Know about this? Rate It!
Play with technology - The Tech Museum
The Tech Museum of Innovation is not really a "must see" activity. I think it is a little off the charts for a normal itinerary to the Bay Area.
But if you have an afternoon to spend downtown and nothing to d - the Tech is cool.
Right down town in the center of the city.
Has history of innovation plus a lot of hand on displays to play with.
Pretty cool, especially if everything is working.
Rosicrucian Park and Egyptian Museum
The Rosicrucian Order is a philosophical fraternal organization with its North American headquarters at Rosicrucian Park in San Jose. This park and associated facilities was founded in 1927, and it includes the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, the 5th Planetarium built in the US, the Rosicrucian Peace Garden, Rosicrucian Research Library, Grand Temple, Administration Building, and Fountain Plaza and Gardens.
We stopped by for about thirty minutes one afternoon and just wandered through the park. We enjoyed the obelisk, the sphinxes, and the pharaohs, and we were intrigued by the tomb of one of the founders and the statue of one of the Roman Caesars near the planetarium. All in all it was intriguing but unusual.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
San Jose Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Irungattukottai Hotels
- Maribaya Hotels
- Hacienda San Jose Hotels
- Vico Equense
- Dyfed Hotels
- Baltimore Off The Beaten Path
- Wales Off The Beaten Path
- Cantone Ticino Off The Beaten Path
- Fort Lauderdale Off The Beaten Path
- Trapani Off The Beaten Path
- Rocky Mountain House Off The Beaten Path
- Linea verde
- Sentul Off The Beaten Path
- Daylesford Off The Beaten Path
- Ashgabat Off The Beaten Path
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park Off The Beaten Path
- Inle Lake Off The Beaten Path