilla, San Diego

4 out of 5 stars 8 Reviews

353 Fifth Avenue (619)-233-5979

• Cafe Sevilla in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter
    Cafe Sevilla in San Diego's Gaslamp...
    On the outdoor terrace at Cafe Sevilla
    Yummy tapas at Cafe Sevilla, San Diego
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

Cafe Sevilla: Nice tapas bar in the Gaslamp Quarter

by Jefie Updated Oct 29, 2013

Yummy tapas at Cafe Sevilla, San Diego

Because of how spread out San Diego is, I ended up relying a lot on my guide (Fodor's) when it came time to pick a restaurant. Since our first evening in the city happened to be on a Saturday night, I thought it might be fun to check out the action in the Gaslamp Quarter. Cafe Sevilla was one of the places recommended by my guide for this area, and since I'm not one to miss out on the chance to try a new tapas bar, that's the one I selected. We decided to eat outside on the terrace since it was a good place to watch people go by but it was relatively quiet at the same time. I also took a quick look at the main dining room inside and it offered a very nice and trendy lounge atmosphere. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient, and the selection of tapas was quite interesting. We ordered patatas bravas, albondigas, chicken skewers and blue cheese dates, and they were all excellent and reasonably priced. It ended up being a great introduction to San Diego restaurants and the first of several amazingly good meals in the city.

• Cafe Sevilla: Spanish in the Gaslamp Quarter

by grantravel Updated Sep 4, 2007

Cafe Sevilla- Cheese Fundido

We decided we had to go for a meal in The Gaslamp Quarter, so we wandered around and came across this one, which had also been recommended by our hotel reception staff. This Spanish restaurant has a very ambient and romantic atmosphere, the lighting is quite dim, and a live acoustic guitarist playing from the bar section next door sets the scene.

Now to the food, if you like meat you will love this place but I think I bit off more than I could chew this time. I started off with a Cheese Fundido that is basically melted cheese and sausage, very tasty but quite filling. And I still had the main meal to come, which was a plate full of meat straight from the grill. There was chicken, chops, sausage, pork, again all very tasty but I just couldn't finish it. So just be warned to order less and if you are still hungry order more after. Then we still had to fit in dessert...

Favorite Dish: See full menu here

• miclev21's Profile Photo

Cafe Sevilla: F-U-N

by miclev21 Written Feb 12, 2005

The tapas are tastey and the sangria is VERY wonderful. Choose the variety plates to get a different taste with each bite. The sangria is powerful and the management will take care of you. The dessert are fantastic as well. The croquetas could use a little less cooking though. Go downstairs to dance throughout the week. They have lessons.

Favorite Dish: Tortila with shrimp, cheese, etc?

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Cafe Sevilla: Spanish tapas and flamenco music

by Frisbeeace Updated Mar 7, 2004

Cafe Sevilla

I went with a large group of Spaniards so the place looked like if I was in Madrid!! We had a light dinner with tapas, cheeses and beers. Nice place with flamenco music and a couple of decent guitar players. Club below is more latin than Spanish.

• SDSU2001's Profile Photo

My Favorite Restaurant is Cafe...

by SDSU2001 Written Aug 25, 2002

My Favorite Restaurant is Cafe Sevilla which is also a night club that I have mentioned previously! Sevill is referred by many people as lovely, romantic, and absolutely exotic! Sevilla has a lot of scrumpcous delights on thier menu!
    I think that just the amtosphere is always very electric but very calm at the same time, Sevilla is a very happening place!

Favorite Dish: Ensalada Epsinaca which is roasted chicken and warm cabrales bleu cheese dressing topped with toasted pecans served on a bed of fresh spinach.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Cafe Sevilla: Tapas anyone?

by acemj Updated Jan 20, 2006

I went to Cafe Sevilla in 2006 for the first time in years. It's still a cool atmosphere, but now that I've been to Spain a number of times, I'd have to say, the authenticity of the food has taken a hit in my book. It's still good food, but I'm not as enamored with it as I was ten years ago before I knew better.

The staff is still friendly and the Gaslamp District atmosphere is always happening. Downstairs they have live Flamenco shows and a 3 course dinner.

Favorite Dish: The Sangria is always good and the Manchego Cheese Mashed Potatoes are nice.

• Cafe Sevilla: Great Spanish atmosphere but the Paella...

by hrmatsui Written Nov 11, 2003

It is a spanish restaurant in Downtown. They serve a good "sangria" (a spanish drink), go to see the Flamenco dancers. But the "Paella"... what was that? A SPICY Paella? It is not a mexican restaurant! Spanish people don't eat that spicy! However they have good wines.

Favorite Dish: Bread

• spartan's Profile Photo

Cafe Sevilla: Authentic Latin Cuisine & Culture

by spartan Updated Feb 26, 2003

Great Spanish atmoshpere, service, music and food...there is also flamenco dancing.

Favorite Dish: I had the New Your Strip with the fixin's

• Music

Instant Answers: San Diego

Comments

Hotels Near Cafe Sevilla
4.0 out of 5 stars