Information / Sources, San Diego

4.5 out of 5 stars 11 Reviews

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Restaurant Week in San Diego: Over 100 Restaurants to Choose From!

by lmkluque Updated May 15, 2013

Twice a year, throughout the county of San Diego "Restaurant Week" is an event that gives restaurants the opportunity of offering an example of their cuisine at a reduced price. This is especially nice for those on a budget.

Check the website listed below to see if the dates coincide with your visit to San Diego.

To be Continued....

Favorite Dish: Fixed priced meals for each restaurant will be set for lunch (newly offered this year) and dinner.

Lunch: Two-course $10, $15, $20
    Dinner:Three-course $20, $30, $40

• Old Town Variety

by CDNgirl Updated Mar 22, 2006

Tough to pick a single favorite restaurant, just about anything in Old Town has great food and neat atmosphere, touristy shops and historical stops are all in the 8 or 10 block area. Good variety of food; italian, mexican etc. price is average.

• spartan's Profile Photo

East Buffet: The biggest buffet of San Diego

by spartan Updated Apr 26, 2005

They took over the closed down Acapulco Restaurant and turned into a gastronomic feast. So many choices, so little time...the place is huge and it was packed for lunch, so that should tell you something about the food and the quality. There are soups, salads, many entrees, a mongolian bbq and dessert (e.g., cookies, cakes and ice cream).

Favorite Dish: I had a combination of Sauteed Green Beans, Mushrooms, Seafood Combination (crab, shrimp and scallops in a buttery garlic sauce), Fried Rice and Orange Chicken along with a Coke.

• Business Travel

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Churro buggy at San Diego Zoo: Churros, anyone?

by b1bob Updated Apr 2, 2004

Churro buggy at the zoo

Favorite Dish: On seeing the churro buggy, (for those from Roxboro, North Carolina, churros are rods of fried dough sprinkled liberally with cinnamon sugar), I couldn't resist. I don't know why I didn't go after churros at Qualcomm Park the previous Tuesday night. The rest of the lot opted for ice cream bars.

• maryellen50's Profile Photo

various San Diego restaurants: Typical Great California Food!

by maryellen50 Written Feb 11, 2004
    La Jolla, California

After living in California for six years, being a vegetarian and now living in Texas, I can truthfully say that the food on the West Coast is far superior to anything found in Texas. People in California just appreciate good food. When dining anywhere in California, I have never had a problem finding a vegetarian entree on any menu...being in Texas is a different (and challenging) story where you have to ask for substitutions. So I doubt whereever one would go, you would not have a good selection of food whatever the type. This is one of the many things I miss about living on the West Coast.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

About Polish food: Polish food in San Diego?

by matcrazy1 Updated Sep 21, 2003

At Linda's book :-)

I didn't find any polish food in San Diego but i was very, very touched when I notice what about my friend Linda was reading: The self-sufficient cooking of the country: POLAND.
    WOW! I didn't know that Polish cuisine is world known hehe.

From ciotog from San Diego:
    I noted you said there weren't any Polish restaurants in San Diego. There are 2 that I know of...one is called Stella's Hideaway on the north side of San Diego.
    The other is just north of downtown on 5th Av. called the Cottage Cafe.
    Also check out this web site: Local Wally's San Diego Tourist Guide

Thank you very much for your info. It's a real pity I didn't find them when I was there :-(((.

Favorite Dish: I would choose: Polish pierogi (with meat and sauerkraut) and Polish military pea soup (grochowka).

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Baleen at Paradise Point Resort: Pampered at Lunchtime

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jul 14, 2003

Lunch is Served

Part of the conference fee included our meals at the Paradise Point Resort. Our lunches were served outdoors by the resort staff, next to their Baleen Restaurant. It was a prepared menu in both cases, consisting of a salad, main course of steak or chicken and then dessert. It was all very tastefully done and the dishes were brought to the tables without us having to lift a finger (except for the odd dive-bombing seagull!). We did have breakfast and an evening meal at the Baleen on a couple of occasions and found that these meals were not cheap (US$18 for a typical ham and egg breakfast!).

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

Harry's Coffee Shop: Great breakfast!

by bruingirl Updated Jan 25, 2003

Great local breakfast place in La Jolla. Nothing too special in terms of ambience or decor. What you will get though is great service and amazing food for a reasonable price. Great breakfast grub!

Favorite Dish: Pancakes, omelettes.....you name it! I love breakfast food! The only thing I wouldn't recommend is probably their biscuits and gravy. Not all that great.

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Here in Little Italy we had...

by brdwtchr Written Aug 25, 2002

Here in Little Italy we had some great pizza that was reasonable in price. The service and atmosphere were good.
    Little Italy has a small area with quite a few Italian restaurants all in one place. We tried the place in the photograph near the big sign over the street.

Favorite Dish: Pizza! We tried three different kinds of pizza and they were all good.

• KikBkK8's Profile Photo

We ate in SeaWorld at a place...

by KikBkK8 Written Aug 24, 2002

We ate in SeaWorld at a place which serves BBQ chicken
    and ribs. They also had hot dogs and other items like
    fruit salad and baked beans, and really good lemonade!
    There was indoor and outdoor dining, and the patio was a
    bit windy that day, but the surrounding view of the park
    and it's beautiful plants and trees made it easy to put up
    with a gust trying to carry away our napkins once in awhile.

Favorite Dish: Their chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting was to die for! I recommend sharing a piece with a friend!

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Hillcrest

by frankcanfly Written May 1, 2003
    Thai Appetizers

We found the Hillcrest neighborhood to have a great variety of ethnic restaurants, all at a reasonable price.

Instant Answers: San Diego