Santa Catalina Island Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Santa Catalina Island

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo

Pancake Cottage: Best Breakfast on the Island by far!!!

by RedEaredPanda Written Mar 27, 2004

Entrance

Never ever have I had so much eggs in one go!!! They said it was the best and the biggest breakfast but boy were they right on the money.. We were greeted in by a middle aged nicely manner hostess who sat us down... It's a little cozy room with walls covered with frames of pictures telling the story of catalina island.. It's wonderful looking at the pictures and the old days on the island while you're waiting for your breakfast to come.. The menue is a couple of pages but the portions are BIG.. We asked for the 10 eggs for 2 persons omelet to share inbetween us but believe me, five people could have left that dish with full stomachs.. It was extremely BIG and tasted great.. A must if you are to walk and hike the island all day long to load up on some calories early in the morning.. They are open from 6:30 am to 1:30 pm. Don't forget to take your appetite with you as you go to pancake cottage.. They also serve great pancakes and waffles for breakfast.

Favorite Dish: The Mess Omelet.

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo

Armstrongs Seafood Restaurant: Great Seafood and you can't beat the view

by pigletsmom Updated Apr 4, 2011

Great patio looking over the harbor

Casual seafood restaurant with a great location. Wonderful patio dining right on the water, with a fabulous view of the casino. Very romantic at nightime. The food is very good.
    Lots of grilled fish, oysters and clams, and great seafood
    pasta dishes. I love their cole slaw.

• Seniors

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo

The Blue Parrot: Cozy Family Restaurant

by pigletsmom Updated Feb 22, 2004

The cozy Blue Parrot

Very casual and very cozy seafood restaurant located on the 2nd floor of an old building. There are views of the ocean and casino which is nice. They give you a lot of food and the lunch menu is very inexepensive. You can eat under $10 for lunch,
    a little more than that for dinner.This place is good for families with children, it's very laid back and it's rather cheap for Avalon standards.

Favorite Dish: Fish Tacos and their cole slaw. They also have burgers, grilled chicken, and lots of desserts.

• Goner's Profile Photo

The Landing Bar & Grill: Try the Seafood Pasta

by Goner Updated Dec 21, 2003

The Landing Restaurant

The Landing Bar & Grill gets a "A" for the view and another for the great seafood pasta. Get there early for dinner and ask for a table by the fire.

Prices for dinner range from $10.50 for the pasta and up to $21 for filet mignon - all are worth the money in my book.

Lunches range from $6.25 - $10.50 and this covers a variety of salads, gourmet pizzas and sandwiches.

Favorite Dish: For fun, try the Catalina Ale, they wouldn't say if it was made on Catalina or not.

I thought the seafood pasta was exceptional.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Water Sports

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Joe's Place: Good Breakfast!

by GracesTrips Updated Jun 14, 2006

Right on Main Street. I had an interesting breakfast. I thought it was suppose to be an omelet but it was a scramble of eggs, bell peppers, cheese and tortilla chips served with salsa and potatoes. The tortilla chips in the scramble were really good!

Country Club Restaurant: Upscale Dining Experience

by GracesTrips Written Jun 14, 2006

Very Elegant. You can dine inside or outside (depending on the weather). A great view from inside the restaurant overlooking the harbor. Harald had the wild boar (sounds exotic but basically it tastes like pork) and I had the filet mignon. We ordered the roasted duck appetizer which we shared. We were allowed to bring our own bottle of wine (corking fee was applicable). Service was good and the ambience was wonderful!

Channel House Restaurant: Not bad, not great

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 4, 2011

Filet Mignon

I suppose I expected more. The first night we had dinner last year in Catalina, we ate here. The dinner we order at that time was okay, not great. I didn't realize that this was the same place until we walked in. I wanted to make reservations at the Country Club restaurant but they had a special wine dinner with set meal. My boyfriend isn't good with not being able to choose what he would like to eat and my daughter and her boyfriend are not old enough yet to drink wine. So, I made reservations at the Channel House. This time I ordered the Filet Mignon. A bit expensive but it was good. My boyfriend had the rack of lamb. He said it was okay. The kids had the shrimp scampi and they didn't say much. You can dine inside or outside. So, I don't know that I would recommend dinner here but it wasn't bad.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

C. C. Gallagher: Latte and Scrumptious Dessert!

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 4, 2011

dessert case

This appears to be a gift store but the surprise is inside. There is no Starbuck's on the island but this comes pretty close to it. You can get your latte fix and a gourmet dessert to boost. My boyfriend and I had coffee and dessert for breakfast. It's not cheap, the bill came to $22. But I thoroughly enjoyed it! The gift store part of the store has some wonderful wares for sale. From books to perfume to serving dishes to wine to purses, etc. This is one of my favorite places to go to!

