William S. Hart Park & Museum
William S. Hart was a famous silent film star of the early 1900's. When he retired he moved to Newhall and built his home the "La Loma de los Vientos" (the Hill of the Winds). It is now a museum and contains original furnishings, Native American artifacts and western art. Free tours are led by docents Wednesday through Sunday.
The park encompasses 265 acres, 160 have been designated as wilderness area. There are hiking trails and picnic areas.
Besides the museum and trails there is an area that houses barnyard animals such as ducks, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, goats, pigs, sheep, donkeys, deer and horses. A good place to take little ones.
Partially up the hill on the way to the museum there is an area for bison, which were originally donated to the park by Walt Disney.
Heritage Junction at one corner of the park contains local historical buildings and an old rail depot. Tours are given on weekends only.
- Museum Visits
- Historical Travel
- Family Travel
If you like theme parks, Six Flags Magic Mountain is the best one in Southern California. The rides are alot better than at Disneyland and it costs just about the same. Viper was my favorite ride. Children under 6 years old may not be able to ride on most of the big rides.
- Adventure Travel
- School Holidays
- Theme Park Trips
Throughout the Santa Clarita...
Throughout the Santa Clarita valley you'll find a wide selection of dining choices, sprinkled with cozy coffeehouses and award-winning menus. Pleasant surroundings and personal attention are really the spirit behind Santa Clarita's many restaurant locations.
* Built in 1927, the historical stadium grounds of Saugus Speedway holds many memories of great auto racing. Today, it is the site of Santa Clarita's largest Open Air Market. And this Saugus Swap Meet Santa Clarita’s open air market is one of the largest and oldest open air markets in Southern California. For more than thirty years this market has been open every Sunday, rain or shine. Sunday’s marketplace attracts over 15,000 people every Sunday with more than 550 vendors displaying their merchandise. Live entertainment and food make this a full day’s shopping adventure for those who like this kind of shopping ;o)
* Tuesday's Flea Market features more than 100 vendors and is held from 7am - 2pm every Tuesday. There is no shopper fee at present for Tuesdays. If you are into treasure hunting, then this place's for you! Over 3,000 treasure hunters stroll through this casual weekday open air market.
* Saugus Speedway is Santa Clarita’s largest special event facility with over 35 acres. Featuring a 1/3 mile paved asphalt track it is an ideal location for filming, concerts, and expos.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.