Shuttles, San Francisco

Know about this? Rate It!

Wait here....
    Look for the Supershuttle sign
    Opposite these doors......
    by leics
  • Super Shuttle is Super Bad!

by Courtass Written Oct 9, 2013

Like many other people that wrote reviews on this huge screw up of a company. If I could I would give them negative 5 stars. My wife and I had a reservation for them to pick us up at 3:50am downtown SFO for our early morning flight, we were downstairs ready to go with our luggage 5 minutes early. During the 15 min wait time one of there vans went whipping by our hotel at about 40 miles an hour, the driver not even looking for us. So we figured oh ok maybe that's not our van. 20 minutes later I decided to call. The guy on the phone checks the status on our van and says " sorry sir your van was there at 3:56am and you were not there so you are marked as a no ride". Excuse me I said we were there ready to go 10 min before that and the one van that went by sped right by us. Well sir he says it looks like you won't make your flight then. WTF who are you to say that, and thank you for not even trying to get us another ride. We ended up taking a taxi for $2.00 more then the cost of the shuttle. I recommend taking a taxi before using this company.

• leics's Profile Photo

Supershuttle

by leics Written Aug 14, 2013
    Look for the Supershuttle sign

I decided to book a shuttle transfer from SFO to my hotel because I was arriving in the evening. Although walk-ups are on offer I chose to book online in advance and decided to go with a company whose name I already knew from other trips rather than with a local firm.

My inbound fight was delayed, but there was no problem. When I eventually found the shuttle stop (not terribly well-signed within the airport terminals) I simply gave my booking number to the attendant (present from 0800 to 0000) and my minibus arrived within 10 minutes or so. Shuttles are not allowed to wait on the airport itself so there's always a gap between you arriving and your shuttle turning up.

The shuttle stop is outside T1, on the upper level.

As it turned out I was the only passenger, so I got a ride from the airport to my hotel for 17USD. I wouldn't have minded sharing the ride and waiting whilst others were dropped at other SF hotels: it's a good way to see a bit of a city and get one's bearings.

I was pleased with the efficiency of the service (given my late arrival), the fare and the courtesy of the driver (who has to be tipped, of course, as is usual in the US).

I can recommend Supershuttle as a reliable and safe way to get from SFO to your hotel.

• Singles
    • Seniors

• Especially good if you have a lot of luggage.

by RblWthACoz Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Super Shuttle can take you from the airport to any destination in San Francisco for $15. Whereas it is more expensive than Bart, it is still cheaper than a taxi, and is especially good if you have a fair amount of luggage. They pick you up in a blue van with yellow writing on the sides and will take you right to the door of wherever you want to go.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

San Francisco City Shuttle.

by pfsmalo Updated Sep 15, 2010

This IS NOT our ride to the airport!!!!!!

Used the above-named shuttle service from Lombard street motel out to the airport with a 5.00 am pickup. No problem, the guy was there at 4.55 am waiting for us. This actually turned into a private shuttle as we picked no-one else up on the way. The driver didn't chat much in the mini-bus at all, which I didn't mind at 5.00 am, but then again, once unloaded our bags he just said goodbye and didn't even wait for a tip.

At the motel when booking I paid $14 deposit and $18 to the driver for the 2 of us. Don't know if this is the cheapest shuttle out to the airport but I was pleased with the service.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Airport transport

by easterntrekker Written Nov 29, 2007

The taxi cost us $38.00 for the two of us from the airport to downtown . Leavibg we took the American Airport Shuttle for $11.00 ( with a coupon) Coupons are everywhere in the tourist papers. You have to call to reserve.

• Business Travel

• heryanta's Profile Photo

Go Lorrie's Shuttle

by heryanta Written Nov 20, 2007

The cheapest way to get from SFO to downtown SF is with the BART.

However if you need to get into SF at odd hours or staying outside the downtown area you might want to consider Lorrie's.

Unlike my experience with Super Shuttle who circled the terminals many times before leaving the airport Lorrie's shuttle left the airport after picking me up. There was only another person in the shuttle so I was happy that it left without waiting for it to be filled up.

The rest of the trip was thankfully also a non-event, apart from the fact that the driver refused to buckle up (yikes!).

$14 flat rate from SFO to downtown SF - good when traveling alone since the cab will cost you between $35 to $40

• VdV's Profile Photo

Rapid bus between San Francisco and L.A.

by VdV Written Jul 18, 2007

I have to confess that I have not yet used this service, but plan to sometime soon. This "luxury" shuttle bus between SF and LA sounds like a great alternative to flying. Indeed, my last two flights between LA and SF involved delays of approximately 2 hrs. each way, and when you figure in having to get to each airport at least 60-90 minutes before your flight, a one-hour one-way trip is fast becoming a half-day affair given all the airport hassles.

California Shuttle Bus provides rapid bus service (one 15-minute rest stop at the halfway point) between San Francisco and LA for a mere $45 each way. An extra $15 for "luxury" will enable you to ensure that the seat next to you remains empty (a real luxury on airplanes and most buses these days!)

The buses leave each city every day at 1:00 pm and arrive between 7pm and 8pm, avoiding peak traffic hours in each city. There are various drop-off points listed on the website. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance either by phone or online.

I will update this tip after I experience it first-hand, but wanted to share it with all of you since it seems like a good deal, with good service (read the LA Times article on the website).

