Harbor - Harbor Cruise, San Diego

Along Harbor Drive (619) 686-6272 (Habor Police)

Ahhh...the pacific
    My wife and I on deck
  • Harbor - Harbor Cruise
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Relaxing by the Pool

by cjg1 Updated Dec 11, 2014

We cruised out of San Diego onboard teh Celebrity Century for a 15 night cruise. One of my favorite activities is lounging by the pool and watching the waves..throw in a tropical drink and my wife by my side and it's perfection.

Relaxing on deck My wife and I on deck A tropical libation for wave watching Ahhh...the pacific

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Busy Cruise Ship Terminal and San Diego Cruises

by machomikemd Updated Sep 17, 2014

Walking Along North Harbor Drive, you will the the B Street Cruise Terminal Between foot of Broadway and Ash Street, where the Major Cruise Ships that Call San Diego Home (like the Holland America, Royal Carribean, Norwegian, Crystal Cruises, Silversea, etc) dock and ferries passengers to and from San Diego to other fabulous destinations including, but not limited to, the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, and even distant locales such as Tahiti. The North Harbor Drive area also hosts the assorted ticket counters for various San Diego Tour Companies like Old Town Trolley Tours, Hornblower Cruises, Grayline Tours San Diego, etc and Restaurants like Anthony's Fish Grotto and Landmarks like the Maritime Museum of San Diego and USS Midway Museum.

to the terminal entrance sign with my friend pose

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

San Diego Port Views

by machomikemd Updated Sep 17, 2014

Different Views and Pictures taken while we were walking around the San Diego Port Area and embarcadero and Seaport Village. The San Diego Port's main cruise facility is located downtown along the Pacific Highway and The main facility, at B Street Pier in downtown San Diego along North Harbor Drive, has three cruise berths for the various Cruise Ships like Holland America, Celebrity Cruises, and Royal Caribbean which calls San Diego as a Home Port from Various Cruises to Baja Mexico or the other Cruise Lines calling on the Port of San Diego. There are also various Restaurants and Cruise Lines lining the Pacific Highway in the Port of San Diego.

the port chair sculpture pose again cris puzzled?

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

A Big Splash on the Bay!

by lmkluque Updated Oct 5, 2013

When I first saw the Red, White and Blue Flag speeding on the bay, I thought it was a speed boat practicing for a race. Checking into it I found out that the Patriot Speed Boat is part of the Flagship Harbor Excursion Tours!

The price is a bit more than the regular Harbor Cruise Tours and the time spent is half an hour, but if you like speed, this will suit you well!! They advertise that they go thrillingly fast and will spin 360 degrees, "on-a-dime," and I can tell you they do!!

So if you're looking to clear the cob-webs out of your brain, try it. It is fun! b Vrooooom!

• Adventure Travel
    • Sailing and Boating

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Take a Harbor Cruise!

by lmkluque Updated Sep 20, 2011

There are two companies, "San Diego Harbor Excursions" and "Hornblower Cruises" which offer a one or two hour cruise on the Bay of San Diego several times a day. If you are looking for a more romantic moment, take one of their Dinner Cruises!

San Diego Harbor Excursions has been my choice each time I take a harbor cruise and I've been very satisfied with the service.

Just before boarding the boat, everyone is collected in a reserved area near the gang-plank and while waiting, a photographer takes a photo of you and your party, at the end of the cruise the developed photos are displayed on a board and offered for sale. You are not required to buy anything, however, it is a nice souvenir for your guests to take home.

The views along the bay are wonderful but nothing beats sipping a spicy Bloody Mary, with wind blowing through your hair and the bright California sun warming your skin!

To give and idea of some things you might see, There are a few harbor cruise sites in my San Diego Bay Travelogue.

Whale watching and other special events are offered so check their website if you are interested.

Pelican Cruise the Bay too! An Elegant Evening On SD Bay Contrasts of SD Hornblower Cruise Dock
    • Sailing and Boating

• Speed Boat Adventure

by sandiego2011 Written Jul 16, 2011

What a great tour! We got to drive our own very cool boat for about 15 miles around San Diego Bay while following our tour guide. The tour guide was great and very imformative. The whole trip was very well organized and the boats are soooo fun to drive! A must do in San Diego.

Leaving the dock. Meeting the locals! Full speed!
    • Whale Watching

• joanj's Profile Photo

Harbour tours

by joanj Updated Apr 4, 2011

Take a one hour tour, either North or South around the bay, or a 2 hour tour which takes you North and South of the Bay, showing wonderful sights of the city, also Naval ships, Coronado Bridge, & Island, oh too many to list here. Fully narrated, and our guide told us so many interesting things about the Naval Fleet itself.

The picture shows just one of the Naval Ships we saw.

Photo by Joan Johnson

Naval Ship

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Hornblower Harbor Cruise

by apbeaches Written Jul 16, 2008

The Big Bay, as locals call San Diego Bay, boasts some of America’s most historic warships such as the U.S.S. Ronald Reagan and the U.S.S. Midway as well as playing host to the scenic sights of the Coronado Bay Bridge and Seaport Village to name just a few!

• Adventure Travel

• kevinism's Profile Photo

Carnival Elation Cruise to Cabo

by kevinism Written Dec 7, 2007

The Carnival Elation was incredibly clean and well kept. The stateroom had a large bathroom, a closet, TV with a few stations, and a double bed which was really 2 twins pushed together. Because we were on the cruise for a birthday, the stateroom had been decorated and there was a cake, which was very nice. After setting ourselves up, we requested some extra pillows and blankets, which were delivers immediately. We also asked for soda and ice, which the steward was nice enough to make sure was filled the entire trip.

