Places to eat in Santa Barbara

Most Viewed Restaurants in Santa Barbara

• davesut's Profile Photo

Chicagi Ribs and More: Chicago Ribs and More @ Ventura

by davesut Written Feb 25, 2014

Whilst in Ventura we stopped for evening dinner at Chicago Ribs and More. I felt that I must try the speciality and I can say - great ribs here. We enjoyed the atmosphere and service was very good, would recommend. LArge portions I seem to remember so you could get some to share.

Favorite Dish: Ribs man

• davesut's Profile Photo

ELadio's: On the sea front

by davesut Written Feb 24, 2014

After an afternoon on the beach, a walk along the boardwalk and a quick foray into the shops on State Street we headed back to the sea front area to Eladio's restaurant. There was inside and outside dining available a;though we chose inside. I remember ordering steak here, very nice it was too. The staff were excellent, we received very good service, recommended. The other restaurants close to the beach were a tad less classy, a take-away style. One note is that we would have been out of place in beachwear here.

Pascucci: Always Satisfying

by HELEN Updated Feb 26, 2013

This was one of my favorite restaurants in Santa Barbara when I went to school there. Now, every time I visit Santa Barbara, I try to eat there, and I've not yet been disappointed. The restaurant has beautiful dining rooms, with private nooks and elegant decorations. The menu has a wide selection, and one can easily switch sides and sauces. The cheese bread you get at the table is delicious. They don't take reservations, and the wait can get to be pretty long depending on the time, but it's worth the wait in my opinion. Since it's located in the heart of State street, you can walk around and go in to some shops while waiting. Or, there are comfortable couches that you can sit at while you wait. The decor of this place is very cute and inviting, and the staff is very friendly.

Favorite Dish: Even though they have a very extensive menu, I always go for my favorite, the Insalata Pascucci.

Pascucci patio

The Sandbar: The SandBar

by HELEN Updated Feb 26, 2013

It looks like it could be a really fun place for drinks and to go to at night, but definitely not for their food. We went there for lunch and of the five of us, not one was happy with their meal It was very below average. The atmosphere was good, but the service was pretty bad. Not only was our waitress super slow, but she also could care less when we told her that one of us bit on a large bone in her chicken taco and almost chipped her tooth

Favorite Dish: The guacamole was pretty good, but I didn't care much for the queso. If ordering a salad, I would ask for dressing on the side, unless all you want to taste is dressing.

The Brown Pelican: The Brown Pelican

by HELEN Updated Feb 26, 2013

This restaurant is located right on the Beach. If you preffer to eat outside, they have a large outdoor patio. Inside, they have a large glass window overlooking the ocean. So, no matter where you are you have the view of the Pacific ocean. The food is really good, but is a little pricey. It's great for brunch.

Favorite Dish: If you like smoked salmon and poached eggs, try the Pelican Benedict. You won't be disappointed.

Outside patio

Longboards Grill: Restaurant with a View

by HELEN Written Feb 26, 2013

Longboards is one of my favorite places to go to on a beautiful sunny day. It's in a great location, sitting on Stearns Wharf overlooking the Harbor. It's a seat yourself kind of a place. I would recommend the large outdoor patio. Grab a handful of peanuts, order a drink and soak in the surroundings while figuring out what to order. The sign on the wall encourages you to drop the shells on the floor.

Favorite Dish: Salads and sandwiches are all pretty good. They also have a variety of delishes cocktails.

The Santa Barbara Brewhouse: Good Brewpub

by WulfstanTraveller Written Nov 4, 2012

Unlike the Santa Barbara Brewing Co. downtown, in my opinion a flashy but mediocre place with some fairly good food but horrible beer, the Brewhouse, on the other side of Hwy 101/Hwy 1 (to the SE, towards the ocean), is a very good pub better for those who are more interested in enjoying good food and good beer.

The beer is hardly outstanding, but it is very good, with a nice range and some guest beers.

Food is really very good.

Service is good, friendly, and efficient, without the feeling that the servers were chosen primarily for their flashy/hot looks as at the other place.

It also has a good kids' menu.

The worst thing is that it is a bit cramped and can get very loud.

• Beer Tasting

• jagheter's Profile Photo

Mac's Authentic British Fish & Chip Shop: Mac's: didn't live up to expectations

by jagheter Written Oct 19, 2012

We were determined to try Mac's based on online reviews that it was the best fish & chips in Santa Barbara. This was a place I wanted to like, but can't. The food doesn't live up to the hype. Everything was pretty bland, especially the curry sauce we got for our fries. The mushy peas were too salty. The chips were a bit soggy.