Favorite Dish: Fresh fruit tart was just great! The raspberries were flavorful and just a tad of dark chocolate lined the bottom of the crust beneath the creamy custard. My boyfriend had a slice of Blackout chocolate cake. It was very rich. They also have a variety of regular pastries and croissant sandwiches, cheese wedges to have with wine and granola fruit cups. They also have frappacinos.

• Luxury Travel

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Antonio's Pizzeria: Good Pizza!

by GracesTrips Updated Nov 1, 2007

Food was suprisingly good. I just wanted one slice of pizza. You can't have just a slice if you dine inside. If you order outside, you can. Inside, the place is decorated with very old 8X10 photos of 50's and 60's movie stars. Lots of old memorabilia like beer signs and mounted buffalo head.

There's two of them in town. One on 230 Crescent Avenue. Their phone number is 310.510.0008. We ate at the one on Sumner.

Favorite Dish: Pizza

The Pancake Cottage: Another Great Breakfast place

by GracesTrips Written Oct 22, 2007

They serve breakfast until 3 pm. I woke up with a hangover and a traditional breakfast didn't sound good. So, I ordered the lox served on bagel with cream cheese. I substituted the potatoes for cottage cheese. Lettuce, tomato and onion (I didn't have the onions) along with the meal. It was very good.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Cold Stone Creamery: I Scream, U Scream for Ice Cream!

by GracesTrips Written Oct 23, 2007

There is no Starbucks on Avalon but they have a Cold Stone! If you haven't tried, you should. They take your favorite flavor(s) of ice cream and mash in nuts, candies, fruit, cake, whatever you like. It's pretty good. I prefer gelato but this is pretty good, too!

• megsmel's Profile Photo

The Channel House: Great steak and seafood!

by megsmel Updated Apr 4, 2011

It's basically a steak and seafood joint with a piano bar. They serve locally caught fish such as sand dabs and swordfish, as well as basic meat dishes. The service is great and the owner is usually at the restaurant every night. You can sit inside and enjoy the piano player or sit outside and watch the people walk by. They have a beautiful bar and serve stiff drinks.

Favorite Dish: It's hard to pick my favorite dish. All of their fish is good, but I especially like their sand dabs (which is a mild flaky fish, a flounder). They lightly bread them with butter and lemon. I always get a twice baked potato. Yummy! If you don't like fish then their Island Chicken is really good. It's served with a kind of teriyaki sauce with mandarin orange slices. If you are there for lunch then I recommend the clam chowder in a bread bowl, especially on a cold day.

• smo001100's Profile Photo

Harbor Reef Saloon: If youre too lazy to cook yourself.....

by smo001100 Written Sep 1, 2004

The food was actually really good. If youre too lazy to cook your own food at the campsite, head down here for a quick meal! There is a large patio too you can relax on...and they also make really good cocktails!

• atufft's Profile Photo

Lobster Trap: Locally Caught Seafood

by atufft Updated Apr 11, 2012

Lobster Trap Restaurant, Catalina Island, CA

The local food here is seafood, although my host frequently prefers a steak--also widely available on the island. Fortunately, the Lobster Trap has a diverse menu for locals in a sports bar atmosphere. The restaurant is located on the corner of 3rd and Catalina Ave, a block off the beach, and so it's not generally crowded with tourists wanting a view of the ocean. But, as the website claims, the food is the town's best deal, particularly for it's fish which is locally caught by the owner! There are some really great dinner plates, but I was stunned by the crafted Yellowtail sandwich that I ordered. Sorry no photo of the food, as at the time we were just getting introduced to each other after the ferry boat ride. Don't miss this place. It's authentic Avalon hometown food. There are pool tables and darts for those wanting sports bar entertainment, so this is also a great place to rub elbows with those service workers who know most about the island.

Favorite Dish: Take your pick. Avalon residents have a sophisticated palate, but there's also hamburgers and chicken with pasta. The beer and wine list is excellent, and cheap in price. Ask about the fresh catch and go from there. My avocado and yellowtail sandwich was served on a sourdough kaiser bun, and was outstanding. Also, the service here is equally outstanding. The is one of the least expensive places in town too.

• Beer Tasting

• Joe's: they add 25%tip!

by oregonrose Written Aug 12, 2010

while the menu on the window show reasonable prices, dont be fooled. we took 8 of us in for a quick bite before starting our day on the island - seated right away, food came quickly with drinks in paper cups. Service was typical diner type, no refills or checking in on us ( not expected in a diner setting) we were shocked when the tip bill had a 25% tip! dont mind 15, or 18% added for a group and almost always tip 20% but 25? they were rude and unapologetic.

Instant Answers: Santa Catalina Island

Comments

Santa Catalina Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Santa Catalina Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santa Catalina Island sightseeing.

View all Santa Catalina Island hotels