Cheesecake Factory, San Francisco

meatloaf
    rib eye steak
    waiting for food
  • machomikemd's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: Roof top withA View of Unions Square!

by machomikemd Updated Mar 10, 2012

eating

It is the only Northern California branch of Cheesecake Factory that occupies the top floor of Macy's Union Square location. Very popular because of the Ambiance and off course because of the view of union square area and beyond. Among the polished brass fixtures, marble-topped almost everything and the sinuous mouth-blown glass lamps of this operation, ladies who lunch, tourist families, and locals negotiate a voluminous menu and Cheesecake factory give you really big portions. This is one of my favorite areas in the Union Square Area, even better than the Burger Bar at the floor below it. The food is decent, atmosphere is good, it's just the waiting time can be way tooo long since this is Union Square Area!

Favorite Dish: Choose from crisp salads, tasty burgers, nicely done pasta dishes, fried chicken and, of course, cheesecake.

Prices: Appetizers $5.95-$9.95; entrees $7.95-$26.95; dessert $5.95-$7.50

Opens: 11am-11pm Mon-Th, 11a-midnight, Fri-Sat, 10am-10pm Sun, 10am-11pm

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: Resto with a View to Union Square

by machomikemd Written May 14, 2011
    waiting for food

Part two of my cheesecake factory tips with more pictures. Again, the Place is the only Northern California branch of Cheesecake Factory that occupies the top floor of Macy's Union Square location. Very popular because of the Ambiance and off course because of the view of union square area and beyond. Among the polished brass fixtures, marble-topped almost everything and the sinuous mouth-blown glass lamps of this operation, ladies who lunch, tourist families, and locals negotiate a voluminous menu and Cheesecake factory give you really big portions. The food is decent, atmosphere is good, it's just the waiting time can be way tooo long since this is Union Square Area!

Favorite Dish: You can choose from crisp salads, tasty burgers, nicely done pasta dishes, fried chicken and, of course, their original cheesecake. My choices were the rib eye steak for $ 40, the Wagyu Burger at $ 17 and the Meatloaf at $ 16 plus the original cheesecake at $ 7. The extensive menu includes over 200 selections, including appetizers, pizza, pasta, seafood, steaks, salads, sandwiches, etc. Its featured dishes include Chicken Madeira, Miso Salmon, Cajun Jambalaya Pasta, and The Factory Burger. They have 50 different cheesecakes and desserts, including their registered trademark, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, and their Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. (One of My fave Chocolates, see my Godiva Chocolate shopping tips here).

Opens: 11am-11pm Mon-Th, 11a-midnight, Fri-Sat, 10am-10pm Sun, 10am-11pm

• Beer Tasting

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: Fast Food at its Mega-Best

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Dec 19, 2009

Hungry from a morning's sightseeing, we found the Cheesecake Factory quite by accident as we rode the Macey's elevator to the fifth floor. Joininng the queue for the elevator, I half guessed that I wasn't going to find jut your regular store cafe, and in this respect I was quite right.

We had to wait 20 mins for a table and were guided by our satellite remote holder which flashed red when a table was ready for us.

We were guided to a spacious table in a highly charged electric atmosphere filled restaurant. Servers rushed here and there to fill the palates of the hungry, the thirsty, and the vaguely interested.

Apart altogether from the hundred and one versions of cheesecake that are there to tease you, there are so many other savoury and sweet dishes on the menu that you could come here for a month and not be bored. I watched enormous salads, chicken dishes, and wraps float past our table.

Favorite Dish: As we had come for a light lunch we opted for three starter portions between us. We ordered corn dogs, stuffed mushrooms, and buffalo wings. There was enough food to feed four easily. It was tasty and fresh and well served.

After lunch we strolled to the balcony and watched the ice skaters on Union Square.

It's also possible to have a balcony side table, though we declined, finding it too cold. That saying, the balcony tables are heated.

• Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: More than a great cheesecake!

by Cruiseone2003 Updated Jan 7, 2008

The Cheesecake Factory lobby, San Francisco CA

I like the Cheesecake factory because the menu variety seems to satisfy everyone from the vegetarian to the carnivore; the Union Square Location is a bonus.
    They have an awesome bar and make a great martini! You can have appetizers or cheesecake at the bar or dine in one of two dining rooms; one is inside and the other is outside and overlooks Union Square and SF skyscrapers.
    The service is friendly and quick, the food is tasty. This place can get very busy especially on a holiday. It's also open late at night. This restaurant is perfect for tourists since it's in Union Square but not so touristy that locals would not like it.

Favorite Dish: So many to choose from but what I have tried so far is the Steak Diane which was very nice. Yesterday's meal (1/6/2008) was the SPICY CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH
    Crispy Coated Chicken Breast Covered with Melted Cheese and
    Either Our Spicy Buffalo Sauce or Chipotle Pepper Mayo.
    Served on a Brioche Bun with Fries. You can substitue a salad for the fries at no charge. Washed it down with a nice Sam Adams, tax and tip was $20

Don't forget to save room for the cheesecake!

