San Luis Obispo Shopping

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

HANDS GALLERY: ARTISTRY IN MOTION

by travelgourmet Written Mar 24, 2009

WE HAVE ARRIVED WITH A SHOW OF HANDS

My wife and I have been browsing Hands Gallery since they opened for business some 14 years ago, while our son was attending Cal Poly. We would visit the university and our son now and then to keep an eye on him and because we missed him. We also would visit Hands Gallery because we wanted to keep an eye on them and their eye for great works of art which they would sell at their boutique. We also missed visiting the gallery. So, visiting SLO was not only a family thing, it also was a fun shopping thing.

The gallery has many different styles of art work in small statues to large pieces of furniture. Hand made Jewelry is a great find here and from local artists. Glass art vases and other glass objects such as our salt and pepper shakers are true finds. Many one of a kind pieces are available at HANDS GALLERY.

What to buy: If you have not seen the furnishings of "Sticks", then you are in for a whimsical treat of art and craftsmanship at Hands Gallery. My wife and I find the "Sticks" line not just whimsical but practical as well. We have a bench which is in our family room that can sit two very comfortably and a lazy susan (the platter, not my wife, Sue) for serving our guests cheese and crackers to go with wine we enjoy pouring, both pieces have topical sayings carved into them and painted in fun colors.

What to pay: Prices range the spectrum, depending on what you desire. As little as under $10 to highs in the $1000's. Something for everyone can be found here.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• Viajara's Profile Photo

Porch, Home, & Garden: Lovely Things for the Home!

by Viajara Written Aug 25, 2003

Where to begin? So many beautiful things for the living room, dining room, and garden. The day I visited they were setting up displays and unpacking boxes. It was a little chaotic. However, I would go back there in a heartbeat and shop at a more leisurely pace.

What to buy: This is a great place to buy a gift or something unique for the home.

What to pay: Some items were expensive and others were a steal.

• Decades: Vintage

by amariecslo Written Jun 10, 2007

This shop is the ideal Vintage shop, located on Higuera St. It has an eclectic collection of odd clothes, hats, belts. Shoes, however, are on an entirely different level. They have a huge wall dedicated to their shoes... of all kinds. Lots of Vans and Chuck Taylor's, and so much more. They also have toys that range from The Simpsons to the ever-popular Nightmare Before Christmas figurines.

What to buy: If you're looking for a gag gift, this is a great place to look.

What to pay: It's probably in the median price range. Don't pay more than $50 for shoes.

• Study Abroad
    • Women's Travel

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Ross: clothes discount store

by GUYON Written Aug 28, 2004

The bargain

Ross is a chain discount store providing to a very low price clothes and footware with brand.

My wife regret to have bought only one pant. It was a bargain!

Instant Answers: San Luis Obispo

Comments

San Luis Obispo Shopping

Reviews and photos of San Luis Obispo shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Luis Obispo sightseeing.

View all San Luis Obispo hotels