Red Boy Pizza, San Rafael

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Red Boy Pizza: Pizza Kings of Marin

by cjg1 Updated Oct 4, 2006

Pic by Wayne

First off, this place rocks. I dont make travelogue for nothing. Best pizza I have had west of the hills. Set up with sidewalk seating this was a truly wonderful way to spend the evening with Mark, Jess, Jackie and Wayne.

Favorite Dish: We tried two creations. BBQ chicken and the Devils Dare. I can't tell you much about the Devil's Dare as they thankfully lightweighted it for me. I don't do super suicidal spicey. But others on VT here can. That said I had two slices of the one we ordered and it was extremely good.

• Beer Tasting

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

Red Boy Pizza: My favorite pizza place in Marin

by jessicadf Updated Jul 29, 2003

Photo: wallacephoto

Not terribly gorgeous decor inside, though they do have a lovely patio seating area, where you can watch the world go by. One of only three places that I can think of on 4th Street that has patio seating, in fact.

The pizza... wow. It's just the best in Marin. While Red Boy is a small chain, this is the original location and is definitely the best.

Sourdough crust, a tangy taste of wine in the red sauce... the crust is chewy, but not too chewy. It's one of the pizzas where you really DO want to eat the crust.

Favorite Dish: Devil's Dare pizza. A basic pepperoni pizza but with diced jalapeno peppers on top and chili pepper in the sauce. They'll ask you how hot you want it on a scale of 1 to 10. I've said 7 on several ocassions, and it's simply proven that the number is subjective. Last time it was hot enough to upset my friend's stomach. The time before, however, it was a lip numbing pleasantness. The kind of pizza that makes you say, "Phew! That's hot! Is there anymore left? Pass the beer!"

Instant Answers: San Rafael