Know about this?
Alum Rock, East San Jose
The area between Story, King and Capitol
This is among the roughest area of town...not a good place to hang out as tourist at night.
San Jose is among the safest cities in the US but if you look for bad spots, you will find them !
For details on crime rate see web site below:
Safe town, but always be on the look out.
San Jose has for years been listed by the FBI as one of the safest large cities in America. But as in any place, it's always best to be on the look out just in case.
For the most part, much of the city is safe. However at night, there are some rough neighborhoods around the Alum Rock and Cambrian Park areas which should be avoided. Also be aware of downtown after a Sharks game, as the area can get flooded with people and cars, all trying to go home.
If you have any unlikely problems, contact the San Jose Police Department or the Santa Clara County Sheriffs Department. If you have any emergency, always contact 911
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
San Jose Travel Guide
Explore the World
- La Perouse Hotels
- Lake Charles Hotels
- Onne Hotels
- Soap Lake Hotels
- Melilla Warnings and Dangers
- Middle East Warnings and Dangers
- Kyoto Warnings and Dangers
- Noosa Heads Warnings and Dangers
- Senegal Warnings and Dangers
- Amritsar Warnings and Dangers
- Girraween National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Salt Lake City Warnings and Dangers
- Neighborhood Watch
- Kunming Warnings and Dangers