Sausalito Restaurants

Exterior View
    by riorich55

Most Recent Restaurants in Sausalito

• CDM7's Profile Photo

Aurora Restaurant: Good stop on a bike ride.

by CDM7 Updated Mar 22, 2013

Interior of restaurant.

We were looking for a lunch stop when on a bike ride from San Francisco to Sausalito and came across this restaurant on the outskirts of Sausalito.The restaurant serves a variety of food including pizzas, pasta,meat and seafood.You have the option of outside or inside dining,service and food were good .

Favorite Dish: The Lasagne dish was tasty,hot and generous.

• Cycling

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

il Piccolo Caffe: Dine by the Water's Edge

by VeronicaG Updated Apr 4, 2011

il Piccolo

Il Piccolo looked like a unique restaurant worth exploring, but it was an ice cream cone we were hoping to find. We had only a few minutes before our tour would board the bus.

As we ventured up the walkway, the restaurant looked more and more interesting. A large tree gave us a brief respite from the sun and a small, crowded outdoor area seemed welcoming with its pretty planters, greenery and wonderful view of the Bay.

We discovered the ice cream inside. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the attention of someone in order to serve us, so we had to leave without our intended snack. I'm sure it would have been delicious, though!

il Piccolo opens daily at 7am. Specialties are home baked breads and Italian pastries. Stop by for lunch and enjoy a sandwich and soup or try the crepes for breakfast at this Tuscan style coffee house. A mini art gallery spices up the interior!

• Singles
    • Seniors

Mollie Stone's: The Best Deli in Town

by Callavetta Updated Apr 4, 2011

Mollie Stone's is a small chain of No. California grocery stores with an absolutely fantastic deli. Anything you could possibly want is there. When we take our bike rides, or on our sailing days, we always stop here and load up on goodies; sandwichs, salads, artisan breads and fantastic bakery products.

Favorite Dish: Mollie Stone's also has a great full service butcher and fish monger. If you're want to do a picnic with great BBQ, this is your best bet.

• azz8206's Profile Photo

Sausalito Bakery and Cafe: A Quaint Little Cafe

by azz8206 Written Feb 1, 2011

If you are planning to visit Sausalito, pop into the Sausalito Bakery and Cafe. A quaint little family run bakery that offers a selection of fresh homemade sandwiches and salads as well as fresh pastries. Don't be fooled by the simple decor and the small eating area, this is a great cafe which the owners are very proud of. You won't regret coming here.
    Sandwiches are big and delicious. I had the homemade pastrami sandwich, which I highly recommend. The pastrami is actually homemade and it was piled on and the hot mustard was the perfect condiment. The wife loved her chicken caesar salad and she especially loved the caesar dressing which is also homemade. She described the caesar dressing as having a "spicy kick" and "totally different" than any other caesar dressing she's had before. We also had a huge plate of greek salad with crisp romaine lettuce, green, yellow and red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. At the end we were more than satisfied.
    The owners advised us that mostly everything in the bakery is homemade something that they are quite proud of. There is a selection of a half dozen sandwiches which are switched up everyday. The selection of salads is a little less with four, including pasta salads, and are also switched up daily. Although we didn't have any pastries they looked fresh and delicious.
    It's located right in front of the Bay with a clear view of San Francisco and the surrounding area. On warmer and sunnier days there are a couple of tables in front to sit at.

• Photography
    • Architecture

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Lighthouse Cafe: A Little Bit of Sweden in California

by riorich55 Updated Nov 14, 2010

Exterior View

I had done a little investigation of places to eat before our trip began and knew that we would probably be in Sausalito in the early afternoon after having arrived late the evening before in San Francisco. We didn't need to hurry to any destination on our first day of vacation since our only confirmed stop was a 7:30 p.m. reservation at a restaurant in Healdsburg in Sonoma County. As it was we had to make an early stop at a shopping center after we picked up our rental car since my glasses got stepped on in the airplane the evening before and were a mess (maybe another story in another tip). Next trip I will remember to bring my 2nd pair. The eye glass store was not able to fix the glasses, but was able to thoroughly scotch tape the frame to the lenses (thankfully it held the entire trip). After another stop at Sue's favorite store, TJ Maxx to pick up an umbrella we were on our way.

The day was rainy, so we drove quickly along the coast, past Cliff House and across the Golden Gate Bridge. I had Sue video a little of the crossing and we made a quick stop on the other side of the bridge to snap a foggy and rainy picture.

