Sarduccis Capistrano Depot, San Juan Capistrano

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Sarducci's Capistrano Depot: At The Depot

by lmkluque Updated Feb 20, 2012

Sarducci

Sarducci's was the first restaurant I saw getting off the train. Now this is the place I'd choose for the evening meal. It was lovely and the fountain in the patio gave it the feel of a desert oasis that would be a wonderful bonus on a hot summer evening. They offer a Mystery Dinner Theater, "Murder by the Mission" and I'd like to check that out too.

However, my darliing grand daughter chose another place so I didn't have the opportunity of checking this one out. I'm mentioning it here to give you the chance I didn't have of knowing about it ahead of arriving.

Favorite Dish: Can't suggest a dish at the moment, but when I have the chance to eat here, I'll let you know what I think.

If you have eaten here feel free to let me know what you think of the food and service.

• Wine Tasting
    • Business Travel

• keida84's Profile Photo

Sarducci's Capistrano Depot: Historic Train Depot Is Now A Restaurant

by keida84 Written Apr 15, 2005

On a lovely spring day in San Juan Capistrano we sat outside on the patio of this converted train depot. Some of the trees on the property are over 100 years old.

Sarducci's has left some of the "flavor" of the train depot incorporating it into their decor. On the walls throughout the restaurant are works of arts made by local artisans.

Sarducci's is right next to the train tracks and is convenient for a quick bite prior to catching a train.

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken fingers which were generous portions of chicken breasts with horseradish and marinara for dipping. The peach ice tea has a very nice flavor.

The Greek Gyros was also tasty but unfortunately I could not eat the pasta salad as it was ladened with mushrooms and I am allergic to mushrooms. Too bad because it looked good.

• Business Travel
    • Trains

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Sarducci's Capistrano Depot: All aboard for lunch!

by 807Wheaton Updated Mar 30, 2005

Sarducci's Capistrano Depot

Sarducci's is an old train depot that has been converted into a restaurant. The inside still has rooms that were part of the train station. You can eat in the ticket room if you wish! We ate outside on the courtyard patio near the fountain. There were birds taking a bath in the fountain while we were there eating and most of the diners enjoyed the splashes they received from their feathered friends.

Favorite Dish: Their french fries are great! We split a sandwich because it was so generous. We thought the meal there was excellent. Our servers were friendly and we discovered that one of the servers had lived in our hometown for a while when he was young.
    It also seemed like a good "people watching" place.

• Goner's Profile Photo

Sardocci's Depot: Italian Food with White Table Cloths

by Goner Updated Jun 28, 2003

Sarducci's Restaurant

The Capistrano Depot is now home to Sarducci's, a town favorite offering excellent cuisine in the most beautiful of historic setting, Sarducci's gives diners a choice of outside patio dining or an inside fireside table. Brick archways and an incredible art gallery add to the wonderful ambiance of this restaurant. The locals say the food is great and affordable.

Favorite Dish: We didn't eat here, but heard from the locals it's the town's favorite.

• Museum Visits
    • Architecture

Instant Answers: San Juan Capistrano

Comments

Hotels Near Sarduccis Capistrano Depot
3.5 out of 5 stars