Miguel's Cocina, San Diego

4 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

1351 Orange Avenue. (619) 437-4237

• Huge fiesta salad with a glass of sangria
    Huge fiesta salad with a glass of...
    by Jefie
    Miguel's Cocina in the Old Town area
    by Jefie
    Creme Brulee with Warm Churros
    by orcoastgirl
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

Miguel's Cocina: Good Mexican place in Old Town San Diego

by Jefie Updated Nov 2, 2013
    Huge fiesta salad with a glass of sangria

When we hit Old Town San Diego, I once again looked though my guide to see which restaurants they recommended. Having been amazed by the food we'd had so far, I didn't hesitate to follow their advice once more and made my way to Miguel's Cocina. The salsa and cheese dip they brought over as soon as we sat down were excellent, so I had a feeling we were off to a good start. I ordered the fiesta salad and it was huge!! To me it looked and tasted more like Tex-Mex than actual Mexican food, but I still enjoyed it very much and almost made it through the gigantic tortilla bowl it was served in. So as far as food goes, I'd give this place two thumbs up, but I'm not so sure about the atmosphere. It was quite lively, but it felt like the kind of place that welcomes a lot of cruise ship and tour bus groups so it was all a tad impersonal. When I walked through Old Town I saw many places that seemed to offer an ambience more to my liking, but who's to say I would have enjoyed the food? So all in all, I guess it wasn't a bad choice, it just wasn't my best dining experience in San Diego.

• orcoastgirl's Profile Photo

Miguel's Cocina: Relaxing Casual Meal at Miguel's

by orcoastgirl Written Feb 9, 2007

Creme Brulee with Warm Churros

The ambiance here is very casual, we dined out on the patio and our service was very warm and friendly. The food is gorgeous in presentation and there is Mexican music playing to add to the ambiance. It is located in the heart of the courtyard at the El Cordova Hotel.

Favorite Dish: The chicken enchiladas are very good and the Mexican Creme Brulle was perfect!

• Chiky's Profile Photo

Miguel's: Best hole in the wall Restaurant EVER!

by Chiky Written Oct 31, 2004

It's a little Mexican restaurant that serves superb food with a super authentic feel. You'll have to search for it though because even some of the people who worked at the plaza it's located in, couldn't tell us quite where it was. At the traffic light acrross from The Hotel Del is a little plaza looking place with restaurants and shops. It's just inside the "alley" on the right.

Favorite Dish: I can't even remember what I had but it was delicious!!

Instant Answers: San Diego

Comments

Hotels Near Miguel's Cocina
4.0 out of 5 stars