San Luis Obispo Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by afrumes
    Frank's Famous Hot Dogs
    by tvdandy
    west end expresso and tea.
    by tvdandy

Best Rated Restaurants in San Luis Obispo

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

Fresh Choice: Similar to Souplantation or Sweet Tomatoes

by mht_in_la Written Nov 30, 2004

There's a restaurant in San Luis Obispo called "Fresh Choice". I had never heard of it before. It looked like Souplantation (southern CA) or Sweet Tomatoes (norther CA) restaurant chains. I was hungry so I tried their buffet. Lots of veggies, salads, soups, and pasta. Not a lot of meat though (but it's not vegeratian.) It's slightly more expensive than Souplantation in southern CA.

• Big Sky: Beignets: Bad. Otherwise, good.

by Redhairedfreak Written Mar 13, 2005

Maureen, I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you about the beignets at Big Sky. I ordered them once - never again. Dry, heavy, hard, and flavorless. I rarely waste food once served, but I left these on the plate. Beignets need to be moist and puffy.

That said, I've enjoyed just about everything else I've ever ordered here. I came in by accident the first time, because Tio Alberto's (next door, great stuff) was inexplicably closed on a Saturday afternoon. I lazily parked on the curb in front of Tio Alberto's - big mistake, $30 ticket. Those were the most expensive bad beignets ever. Use the parking lot across the street.

• Louisa's: Best breakfast place in SLO

by asarumqueen Written May 28, 2004

Louisa's Place

Great food with local atmosphere. Very small and cozy- be prepared to eat at the counter if it is busy.

Favorite Dish: Spanish omlette. Just the right amount of spicy salsa.

Instant Answers: San Luis Obispo

Comments

San Luis Obispo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of San Luis Obispo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Luis Obispo sightseeing.

View all San Luis Obispo hotels