Beach Culture, Santa Monica
Here I am in my bohemeian attire at the Promenade, by the dinosaur-cut tree sculptures.
Santa Monica is a fashion capital within the greater L.A. area. Many clothing boutiques line the streets within and around the main Promenade area. Get some ideas at these places and buy some outfits (if you can afford to, that is!
ENJOY BEACH LIFE
Go have FUN in the SUN! Although there is no-need to give any specific instructions of how to do that :-D, here are Santa Monica Beach's ordinances (just as a reminder!):
* No Fires or Fireworks not Permitted on the Beach
* Ball Playing in Designated Areas Only
* Must Obey Lifeguards' Direction
* No Dressing or Undressing
* No Tents or Temporary Enclosures
* No Camping or Sleeping
* All Trash Must be Places in Trash Cans
* No Alcoholic Beverages
* No Glass Containers
* No Drums or Percussion Instruments
* No Playing of Audio or Electronic Devices After 10 PM or Before 8 AM
Beware of the bums and be just generally aware. Santa Monica is not a dangerous place and if you are a responsible human being, you'll be fine. As far as culture goes, Santa Monica is a nice mix of Beach and city do it is more moderate than some of the other beach communities.