Flora / Fauna, South Lake Tahoe

Know about this? Rate It!

Pine cones galore!
    by Geoff_Wright
  • Flora / Fauna
    by lmkluque
  • Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Pine Cones

by Geoff_Wright Updated Sep 24, 2004

Pine cones galore!

Favorite thing: I always like to take something 'natural' home with me, and usually it's a small pebble. But I came across this pine tree, with literally hundreds of huge cones under it. I just had to have one, so, over the fence I went, and the pine cone is now in my own lounge. What's more, it has seeds in it, which I'll try to grow later.

Afternote: I did plant some of the seeds, but unfortunately they never grew :O(((. But I did find two little pines in New Hampshire in theFall, and they do seem to have survived the travelling and the English winter!

Further Afternote!!. This Summer, two of those little seeds have suddenly decided to sprout and grow! They are only an inch or so high at the moment, but they will be well cared for over the Winter, along with those little pines from New Hampshire!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Hidden By Tall Trees!

by lmkluque Updated Jul 25, 2012

Favorite thing: Unlike southern California, this area was covered with trees. So thick, it was difficult to see the house next door.

Fondest memory: One of my fondest memories of Tahoe is waking up in the morning, sitting out on the deck with a hot cup of coffee and watching the blue birds pecking seeds from the ground and squirrels running up and down the trees early, before the neighborhood dogs were let out.

• Birdwatching
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: South Lake Tahoe

Comments

View all South Lake Tahoe hotels