Favorite Dish: Now, onto the restaurant. It is located on the main drag going through Sausalito on the north side of the town. You have to pay for parking on Sunday and fortunately we found a place to park a few spots down from the entrance. Parking is 25 cents per 15 minutes.

We were able to secure a table (only 5 in the place) otherwise we would have taken a seat at one of the 10 spots at the counter.

Everything is made fresh. They had 2 cooks at the grill and a lady who waited on the tables and a gentleman cutting the bread and doing other tasks (maybe the owners). Sue had the Danish Lunch Plate which consisted of thinly cut roast beef, 2 danish meatballs, fresh horseradish (grated after you ordered, pickled beats, marinated cucumbers and potato salad. Rich had the Turkey with avocado sandwich also with potato salad. As I am the light eater I actually only had 1/2 the sandwich and some of the potato salad while even Sue had a leftover meatball (we had it the next day as part of our picnic lunch.

As you can see by the food pictures and the interior pictures the food was plentiful and the place was jumping. Worth the stop!!

Hours are 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the weekdays and 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the weekends.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Paradise Bay: Paridise in Sausalito

by Agraichen Updated Oct 15, 2010

How can you not enjoy a venue on SF Bay? The patio is typically crowded on most any day that has no rain.

Favorite Dish: I had crab cakes which were excellent. Others had a salmon salad which had great comments as well. Beer selection is limited but good; mixed drinks came with rave reviews.

• Windsurfing

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Fish: Enjoy the view of the marina from benches

by vichatherly Updated Jul 15, 2010

Fish Restaurant

We went here for Saturday lunch after just having Biked the Bridge.

I had done a bit of pre trip research and had come up with this place or should I say "Plaice" lol.

We managed to get a table outside at one of the sturdy wooden benches. You have to order you food at the counter inside and this gives you a chance to check out the menu and see what they have as "fish of the day".

The restaurant has a somewhat trendy eco feel to it and so you don't get your drinks in a glass biut rather in a jam jar.

The prices weren't cheap, at about $70 for two, but the food really tasty and we had an excellent few hours here enjoying the atmosphere of a sunny afternoon by the marina and would certainly recommend Fish whether you had biked the bridge or not

Favorite Dish: Nicola ordered the fish and chips, but this was not your ordinary cod, oh no, it was halibut and very yummy it looked too.

I continued the Alskan theme and went for the Wild Alskan Salmon on a bed of pasta.

We also had a fish and chips starter, which was a tub of delicious fish with crisps to dip into

• Cycling
    • Eco-Tourism

Horizons: One of the Best Views in Town

by Callavetta Written Jul 1, 2010

Situated right on the Bay, on Sausalito's main drag, Horizons is one of those places you fear might be all glitz and no delivery. When I say, on the Bay, I mean ON the Bay, meaning you park on a pier out over the water and the restaurant is on pilings.

We dined on the outdoor patio on a Thursday noon and had a beautiful view of the houses spilling down the Sausalito hillsides, the Bay, Alcatraz, and the fog burning off over the City. I met two out of town friends and we truly enjoyed a couple of hours of sun, good conversation and good food (and drink).

Service was great. Our server was helpful, friendly, kept the sour dough basket full, and could intelligently comment on the food. My friends were from Texas so our SF crab and the aforementioned sour dough bread were very well received.

Favorite Dish: I had eggs benedict on crab cakes with lemon hollandaise, which was delicious! The pineapple martini wasn't bad but the wine was better.

Valet parking is always appreciated at a place like this.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Scoma's: Excellent Italian Seafood place

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 18, 2007

My Seafood Fettuccini

We wanted to enjoy a beautiful view with great food, and this place does not dissappoint. A landmark in Sausalito, Scoma's is a wonderful place to enjoy a fantastic meal. Ask for a seat in the back dinnig area with its open bay view windows you'll be happy you did.

The food is first rate. Excellent, fresh and inspiring.

Favorite Dish: We started our meal with an excellent selection of seafood appetizer with crab cakes, tuna, salmon and large shrimp.

I followed my appetizer with the Scoma's Seafood Fettuccini. The fettuccini was excellent and the seafood oh so yum. The plate included scallops (my favorite seafood), shrimp and mussels on a heavenly sauce. One caution though, the dish was huge, too much for me to finish. My friend enjoyed a special dish, the hailibut with almond encrusted on a bed of raviolli.