If anyone uses this service before I do, please post a tip describing your experience.

Happy Travels!

• Seniors

• Lornabug's Profile Photo

FREE Burlingame Trolley: Shopping at SFO

by Lornabug Updated Mar 14, 2007

There is no better overnight layover to have than SFO, now that we have a free SF style trolley-bus from most of the airport hotels to Burlingame's two great shopping streets, the upscale, outskirts town where the likes of Bing Crosby raised their families. Burlingame Ave has all the upscale staples: Gap, J Crew, Chico's, Banana, as well as lots of amazing restaurants and great smaller shops. Broadway Ave has many smaller family shops and holes in the wall. Flight crews especially love to take advantage of an afternoon for shopping here, why don't you? Here's the trolley L.D.

I'll just steal this from the City's website, thank you:

This shuttle runs between the hotels along Airport Blvd and Bayshore to shopping areas along Broadway and Burlingame Avenues seven days a week.

Runs seven days a week from 12:00 noon to 9:45 p.m. with a break during the 3 o'clock hour, serving both the Burlingame Avenue and Broadway shopping areas and Airport Hotels. On Fridays, Saturdays and holidays, the service continues with extended evening hours until 11:15 p.m. The shuttle stops at the lobbies of the hotels.

Currently there is no charge to passengers for the use of the shuttle services.

Airport Marriott Passenger loading zone (lobby area - beyond canopy)
    Hyatt Regency Passenger loading zone (lobby area)
    Crowne Plaza Passenger loading zone (lobby area)
    Doubletree Hotel Passenger loading zone (lobby area)
    Sheraton Hotel In front of hotel driveway on Airport Blvd.
    Embassy Suites Hotel Passenger loading zone (lobby area)
    Broadway Shopping S.W. corner of Capuchino & Broadway
    Burlingame Ave. Shopping In front of Burlingame Caltrain Station on California.
    Flag Stop On California Avenue in front of the Broadway Caltrain station

• Business Travel

• colbeck100's Profile Photo

Fast , efficient and polite

by colbeck100 Written May 5, 2005

We took the Supershuttle from the airport to the OMNI hotel. This transfer was slick and I had no complaints at all. We arrived at a busy time but the journey was quick and the driver took no risks. The mini-bus was big enough for 3 families in comfort. The driver was polite but did not dominate the conversation.
    Good transfer - dependable so we would use them again.

• dila's Profile Photo

shuttles from SFO

by dila Written Jun 26, 2003

we took a shuttlebus from san francisco airport and paid together $25 because we both went to the Powell hotel the driver could make a different price he said.
    so if you are with more people to the same adress i think you can talk about the price. you share the shuttle with other people so maybe the shuttle goes first to another adress.

• RJ1967's Profile Photo

Buses II

by RJ1967 Updated Feb 3, 2003

Route KX is an express bus that will take you from SFO to 1st & Mission for $3.50. This bus also goes southbound to Palo Alto. To find this bus go to the north end of the terminal to baggage carousel 17, then go outside and turn right. Its on a center divider a few hundred feet after you get outside.

For schedule information go to the web site below.

• RJ1967's Profile Photo

Airport shuttles

by RJ1967 Updated Feb 3, 2003

There are numerous companies that offer shuttle vans into San Francisco and other bay area destinations.
    To catch a shuttle from SFO go up to the 2nd level, above baggage claim. There's shuttles there 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Before you get in a van be sure to agree on a price first. Also be sure find out how many stops it will be before you get dropped off. A short trip can turn into a long one if they drive all over town before getting to you
    If you are planning to take a shuttle from your accomodation to the airport reservations are required. To take a shuttle from SFO its first come first served.
    Take a look at this web site for an extensive list of shuttle companies and their phone numbers.

I used Airporter shuttle on my trip to the airport. He was on time and VERY fast. He picked me up, then 6 more ppl, and got us all 30mi/50km to the airport in 50 minutes. Since I got reservations thru my hostel it was only $9. A normal fee is $15.

• wrldtravler's Profile Photo

From and To The Airport

by wrldtravler Written Jan 1, 2003

Use The Super Shuttle Bus Service if Travelling alone it's around 13$ a ride to the city from SFO and will drop you to your door. You need to head up to the Arrivals floor to catch the shuttle (this is where it will drop off passengers coming from the city to take their flights). Very Frequent every 5 mins.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Getting Around

by keeweechic Updated Dec 26, 2002

Airport Shuttles : are a definite step up from busing it. Rates range from $10 to $20 per person (tickets can be bought from the driver) and it's a door-to-door service.

Taxi : The most expensive - but most convenient - option for getting into town may be your only recourse if your plane lands in the wee hours. Taxis are found outside the terminal's baggage claim area in a zone marked with yellow columns. Be sure to haggle for a flat rate.

• AR76's Profile Photo

From airport to downtown SFO

by AR76 Written Oct 13, 2002

Rather than spending your bucks on a taxi ride, take the bus! It may take you a bit longer to get to Downtown, but it costs a mere USD3.00 oneway. Buses depart regularly, just outside the arrivals building. Ask an airport representative which busstop you have to go to (I wasted 20mins waiting at the wrong stop...).

Instant Answers: San Francisco

Comments

View all San Francisco hotels