Jeanniee’s Café, Santa Barbara

Asparagus Omelet
  • nkhong's Profile Photo

Jeanniee's Café: Where the Locals go for Breakfast

by nkhong Written Jan 19, 2011

For all-day breakfast or a nice lunch, Jeaniee's cafe is a great choice for a healthy meal. They have a great selection of fresh salads, sandwiches and quiches to choose from. It's very busy during lunch hour, so be prepared to grab any empty table when one comes around. Jeaniee's is good quality food but is pricey. For two breakfasts and drinks expect to pay around $30.

• jennine's bakery: GREAT food

by tlogsmith Written May 17, 2011

Jennine's is one of the best breakfast places I've been in Santa Barbara. So warm and quaint, it's were the locals flock to. On Upper State street, the food never ceases to be grand. A great place to stay, that is really inexpensive is The Sandman Inn (www.thesandmaninn.com). Located RIGHT by Jennine's (breakfast anyone?!) it's a great place to stay if you're traveling on a budget! I always stay there whenever I'm in town visiting family and friends.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Jeanine's Bakery: Great Breakfast Just South of Santa Barbara

by GracesTrips Written May 27, 2008

We were on our way to Monterey when we thought we should stop along the way to have some breakfast. Nearing Santa Barbara we thought of taking any exit to see what we could find. And, voila! We found this quaint little stretch of town with a hoppin' breakfast place. Upon entering the little place where you can dine inside or out, the concept of a typical restaurant wasn't happening here.
    You have to decide what you want before getting seated. Order and pay for your food and drink and you're given a number. You find a place to sit down and they bring your order to you.

Favorite Dish: Upon a regular customer's recommendation, I ordered the banana french toastfor $10.95. He said it was the restaurant's specialty and what then are known for. I, normally, do not like to eat too much of a sweet breakfast but my curiosity got the best of me. It was good but too sweet for me and definitely too much food. Couldn't eat the whole thing. My boyfriend ordered the asparagus omelet which came with potatoes and a biscuit for $12.95. He let me have a bite and it was very yummy! I definitely would recommend to anyone that they should try this place out. The pastries looked great but didn'[t have a good enough reason to buy one since we just had breakfast.

Instant Answers: Santa Barbara

Comments

View all Santa Barbara hotels