The atmosphere is similar to a fast-food restaurant, where you order and pick up at the counter. The tables are small and high, so you can sit on the bar stools or stand to eat.

Santa Barbara Brewing Co.: Mediocre, flashy brewpub

by WulfstanTraveller Written Dec 9, 2011

This is a brewpub in the heart of downtown on State St. It looks pretty good, in an attractive old building with brick walls, nice windows on the street, etc. However, the beer is not good, being far below mediocre from my experience. The food, though better, is not great, and the service is only decent. The place is also rowdy and full of people who seem to care more about showing off and seeming cool than actually trying good beer and food.

• Beer Tasting

Rose Cafe: Very good simple Mexican food

by WulfstanTraveller Written Dec 8, 2011

this is an old, long-time Mexican restaurant in town. Apparently, there is a fancier second one ikn another area, but this review is for the old one on E Haley St near downtown. It is simple inside, with an old diner feel, and the menu selection is fairly straightfoward, as are the dishes. However, the food is very good, enjoyable, well-prepared old American-Mexican food.

Favorite Dish: Crispy chicken tacos, beans, etc., are great.

http://www.andersenssantabarbara.com/: Great Danish-based restaurant & bakery

by WulfstanTraveller Written Dec 7, 2011

This is a great restaurant and bakery serving mostly Danish and Danish-influenced food mixed with a bit of California and American. The food is excellent and the bakery items - danishes, pastries, bread, etc., are phenomenal, being very well made. It has nice patio seating on State St. in the heart of downtown and nice seating inside, as well. It is particularly nice for breakfast.

Brophy Bros. Restaurant & Clam Bar: Nice views~

by Yaqui Written Nov 27, 2011

I have mixed feeling about his place. I am not a fan of seafood, although I do try some from now and then. We ate here to spend some time with my best friends sister and brother-in-law, which are a very lovely couple btw. We came here late, around 7PM and ended up waiting about an hour to get a table. We strolled around the harbor and that was nice. We were able to sit outside luckly on the outside deck, which made me happy because it was warm to me(mountain girl) and we had a lovely view of the harbor. Yet, it was still noisy. When we walked thru the restaurant the noise inside was aweful and the tables were packed in like sardines-literally:( My best friend didn't much like her seafood dish at all or having to wait either. I didn't have any of the seafood, but settle on a hamburger, which was really good. I enjoyed it and couldn't finish it because it was huge. This place seems to be a favorite of locals. It has a little bar downstairs and a store next door, if you don't want to eat here. Upstairs is the restaurant.

McConnell's Ice Cream~: Local Favorite~

by Yaqui Written Nov 27, 2011

My best friend loves this place. She thinks this is the best place for ice cream. I haven't found a place that didn't have good ice cream..lol! Yet, if she loves it, I love it! As you can see from the photo's I took, the line was out the door. It is in a nieghborhood with not any other stores near it, which makes it unique. Locals love this place!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Fish House~: Great chowder!

by Yaqui Updated Nov 27, 2011

We used our ticket from the Trolley tour and took it here and received a free cup of New England clam chowder ($3.50) it was really good. Had a nice cup of coffee and just relaxed near the patio area next the window that overlooked the ocean. It was very nice and the service was friendly. We made the most of our little meal of clam chowder and once done headed out to more sightseeing. Nice place, with lots of sea going charm!

Hours Mon-Sun 11:30pm-3pm opens again at 5pm-9pm
    Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5-7
    Open daily for lunch and dinner
    Patio seating by open fire pit

Zelo Restaurant: Closed:(

by Yaqui Updated Nov 27, 2011

Update, this restaurant is now closed:(

We were strolling along and couldn’t decide where to eat and we came upon this place. It looked very quiet, so we ventured in. Of course the building is on State Street which makes it very old. The old brick was exposed and it was nicely decorated with old wood and the lighting was dim colored lights which gave it a nice ambiance. The service was good and I think I had some nicely grilled chicken in mushrooms and it came with mashed potatoes and some really yummy vegetables. I think with both our meals and one drink it was around $35 with tip. It was very quiet that night, so no music was going on then.

Hours: Sun-Thu 5:30pm-9:30pm,

Presidio Motel
Lemon Tree Inn
Latest: Jul 5, 2014

Instant Answers: Santa Barbara

Comments

Santa Barbara Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Santa Barbara locals.
Map of Santa Barbara