Clothing Stores, San Francisco

Know about this? Rate It!

• Clothing Stores
    by dustmon
  • Clothing Stores
    by dustmon
    TSE Storefront
    by sajayi

Manifesto: Beautiful Hand-made Clothing

by bottleofdoom Written Mar 17, 2004

Small boutique for men, women and children. Selections are limited but change for the seasons. Most of the items are made by the propietor, but there are some other labels as well. The style is retro/cocktail yet modern. The quality of the fabrics and the craftsmanship are impeccable.

What to buy: I bought a beautiful dress with subtle yet endearing details. It fits like a glove and everybody asks me where I got that dress when I wear it. It is amazingly comfortable and it turns me into an instant beauty.

What to pay: $117

• Karnubawax's Profile Photo

Various: Vintage Clothing on Haight Street

by Karnubawax Written Aug 24, 2005

Held Over

There are so many cool vintage clothing stores on Haight Street that I have made a travelogue of a "tour" of some of the best. All of those listed have stood the test of time, and are places you're sure to find some interesting stuff and/or great deals!

Go to the Haight Clothes Shopping Travelogue!

• newsphotogirl's Profile Photo

Clothing Stores: Shopping

by newsphotogirl Updated Jun 18, 2006

Ambiance on Union Street

There are too many places to shop in San Francisco.
    Union Street in Cow Hollow (where I lived for a year) has many cute botiques with a few chain stores thrown in. My favorite place is Sephora which has practically every type of beauty product there is. I could spend hours there. But then I'm a girl. My husband doesn't feel the same way:) Cow Hollow has quite a variety of shops mixed in with great restaurants and cafes. Ambiance and Jest Jewels are also favorites.

Fillmore Street in Pacific Heights is similar but maybe a bit more high end.

Union Square (different from Union Street) is the mecca for high-end shopping. You can't beat the multi-level Macy's. There is also Neiman Marcus, Saks, Tiffany's, and a four level Levis. That's just for starters.

Walking toward Market St. you can find a Sephora, Anthropologie, Gap and H&M.

I could go on and on...

Villains: Hip Clothing

by bottleofdoom Updated Feb 1, 2004

Nice shop with men's and women's clothing. Not punk oriented, just hip casual. They had a large selection of Gammo Go and Fine shirts. One thing I noticed about a lot of the shops in San Francisco is that everything is quality made, usually from cotton and fits really well. I usually wear medium sizes, but mostly everything I bought was size small and they fit nicely.

What to buy: Gammo Go shirt and black skirt

What to pay: $66

Paul Frank: Julius

by bottleofdoom Written Mar 17, 2004

You've probably seen Julius, the monkey, on people and their accessories. He is the design of Paul Frank and there are many more "characters" in his catalog. The shop has men & women's clothing and accessories.

What to buy: All-cotton t-shirt with frowning giraffe on front, Julius blue-striped gloves

What to pay: $35

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Shanghai Tang (sorry, there's not one in SF!): Have your friends shop for you while they travel!

by Geisha_Girl Written Mar 15, 2003

A gift from Bond_Girl's travels in HK

The beauty about having good friends with GREAT taste, is that they always get you the GOOD STUFF while traveling abroad!

What to buy: Shanghai Tang is a famous chain of boutiques in Hong Kong, London, New York.....what's in the box? Something silky, sexy, and very very much for a lady who loves to lounge!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Alla Prima: Prelude to Dinner

by Geisha_Girl Updated Mar 27, 2003

Dessert already?  We haven't even had our soufflee

We had a 5:30pm dinner reservation with our fellow VTers in San Francisco. We were half an hour early......what are two VT women supposed to do? (Bond_Girl and Geisha_Girl). SHOP FOR LINGERIE of course!!

We stumbled upon this lovely boutique 2 doors down from the restaurant, Cafe Jacqueline on Grant St. What a find!

What to buy: Alla Prima is without a doubt, one of the best lingerie shops in the city. A great place to get *special* items, as well as the everyday basics. With a friendly staff, it's a great place to pick up a wide selection of brands such as La Perla, Audabe, and Cosabella.

What to pay: Their prices are much better than the Dept. stores.

