Dick's Last Resort, San Diego

345 Fourth Avenue (619) 231-9100

Dicks Last Resort
    by LisaJous
  • ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo

Dick's Last Resort: Not your average stuffy restaraunt!

by ArizonaExpert Written Jul 15, 2007

I read on another travel site about this place. I know the Gaslight District has done a great job of evolving into the place to hang out, so we figured we would try it. In fact, this site was rated #1 for fun. I knew what to expect, but I didn't tell my wife anything;)

I took two of the little ones and we went in. They had live music, which was nice. It wasn't crowded at all and I was thinking the place probably would be a lot rowdier with a crowd. The wait staff is all told to be curt, wise-cracking and seemingly uncaring. Truth is that even though they joke around, you do get your food.

The menu is pretty limited, but my wife and I foud some fish dishes. Meantime, the music blasted, the wait staff joked and threw napkins everywhere, and we all enjoyed the first restaraunt louder than my 3 year old!

The food was prety good, service was fun, and we did end up enjoying the dinner.

Favorite Dish: The two fish dished were good, and the corn and potatoes were yummy...for a bar type place!

• Dick's Last Resort: Dick's Last Resort

by three11angel Written Aug 24, 2002

The atmosphere is the best part of Dick's Last Resort. Everyone is really casual and laid back. The waiters/waitresses give off a 'rude' vibe, but it's part of the charm :)

Favorite Dish: Death By Chocolate! Awesome desert. They don't have a huge menu (mainly a bar) BUT the food that they do have is really good.

• LisaJous's Profile Photo

Dicks Last Resort: Dicks Last Resort

by LisaJous Updated Sep 26, 2002

Dicks Last Resort

You got to be a bit crazy to like it but its PAAARTYYY!!!
    good live music, rock, jazz, independent

Favorite Dish: Hot Wings in a Bucket

Instant Answers: San Diego

Comments

Hotels Near Dick's Last Resort
4.0 out of 5 stars