J.R. Seafood Restaurant, Santa Monica

by Nish
  • Nish's Profile Photo

Hop Li Restaurant: Hop Li

by Nish Updated Sep 20, 2009

Very nice and pleasant restaurant. Best time to go is lunch time before 3pm. All dishes are served with rice,soup and chinese green tea. Its included. A very nice lunch for 2 will run you around $25 with the famous Tsing Tao beer.

Used to be J.R's Seafood Resaturant before and is now called Hop Li.

Favorite Dish: When I go inside this restaurant there are too many favorites. The moo shoos, crab, lobster, fish, the soups, you name it. It caters for vegetarians too. There's a menu so big its impossible to list all the goodies. One of the best Chinese restaurant here.

• J.R. Seafood: Good Chinese Seafood Restaurant

by su_jen Updated Aug 8, 2004

JR is well hidden among other shops by Armacost and Santa Monica blvd. I never noticed the place until a friend brought us there. It's Hong Kong Chinese cuisine, which has a typical chinese restaurant setting. Parking is always a problem, if you can't find parking ground level, you'll need to go into the garage. If I remember correctly they have an elevator going up, it's mandatory by law for the disabled if I'm not wrong.

Favorite Dish: We ordered seafood - the waiter brought live fish out of the aquarium to show us. The fish came out excellent as I love them steamed but the shrimp were overcooked, but everything else was pretty good.
    On a separate visit, I ordered Singaporean noodle, which wasn't really the one that I'm used to, but it was alright -- lunch is always cheaper than dinner :D

Instant Answers: Santa Monica