San Juan Bautista Restaurants

by Lhenne1
  • Restaurants
    by pearletxea
  • Building where Taste of Europe is located
    Building where Taste of Europe is...
    by atufft

Best Rated Restaurants in San Juan Bautista

• atufft's Profile Photo

A Taste of Europe: To go coffee and chocolate desserts

by atufft Written Nov 26, 2005

Building where Taste of Europe is located

We were there during the grand opening of this tiny San Juan Bautista coffeehouse. The theme is mainly Spanish, and one can find Spanish chocolates, marzapan, and turron de Jijona. The choice of coffees and teas is fairly wide, and blended ice coffee is available. The choice of cheese cakes, crema Catalana, ice creams, and other deserts is also quite good for such a tiny shop. The antique style makes for a pleasant place to sit down, although the proprietors will package your food to do.

Favorite Dish: I had a chocolate cheesecake of some kind that was sinfully rich. The iced coffee was a great pick-me-up equal to the best at Starbucks. Due to its rarity, I'd normally buy a box of turron, but we passed on that last occasion there.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Jardines de San Juan Restaurant

by Ewingjr98 Written Sep 7, 2007

Jardines de San Juan entrance

This fantastic restaurant in an old theater opened in 1977 and has been owned by the same family ever since. We arrived one hot summer afternoon just for drinks, and were very impressed with the beautiful outdoor setting, tasty drinks, and the large crowds that began to gather early on a Saturday evening. We shared a pitcher of margaritas (about $16 for maybe six small glasses of tasty blended strawberry) and the complimentary chips with two kinds of salsas. I would definitely come back here for dinner on my next visit to San Juan Bautista.

• Lhenne1's Profile Photo

Jardines de San Juan Restaurant: Cool off on a sunny afternoon

by Lhenne1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

What is the best thing on a hot summer afternoon? A large glass of water and a pitcher of margaritas! We stopped in at Jardines de San Juan, a Mexican restaurant we noticed tucked off the main street. The heat had killed our appetites so we just enjoyed drinks with complimentary chips and homemade salsas. The dinner crowd began to arrive and watching the food go by nearly changed our minds. This is a definite stop for a full meal on our next trip!

The pitcher of blended strawberry margaritas came to about $16 and was a little bit more than could fill 4 glasses. We peeked at the menu and dinner entrees were reasonable priced with a wide variety of selections.

• Matxain Etxea: Best Basque Restaurant

by pearletxea Written Oct 18, 2007

I went to this restaurant to celebrate my birthday and I had the most wonderful experience. the food was excellent. My friends and I decided to have the traditional tapas and pintxos (appetizers). Then we had paella and other chef's specials so we could share and try more plates. Their lamb was the best lamb I've had in all my life and the prices were very reasonable. The atmosphere was very cozy and the owners are there all the time. they make you feel like you are in their home. You get great service; --they even gave me a birthday cake and a wine in the traditional "bota”. The house wine is really good and a very good price. My husband and I will celebrate our anniversary soon and definitely we will go there to celebrate.

Favorite Dish: The Lamb Shank

Instant Answers: San Juan Bautista

Comments

San Juan Bautista Restaurants

Reviews and photos of San Juan Bautista restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Juan Bautista sightseeing.

View all San Juan Bautista hotels