• poetjo's Profile Photo

San Francisco, CA 94116
    (415) 661-2683
    Category: Shopping
    Neighborhood: Parkside

This little gem is hidden in my neighborhood and I walk by it almost everyday. I had to buy a top, a bag and some jewelry for a gala event I was attending. So, I decided to check out the major retailers, Macy's, Ross etc... I couldn't find anything I wanted not to mention unfortunately at larger department stores you virtually receive no help. While coming back home I thought well why not stop by May Fung Fashions and at least look for a bag. I never thought I'd find a top because I assumed they would all be too small. Long story short I not only found one but many tops my size and perfect for the occasion. I had a choice of several evening bags and even found the earrings I wanted. The owner helped me the entire time, making suggestions and basically helped me find exactly what I wanted and needed for the event. The store has varied styles and sizes which would suit anyone's taste and at good prices.

They also carry a variety of gifts as well.

They are so friendly and helpful it was a wonderful experience shopping there. It's right in my neighborhood and I am definitely going back again and again. I'm so glad I walked in there when I did.

Great little neighborhood boutique.

What to pay: Anywhere from about $5.00 on up to around $60.00

• Union Square: TSE: Luxury Apparel and Accessories

by sajayi Updated Jul 16, 2008
    TSE Cashmere Wall

In 1989, TSE the cashmere label, was founded by Augustine Tse, supporting an idea that this luxury yarn, up to that point, had been greatly under-utilized. This beautiful raw material had been used very one-dimensionally, was very classic and expensive, and was perceived to be reserved only for the elite. The objective of the company was to incorporate this incredible material into all aspects of one’s life and make it more accessible to a broader audience. It was this modern adaptation of the traditional commodity that forever changed the luxury cashmere business.

Today, TSE is both a wholesaler and a retailer with businesses that are comprised of a woven designer collection strongly supported with luxury knitwear of impeccable quality. The company stays true to its original philosophy, which is to continue to be a laboratory for ideas and innovations.

What to buy: TSE's San Francisco store sells women's clothing, men's clothing, contemporary women’s clothing (the tsesay collection) as well as handbags and belts. What I like most about TSE is the versatility and depth of each season's collection. TSE carries ready-to-wear knit and woven items for day and evening which come in interesting prints, designs and fabrications. Without question TSE has become a more fashion forward brand, but it stays true to its classic core by stocking basic cashmere and wool knits all year round. Just as important as the collections themselves, I have ALWAYS found the TSE store staff to be friendly, trust-worthy and knowledgeable.

The TSE store in San Francisco is the place to buy luxurious cashmere and wool knits in addition to winter accessories (hats, scarves, gloves) in the Fall/Winter seasons. Their cashmere and wool winter coats, capes, blazers, dresses, skirts and pants are noteworthy. EVERYONE should own at least 1 basic crewneck, v-neck or cardigan sweater made of TSE's impeccably tailored and luxuriously soft cashmere. When the season change, TSE is also the place to purchase luxury cotton, linen and silk Resort and Spring clothing. The new TSE handbag and accessories complement their merchandise each season by adding the element of color in different cashmere, leather, and patent leather combinations.

What to pay: TSE sells luxury items at a luxury price point, but their clothing is well worth the cost. The items that I have purchased from this store have lasted for years.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• VICTORIA'S SECRET: Discounted Items

by lemon4juice Updated Apr 18, 2004
    Victoria's Secret at Market St.

After having a good time riding the cable car, we walk along the Market St. We saw Saks Fifth Avenue, FCUK and Vcitorias Secet. VC is well known to my country so we didn't miss it by hopping inside the shop.

What to buy: Well, I bought one of girl's best thing and necessity, PANTY :). My friend and I bought a 3 for $20 string panties. I really love Victoria's Secret especially their Garden Fragrance Collection.

What to pay: depends... but you can buy something as low as 7 dollars.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Les Cent Culottes: Lingerie

by GUYON Written Jul 24, 2004

Cent Culottes

Now, I know the Victoria's Secret. It (she) copies the French Linen at Les Cent Culottes (there is a joke in the title).

What to buy: Lingerie

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Distractions: good selection of T shirts

by dustmon Written May 20, 2012

The owner was friendly and showed us the stuff he had displayed in the back room----lots of head shop stuff too------recommended.....

What to buy: vintage clothes

What to pay: average

• Study Abroad
    • School Holidays

Instant Answers: San Francisco

Comments

View all San Francisco hotels