Yosemite National Park, San Francisco

Know about this? Rate It!

• Gold mine
  • jltan's Profile Photo

Bow To 'El Capitan'

by jltan Updated Feb 10, 2005

El Capitan

One of the highlights of my San Francisco trip, Yosemite provide nature-lovers with scenic views and inviting trails. Making this day trip was worth it. You can spot mountain-climbers at the face of El Capitan as well as hike along the trails. This is a wonderful experience...

• Adventure Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo

One of the World's Great Natural Beauties-Yosemite

by Sandi-2004 Updated Oct 3, 2004

If you decide on a side trip to Yosemite, you must see one of it's many treasures. In Yosemite valley is a magnificent hotel & restaurant: the Ahwahnee.

As a National Historical Landmark and one of the most distinctive resort hotels in North America, The Ahwahnee is known for its great granite façade, striking beamed ceilings, massive stone hearths, richly colored Native American artwork, and finely appointed rooms. With 123 rooms & only 99 guest rooms plus 24 cottages, the Ahwahnee is usually booked a year in advance.

Completed in 1927, the hotel features grand public spaces featuring giant stone fireplaces, massive hand-stenciled beams, rich tapestries and elegant stained glass.

When we went to Yosemite, we couldn't afford to stay at the Ahwahnee (with rates starting at
    $350 per room) but we could have dinner there.
    It was a wonderful experience. Just to walk through the place is very enjoyable.

For great photos of the Ahwanhnee, see the
    website below.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Singles

• Sunshinekiss's Profile Photo

Feel closer to God in Yosemite Park

by Sunshinekiss Written Jun 29, 2004

The Mirror Lake

The most majestic and beautiful place I have ever been in my whole life...I just wish I could spend more time there, a week maybe...only one day is definately NOT enough! The place is a breath taking...it makes you feel so close to God...it's blessed for sure. Worth a visit!! I will never forget what I had in front of my eyes...everything so beautiful...The Mirror Lake is a must see in Yosemite

• Theme Park Trips

• where2next's Profile Photo

Worth the Trip

by where2next Updated Apr 9, 2004

Lower Yosemite Falls

I made several trips to San Fran and L.A. before I made it to Yosemite. I think occurred because there is just so much to do in both places. Overall, though, my trips to Yosemite have been more fun and memorable than anything that I've done elsewhere in California. I highly recommend that you make a trip here.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Yosemite National Park

by grandmaR Updated Aug 22, 2003

Informational sign at valley entrance

Yosemite is a MUST SEE when you visit California. For additional photos and information see my Yosemite page at:

Yosemite

From the NPS website:

"Yosemite National Park embraces a spectacular tract of mountain-and-valley scenery in the Sierra Nevada, which was set aside as a national park in 1890. The park harbors a grand collection of waterfalls, meadows, and forests that include groves of giant sequoias, the world's largest living things.

"Highlights of the park include Yosemite Valley, and its high cliffs and waterfalls; Wawona's history center and historic hotel; the Mariposa Grove, which contains hundreds of ancient giant sequoias; Glacier Point's (summer-fall) spectacular view of Yosemite Valley and the high country; Tuolumne Meadows (summer-fall), a large subalpine meadow surrounded by mountain peaks; and Hetch Hetchy, a reservoir in a valley considered a twin of Yosemite Valley. "

• Photography

• RafaGoes's Profile Photo

Dark Star Hotel

by RafaGoes Written Jun 18, 2003

Gold mine

If you leave Yosemite you can easily drive on the way to the border of California and Nevada, the scenery is cool, on the way, you can ask for some info's about some old gold mines, there's some lakes and moutains in the surroundings, well its hard to explain but quite easy to find !

• ycwong's Profile Photo

We made a trip out to...

by ycwong Written Aug 26, 2002

We made a trip out to Yosemite. It was absolutely beautiful...pity we only had only 2 days to explore the place. We certainly didn't had to luxury to follow as many trials as we would have liked. Watch out for more details and pics in my travelogue.

Instant Answers: San Francisco

Comments

View all San Francisco hotels