• Cheesecake Factory: Mediocre Food With All the Hype

by RobDavis Written Aug 22, 2006

The Cheese Cake Factory in San Fran is located on the top floor of Macy's Department Store. Since we were at Union Square, and it was dinner time, we figured we'd grab a nice sit-down dinner at this place.

So we got all the way to the top retail floor of Macy's when we heard it. It sounded like a baseball stadium full of people. It was, in fact, a restaurant entrance crowded with so many people that there was no place to stand. It was absolutely mobbed. We were hungry, we were there, and I figured the food must be good if this many people were here. So I struggled my way to the front desk and said "how long for a table?". The friendly desk girl told me it would be about 20 minutes, and gave me one of those big flashing pagers that alert you when the table is ready.

So we found a small space to stand and watched the chaos of people pushing and struggling as they waited for their table. I was pretty excited thinking how good the food would be.

About 25 minutes later (not bad!) we were paged and then shown to our table.

The menu is huge (you can view it on their webpage) and has something to offer everyone. I was very impressed with the variety, and the prices all seemed fairly reasonable.

The food, however, was nothing special. The fries were hard and overcooked, the meat on my Philly Cheesesteak was tough and tasteless, and my wife's Club Sandwhich was a bit disappointing.

Favorite Dish: When you go to a place called the Cheese Cake Factory, don't order the Apple Pie. Get the Cheese Cake!!

The Cheese Cake was top-notch. I got some bizarre exotic flavour like peanut butter chocolate chip oreo cookie dough or something like that. It was ok, but I've had better. My wife had the basic cheese cake and it was a lot better.

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: It's always so busy

by UKDaisy Written Jan 5, 2006

Whichever branch of the Cheesecake Factory that I visit, there are always big big queues, so I resort to having to take-out my cheesecake. So I can't comment on the restaurant food, but the cheesecakes are amazing!!! You must try their cheesecakes!

• Cheesecake Factory: Got 3 hours to kill?

by beansf Written Dec 22, 2005

This place has a huge menu, and i like the food. However, the service is REALLY bad. I have had to wait over 30 minutes to get a check. Once they take your order, the servers generally seem to disappear. Not worth the trouble..

Favorite Dish: Snickers Cheesecake

• geeyook's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: Cheesecake Factory on Union Square

by geeyook Updated Dec 8, 2005

Union Square

Part of chain. Overlooking Union Square, it offers a huge menu with lots of choices and generous portions. Hip modern decor. Don't forget their namesake, Cheesecake. This restaurant can be very crowded with shoppers and tourists, so be prepared to wait.

Favorite Dish: CAJUN JAMBALAYA PASTA

• tracymg's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: Cheesecake - eat in or take away.

by tracymg Written Apr 3, 2005

This restaurant is great. The menu features everything from steak to salad to cheescake to fish.

The steaks are huge and the desserts are too. I can still taste the cheesecake now. Great service. Cannot fault.

Favorite Dish: Filet Mignon
    Cookie dough and choc chip cheesecake.

• rickyvilla81's Profile Photo

The Cheesecake Factory: Incredible Cheesecakes overlooking Union Square

by rickyvilla81 Written Mar 18, 2003

If you don't like cheesecake, do not worry - the menu is so huge and the portions so big that you will not have room for one as dessert. Yes, this place has the best cheesecake in the WORLD - I had the Snickers flavour the first time I went, man, I was in heaven - and a huge selection too, but there is so much on their book-like menu to eat as starters or main that you should count on taking the cheesecake home and having for breakfast. As is US policy, dishes are very big - I actually ate a whole chicken - and very very tasty. As my first real US eating experience it was a good way to start. And the best thing was we were out on the patio, which is above Macy's Union Square, and looks out on the heart of San Francisco at night. Pretty darn good.

Favorite Dish: As far as cheesecake goes, I recommend their more chocolatey ones, but I will say that the Snickers one went down very well!

• Skigirl's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: On top of the Union

by Skigirl Written Jan 19, 2003

On the roof of Macy's outdoors in Union Square as a setting the Cheesecake Factory has a wonderful setting to enjoy one of the many delights listed in its vast menu.

Favorite Dish: Sweet Tamale Cakes- wonderful sweet corn cakes topped with a tomatillo sauce served with sour cream and pico de gallo. YUM

• wrldtravler's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: Great views of Union Square

by wrldtravler Updated Jan 1, 2003

interior

The popular franchise brings its eclectic, value-priced menu to Macy's in Union Square.
    Though the wait can be long for a table on the terrace, it's the only place to sit if you truly want your money's worth.
    Expect a lot of tourists.

Favorite Dish: Exactly as you'd expect: consistent and with a little bit of something for everyone. Look for offerings such as chicken Caesar salad, Thai lettuce wraps and, of course, massive layer cakes and cheesecakes of numerous varieties.

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Cheesecake Factory: Fabulous Cheescakes

by vichatherly Written Jul 21, 2010

Cheesecake Factory

Just what the doctor ordered after a hard but enjoyable day "Biking the Bridge"

Favorite Dish: They do serve other food, but we were just there for the cheesecake.

Instant Answers: San Francisco

Comments

Hotels Near Cheesecake Factory
3.5 out of 5 stars