Santa Barbara Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Santa Barbara

• HELEN's Profile Photo

Joe's Cafe: Stiffest Drinks in Town

by HELEN Updated Feb 26, 2013

Joe's is actually a restaurant, but I've never eaten here. It's a great place to start your night when going Downtown. They have the stiffest drinks in town and are very inexpensive. Frankie, the legendary bartender who's been there forever, has been voted the best in Santa Barbara

Dress Code: Dress code? What's that?

• jagheter's Profile Photo

Roy: Roy for late night

by jagheter Written Oct 19, 2012

Roy is a great hang that was only a 1/2 block from our hotel. We walked by this place many times, and finally went in after a concert at the Santa Barbara Bowl. We were hungry and our options at 11:00pm were limited. Resigning to just head back to our hotel, we passed Roy once more and it was hopping - they serve dinner from 6-midnight. We went in, grabbed a couple of seats at the bar and looked over the menu. Certainly not your typical bar snacks. Great sounding salads, pastas and entrees. We ordered a caprese salad, the seafood pasta and a couple of beers. The salad was fresh, if not a little salty, but the pasta was DIVINE. We were practically licking the plate (thank god for bread to sop up every last drop of sauce). The later we stayed, the busier it got, and it was a pretty eclectic crowd, not just the young and loud. :) So glad we finally dropped in. Wish we were there a few more nights to try other items on the menu.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

CAFE BUENOS AIRES: MUSIC ONCE FILLED THE NIGHT

by travelgourmet Updated Sep 23, 2011

THE MARTINEZ BROTHERS WITH NORMA LATUCHIE

Like most good things the Cafe Buenos Aires is no more. CLOSED. I leave the review up for my memory of a wonderful and vibriant restaurant that graced the main street of Santa Barbara for 19 years. The location will become a Greek Restaurant, opening sometime in late 2011.

My review of the Cafe is as follows: "The weekends come alive with the sound of music up and down State Street, but the Cafe Buenos Aires has the Argentine menu, the fantastic Mojitos drink down pat, and a canvas covered courtyard with a fountain in the center.

The live music, Latin or South American Smooth Jazz, comes from the courtyard and some brave souls even get up and dance. If the music or Mojitos don't keep you warm, then the overhead heaters will do the trick. Great ambiance, drink variety, tasty food selections, and wonderful music."

• Theater Travel

• EOS Lounge: Best Nightclub in Santa Barbara

by aaronrivers Updated May 2, 2011

EOS Lounge is hands down my favorite nightclub in Santa Barbara. Why? We'll that's easy to answer. They have 2 dance floors with Top40, hip hop, & mashups in the main room & house/electro in the backroom. Anytime I'm in Santa Barbara I make sure I check into EOS because they have the best staff & service. Drinks are a little bit more pricey then other places, but it's worth being in a beautiful Mediterranean themed nightclub then some dive bar paying for cheap drinks. Not to mention everybody around you looks a lot better!

Dress Code: Dress to Impress

• Luxury Travel

SOHO Restaurant & Music Club: SOHO SB

by Cammel11 Updated Apr 4, 2011

SOHO is one of my favorite places to have drinks and see a great show. Through out the week there are several shows ranging from jazz, reggae to rock and roll. It is more of a low key place than many of the other bars down town. It is not one of those bars where the local college students go to take tequila shots. They also have a great menu and friendly staff. Check out the website for details about what band is playing, how much and what time.

Dress Code: Casual

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

SOhO: Something different

by Yaqui Updated Apr 4, 2011

We decided to venture out and we ended up here to eat and to listen to music. It has a very distinct crowd of locals and college students. It was not to loud and we had some pizza which was not bad, not great, but not bad. They had a band going on in a different room with a dancing floor. I just wanted to relax and eat. Casual wear is ok! The service was a little iffy too and the price of the pizza was a little pricey. Yet, not a bad place if you like this sort of thing

Mon-Sun 5:30pm-1pm
    Casual dress
    Variety of Live Music
    Restaurant is open from 5:30-10Pm.

• trvlnurse's Profile Photo

Rocks: Day to night

by trvlnurse Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Rocks

After work drink- dining- or dance
    Rocks offers it all by day it offers a great lunch and happy hour on the outdoor patio and by night enjoy candlelight dinner on the balcony or drinks and dancing.