The rest of the ship, however, left a lot to be desired. The ship was built in 1991 but the color schemes and decor made it seem older. A lot of the decor I thought was a little loud and outdated. Each of the deck halls were painted in a different color. Ours was blue but some of them were bright red or orange, which made me want to puke. The casino, lounges, restaurants and bars were also awful. There was gold everywhere mixed with things such as stained glass peacocks and giant animal statues.

Speaking of restaurants, the food during the day was pretty awful. No matter which of the many buffets you went to, the food was really bland and undercooked. All the food was free but they charge 1.5 for each soda you had but you can buy drink cards for $24. However they had free lemonade, juice, coffee and hot chocolate out of the fountains and you can always share the soda cups among friends. The sit down dinners each night, however, were AMAZING. Each night had a different menu but they were all mouth-watering. Our server was the same each night and he too was really fast and thoughtful, especially considering our group was 14 drunk people.

There were a lot of fun people on the cruise. Everyone was very (drunk) friendly.. Anytime anywhere if someone started yelling or chanting, everyone joined in. At one point this very very large woman went to go down the slide into the pool and everyone stood up and cheered for her.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Singles

• wwliu's Profile Photo

San Diego Bay

by wwliu Written Apr 22, 2007

This is one of my favorite place in this city, especially at night. Of course, it is really beautiful during day time. I prefer the night time because it is going to be quite. The water is as same as the Ocean but much more peaceful. There is a lot of interesting decoration you can find there. Like the seat at the bank of the bay, it is decorated by children's drawing what is unbelievable pretty. Moreover, a lot of scupleture stand up by the side of the bay.

• tvdandy's Profile Photo

Embarcadero, lovely downtown waterfront

by tvdandy Written Jan 7, 2007

Ready for a beautiful waterfront stroll, complete with a scenic park with benches under the trees while you watch sailboats in the lovely bay. Or maybe take a walk around the marina area there and fantasize about owning a yacht someday. This is a great area for a picnic or to ready in the shade. There are also plenty of monuments and statues to take in a little culture while you are on your stroll. There are also great sweeping vistas to take some amazing pics!

Just relax and watch the sailboats beatiful marina area Just look at that view! One of the many statues Lovely view, lovely shade, lovely San Diego

• anagrettel's Profile Photo

Port of San Diego Sculpture exhibit

by anagrettel Updated Aug 1, 2006

On my way home back from the airport I found the never before seen metallic scultures that call my attention inmediately, I have hear about this "Public Art at the Port" but I never had enought interest to go and look at it by myself, so this time I decide to take a look in the company of my son, and We really enjoyed I was fascinated by the art sculptures that are part of "urban trees" exhibit and enjoying the view, my son make me read the plaques in all the sculptures and he enjoy giving me his own interpretation of the artwork. It wat lot of fun.
    here are some of our favorites:

Hiss-Tree
    By Keith Lamberth

Solar cactus By Luis Piek

Others (sorry I make notes on a piece of paper about thesculptures and lost most of them)

Hiss Tree Solar cactus

• Phalaenopsis03's Profile Photo

Harbor Cruise on the Hornblower

by Phalaenopsis03 Updated Jun 26, 2006

In addition to the happening nightlife that San Diego is popular for, it's also very much synonymous to the country's military/naval traditions. Therefore, exploring the city via a two-hour harbor cruise is a neat option for the visitor. I say two hours instead of the one because the two-hour tour allows you to see the entire bay (north and south). The north bay portion passes by Shelter Island, Point Loma, and a vessel used in the filming of the movie, "Hunt for Red October," among other highlights. The south bay tour passes by the USS Midway aircraft carrier, Seaport Village, cruises under the Coronado Bay Bridge, and sees plenty of navy ships along the way.

The cost of the two-hour cruise is $22.00 and it's $17.00 for the one-hour. However, I got a discounted rate of only $14.50. Not bad at all. If you're interested to know on how you might be able to get this rate, just email me. The Hornblower website also provides online discounts.

Me aboard the Hornblower (6.24.06) USS Midway (San Diego Aircraft Carrier Museum) Passing under the Coronado Bay Bridge Coast Guard Cutter U.S. Warships

• Harbour Cruise

by ShempDeeLa Written Jun 1, 2004

There are two companies that offer cruises of the harbour, Hornblower and San Diego Harbour Excursion. We went with the latter because when we went to the vistor center (across the street from both cruise companies) we were given a coupon for a 2 for 1 cruise. This meant we paid $20 for two of us rather than $40. We chose the 2 hour cruise, there is also a 1 hour which is a little cheaper, but not much. The 2 hour cruise is definitely the one to go for because you get to see both ends of the bay. On the cruise you will see many navy ships and a beautiful view of the San Diego skyline. We also saw a whole lot of sea lions. We went on the earliest cruise and it was chilly, bring a jacket or at least a sweater no matter what time you go, you'll more than likely be cool.

• CJD68's Profile Photo

Be awed by the US Navy

by CJD68 Updated Jul 17, 2003

With a US Naval yard right in the Bay, there are plenty of Naval vessals to see. One way to see things is the harbor cruise, which takes you around to see many ships and facilities from a safe distance. If you'd like to see things a bit closer, one ship is usually docked in the harbor on the weekend for visitors to tour.

USS Ranger