We enjoyed our meal with a glass of wine. I had the Pinot Grigio while M had a glass of Reisling.

I was very pleased and would definitely return

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Lappert's Ice Cream: Ice Cream

by Gypsystravels Updated Sep 18, 2007

The entrance

OMG, if I tell you we were in heaven. There is a HUGE selection of ice creams, yogurts, coffees, teas and all sorts of goodies.

If you are out and about on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and just finished lunch, make sure to skip dessert and head over here for a selection of refreshing treats. You won't regret it.

Favorite Dish: Chocolate!! Yum!! My all time favorite, any variation of chocolate will do please.....

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Caffe Tutti: A Sausolito Favorite!

by VeronicaG Updated Aug 31, 2007

Caffe Tutti

As we walked from the Bay to Bridgeway Avenue, we passed Caffe Tutti, an Italian restaurant recommended by someone as a great place to eat when in Sausalito.

Since we had only allotted a short time to see the town, we didn't want to have a prolonged lunch, although we were curious about what we had missed.

This restaurant features pizza, pasta, assorted salads, sandwiches, desserts and cappuccino.

We didn't dine here so I can't recommend it personally, but someone who did thought it was worth stopping by.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors
    • Singles

• symbiont's Profile Photo

Scoma's on the water: Old school Savoir Faire...

by symbiont Written Feb 26, 2006
    Mother and I

Scoma's is Old school San Francisco. They cater to the monied older caucasion crowd and have a very relaxing dinning room. The service is 5 star and the food is not bad, but not great. They are really skilled at upselling extra items on the menu. A great place to take your parents or girlfriend.

Favorite Dish: Recently I had the lunch special. Grilled Mahi Mahi with a light cream sauce topped with scallops. Buttered vegies and whipped potatoes. Mmmmmmm!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Scoma's: Scoma's

by goingsolo Updated Jul 17, 2005

Scoma's is a fairly well known seafood restaurant, with a location in Fisherman's Wharf and another just across the bay in Sausalito. It is a casual restaurant that draws large crowds, eager to consume clam chowder in sourdough bowls and fresh seafood.

I didn't go for the clam chowder, even though its the specialty. The fresh seafood plate, although a bit on the costly side, is a good sampling of shrimp, crab and oysters. The crab cakes were the best part of this meal too and I'd highly recommend them. If you can, grab an outdoor table. There are only a handful of them, but, if you beat the crowds, you can enjoy your meal by the water, admiring the scenery of the bay.

The service is extremely prompt. The Sausalito restaurants cater to large numbers of tourists who arrive via tour bus to shuffle along the main street for about an hour before being returned to the Wharf. They know how to move people in and out of the restaurant fairly quickly.

Starbucks: Coffee and potty break

by Callavetta Written Mar 12, 2005

Depending on who I'm with on this bike ride, our first stop may be for coffee and croissant and a chance to people watch at Starbucks. Located at downtown Sausalito's biggest intersection, just off the main street, it might be about an hour into the ride. For people not accustomed to riding (or sitting on a bike seat that long) this is a good time to take a break and still want to get back on the bike!

• 100ACRE's Profile Photo

* terrific sushi bar

MILL VALLEY

Frantoio $$$
    * Italian
    * don't miss the olive press demonstration, in the restaurant
    * favorites: wood oven-baked pizza, lots of pasta dishes

LARKSPUR

Lark Creek Inn $$$$$
    * favorites: calamari, ravioli, spit roasted chicken, homemade ice cream

Roxanne's $$$$$
    * vegan menu - "all living food"
    * no rice, bread, pizza, or pasta, this is ultra-vegetarian
    * raw food leads to a longer, more energetic life! No?!
    * favorites: falafel, hummus, dolmas, couscous, "flat bread"

INVERNESS

Manka's Inverness Lodge $$$$$
    * favorites: lamb chops, raspberries & chocolate
    * I hear the lodge is a nice place to stay

SAN RAFAEL

Rice Table $$$
    * 1617 Fourth, at G Street
    * Indonesian
    * favorites: "Rice Table Special" for $19.95 is a feast, cinnamon-scented Indonesian coffee & fried bananas

Instant Answers: Sausalito

Comments

Sausalito Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sausalito restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sausalito sightseeing.