Santa Catalina Island Warnings and Dangers

Cruisin' around in style!
    by krizt

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Santa Catalina Island

• krizt's Profile Photo

Crazy drivers!

by krizt Written Jun 16, 2003

Cruisin' around in style!

If you rent a golf cart to drive around in, watch out for the locals! Most of them drive golf carts, too and some drive small cars or trucks- No matter what they're driving- look out! They are on a mission and they will run your a$$ off the road!

• Seat belts in the "Inland Tour" vehicles?

by gmaarnold10 Written Aug 5, 2007

I brought my daughter and her four children to Catalina last year. The children 11, 7, and 5 year old twins.

We checked in at "Discovery Tours" and bought tickets for the "Inland Motor Tour".

We had been on the tour for awhile. All of a sudden, the driver of the vehicle that we were in started driving at an unsafe speed towards the Catalina airport. He hit a large hole in the dirt road and my five year old granddaughter was thrown up and over her seat and landed in the back of the bus. She was upside down in the metal "Emergency Exit” stairwell in a pool of blood. She had a deep gash above her left eyebrow that was more than an inch long. We kept pressure on her wound, and after we arrived at the airport, we asked that she be “Life-Flighted” to Long Beach. We could not stop the bleeding. No one in charge, would call for help. All we were told was that a van was at the airport and the driver would take my daughter and granddaughter to the "hospital" in Avalon. Lauren received sub-standard care by the "physician" that RESENTED being called, to stitch the gaping wound on Lauren’s forehead.

I sent my photos and a letter to "Discovery Tours" and never heard back from them. My daughter was sent an exorbitant bill ...and never received an apology from any person involved.

HOLD ON TO YOUR CHILDREN WHILE ON THE “INLAND TOUR”, if they have not yet installed seat belts in their vehicles.

Instant Answers: Santa Catalina Island

Comments

Santa Catalina Island Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Santa Catalina Island warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Santa Catalina Island sightseeing.

View all Santa Catalina Island hotels