Too Much To See, San Diego

Know about this?

NIGHT TOUR AROUND GASLAMP DISTRICT
    by matcrazy1
  • Courtyard of El Prado Rest. and the House of Hosp.
    Courtyard of El Prado Rest. and the...
    by matcrazy1
  • Too Much To See
    by denver662
  • matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Lack of memory

by matcrazy1 Updated Jun 10, 2003

Courtyard of El Prado Rest. and the House of Hosp.

After coming back home I forgot at least one place I visited - look at my picture - WHERE IT IS?

Maybe you know - hmmm... somewhere in Balboa park on our way from Museum of Man to the Spreckels Organ Pavilion - e-mail me please if you know!

Is there something wrong with my memory chip?

Haha, Linda just replied:
    Matt, the fountain with the girl holding the water jug is in the courtyard of El Prado Restaurant and the House of Hospitality.
    THANK YOU very much, Linda!

Unique Suggestions: Do you know any pills for better memory? :-)

Fun Alternatives: Stay at home :-( or go to the beach only - easy to remember :-).

• Architecture

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Lack of time

by matcrazy1 Updated Jun 7, 2003

NIGHT  TOUR  AROUND  GASLAMP  DISTRICT

The only real tourist trap (is it a trap?) I found in San Diego was my lack of time to see everything I would like to see - there are just too many places to visit in and around San Diego hehe.

Btw I have too much comfortable bed in San Diego (over-comfortable :-) and too good company so I "lost" some time especially in the mornings hehe.

Unique Suggestions: Hurry up and don't sleep (or choose less comfortable bed :-))).

Fun Alternatives: Take longer vacation :-)

• For anyone who does visit San...

by djklmnop Written Aug 26, 2002

For anyone who does visit San Diego, it is more than likely that you will not be able to see all of the beautiful places in a single trip. What I do recommend is, that you make a list of where you would like to be, when you are here, and prioritize them accordingly. I will provide a list of these places in the forthcoming months, so check back often! Photos will also be posted as they become available.

Museum of Photographic Arts (MoMA)One of my favorite place to visit :). The Museum of Photographic Arts is located within the vicinity of Balboa Park, where there are numerous other museums and activites as well. Various fine-art photographs are displayed, in which it is opened to the public (I beleive there is a minimal admission charge). If you happen to be there on a Tuesday, selected museums offer free admission. Check out the list to see which museum will be offering free admission for your visitation week.

Horton Plaza Shopping MallAside from Balboa Park, this is probrably one of the most visited San Diego mall by tourists. I am not much of a shopping mall person, so one mall is just as mally as another :). But, what intrigues me most about this mall is that it gives you a sense of being outdoor and indoor. When you're window shopping, it'll feel as if you are indoors looking around, but you will again come to your senses when you turn to look over the balcony. Horton Plaza is about two miles from the Downtown shore, so it may get a bit chilly. Dress accordingly! Also, Horton Plaza is not too far from Balboa Park, Seaport Village, Coronado Island, Gaslamp District, and many more! But hey, you're not in a hurry.. Are you??? Good, more on that next time :)

• denver662's Profile Photo

A definite tourist trap is the...

by denver662 Written Aug 26, 2002

A definite tourist trap is the San Diego Zoo. If you have the time I would highly recommend it. If not, skip it. I've heard that its the busiest zoo in the country and it definitely was the day I went. The city was celebrating something that day so admission was free (can't complain about that). There were thousands upon thousands of people there. Thankfully, it was my last stop of the day and I wasn't in a hurry so I was able to enjoy it.

Instant Answers: San Diego