Been here? Rate It!
Sonoma Plaza is the heart of Sonoma town. It's a beautiful square surrounded by many shops, cafes and restaurants and with a lovely church in the middle.
Originally surveyed in 1836, the Plaza was contructed according to Vallejo's strict measurements; he wanted a specific size and grid for the entire town. The Plaza itself became the largest of its kind in California .
Immediately surrounding the Plaza are a number of historic structures, including the Mission, Vallejo's barracks, the homes of several dignitaries (including Colonel Joe Hooker ), the union hotel and Green's courthouse.
It's a nice place to hang out or just sit and watch people go by.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Wine Tasting
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Sonoma Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Mahébourg Hotels
- Crosby Hotels
- New Quay
- Balighai Hotels
- Tonto National Monument Hotels