Dress Code: Casual or Dressy- suit yourself;)

• Music
    • School Holidays

Q's: Billiard club

by Cammel11 Updated Aug 5, 2008

At Q's you can play pool or join everyone on the dance floor. A great place to go dancing! On Tuesday nights they have a popular 80's theme night. On Fridays and Saturdays the club can get very busy and charges a $5-10 cover.

• Women's Travel
    • Gay and Lesbian

TONIC: TONIC

by Cammel11 Written Aug 3, 2008

Tonic is one of the most popular clubs downtown. Every weekend they charge a cover and have a reputation for having long lines to get in. Inside they play top 40 songs and have a large outdoor patio where you can rent a cabana with bottle service. This club has a Los Angeles vibe to it. If you like the clubs in LA you will like it here.

Dress Code: There is no dress code. Everyone dresses nice when they go here.

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Women's Travel

• sandbar: Best Nightclub/Restaurant in town!!!

by ucsbalum08 Written Jun 30, 2008

I have lived in the Santa Barbara for about five years and every time my friends and I head out we go to Sandbar. Not only does Sandbar have beautiful people, but it has the best dancing and drink specials on State Street. Every night has a theme such as College Night or Localize It and the atmosphere and crowd is just amazing. Along with the party side, Sandbar has some of the best Mexican food in town. There enchiladas and taco plates are excellent!!!! I highly recommend this venue for all people.

Dress Code: No dress code

• Music
    • Study Abroad

• Kevross85's Profile Photo

Wildcats lounge: Great night

by Kevross85 Updated Mar 1, 2008

Wildcats is a trendy bar in santa barbara. We went there twice and it had live music on one night and a really good Dj the other night. We had got reccomendad here by a waitress in San Luis Obispo (SLO) but we got told to go due to the fact the waitress' were meant to dance on the bar yet we never saw this either of the times we were there. Although that wasn't there it was a really good bar with a good atmosphere. The waitress' were really good and gave a very good table service for no extra charge which is always good

Dress Code: shirt and shoes at the weekend

• AgentJX's Profile Photo

The Press Room: The Place to go for Soccer

by AgentJX Written Jul 19, 2007

The Press Room located just off of State Street is the place to watch a soccer match. During qualifying rounds for major events (World Cup/Euros) at the very least two games will be on. The place is mostly frequented by England, but the owner and staff are very accommodating to games that you might want to watch. I even was able to pick up a bit of Estonia/Israel recently. The bar is nothing fancy, but is the type of place to watch a game with people who actually care about it.

• spgood301's Profile Photo

Santa Barbara Vintners: Great music, and what a view!

by spgood301 Written Jul 10, 2005

Stearns Wharf Vintners

Actually, I was there during the day, but I hope that's OK. While strolling on Stearns Wharf, I heard this beautiful voice singing jazz standards. After tracing the voice to Santa Barbara Vintners, I had to go in to hear her sing. I wasn't disappointed-she was sooooo good.

This wonderfuly inviting place sells wine by the bottle (remember, you're in "Sideways" country), or other beverages if wine's not your thing. Hang out on the deck, enjoy your drink and the incredible Santa Barbara view, and if you're lucky like me, you'll hear some great music too.

BTW, I didn't get her name, but she fronted a jazz trio-great music, beautiful scenery-you can't go wrong.

• Wine Tasting

• Marisa79's Profile Photo

Joe's: Cheap Drinks at a dive bar!

by Marisa79 Written May 6, 2005

Beware of the creepy guys!

Joe's is a crowded and dirty dive bar, but it's a lot of fun if you go with good friends and like some really strong drinks. And I mean strong - the cocktails are pretty much straight alcohol. The crowd is a mix between drunk frat guys, nostalgic alumni, and beach bum locals like the ones my friend here found.

Dress Code: Casual (flip flops and shorts are fine here!)

• trvlnurse's Profile Photo

400 to 500th block: State Street

by trvlnurse Updated Oct 15, 2003

Within 2 blocks of state street there are dozens of clubs and restaurants to suit most any mood. Some, like Soho, are restaurants by day and night clubs with dance floors and live music by night

Dress Code: Most have some sort of dress code- call ahead or just "dress to impress"

Instant Answers: Santa Barbara

Comments

Santa Barbara Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Santa Barbara nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santa Barbara sightseeing.

View all Santa Barbara hotels