San Rafael Sports & Outdoors

China Camp State Park
    by karenincalifornia
  • Watch for this guy - maybe could be famous?
    Watch for this guy - maybe could be...
    by karenincalifornia
  • Sports & Outdoors
    by jessicadf

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in San Rafael

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

I love my gym

by jessicadf Updated Apr 4, 2011

Nautilus of Marin is in the heart of downtown San Rafael. It's a great gym with not only plenty of weight training and cardio equipment, but a WIIIIDE array of classes from martial arts to yoga. From pilates to Fencing.

Equipment: Workout Equipment includes:

And more...

Stand up Paddle (SUP) at China Camp

by karenincalifornia Updated Mar 2, 2011

China Camp State Park

China Camp State Park is an excellent spot for launching a stand up paddleboard into San Pablo Bay, which is in the northern part of San Francisco Bay. The beach is a very easy launch. From there, one can paddle south to San Rafael, or north to Novato. Along the way are scenic cliffs and marshes. Many species of birds hang out here. I"ve even seen harbor seals and jumping sturgeon in the famed Sturgeon Triangle (nearly knocked me off my board).

• Kayaking
    • Water Sports

San Geronimo Golf Course

by karenincalifornia Written Apr 19, 2004

Watch for this guy - maybe could be famous?

San Geronimo GC isn't right IN San Rafael, but I'm too lazy to do a separate page on the tiny Marin town of San Geronimo. We're close enough, anyway...

San Geronimo is a fairly challenging (rating/slope 73.8/135 from tourney tees) 18 hole golf course nestled in a small heavily wooded valley between San Rafael and the coast. When I play here, I feel as if I am on vacation. I will never take for granted that this beautiful golf course is in my backyard.

This is my teenage son in this picture. He has been playing since he was 7 years old and he has a golf swing to die for. Yesterday, he pounded a 300 yard drive. That's my boy!

Equipment: Golf clubs would be nice

• Golf

Golf, anyone?

by karenincalifornia Written Dec 16, 2003

Golf course at Marin County Club

Marin golf courses are challenging, scenic, and often uncrowded.

Equipment: Favorite regulation 18 hole courses: San Geronimo (Geronimo) and Indian Valley (Novato)

Most challenging course: Stonetree (Novato)

Favorite 9 hole course: Mill Valley

Favorite driving ranges: Peacock Gap (San Rafael) and McInnis Park (San Rafael)

• Golf

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

Hula is GREAT exercise!

by jessicadf Written Jul 30, 2003

Great for the hips and the waist, I'd have to say. I need my nephew to teach me the trick to this... he was amazingly good. Is it the little boy (lack of) hips? Wow!

Equipment: A $1.99 hula hoop will do.

Instant Answers: San Rafael

Comments

San Rafael Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of San Rafael sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Rafael sightseeing.