Scusa!, South Lake Tahoe

• Scusa!
    by cwest03
  • Scusa on Ski Run: Charming Atmosphere and Great Food at Scusa

by curious_yank Written Feb 27, 2003

Recommended by a prior customer, I visited Scusa after making a 3 day advance reservation. (Reservation is highly advised. ) It is a small place that looks as though a house has been transformed into a rest. The people running the place are very friendly. Service was outstanding! Food was excellent as well. After having a very disappointing meal at the "Chart House"...Scuza was awesome!

Favorite Dish: They had a nightly special of Sea Bass last night and I promised I would mention it in my report. They pan seared it to perfection and then presented it with a pineapple salsa. My mouth is watering as I think of it. they also gave us a taste of their "Garlic Bread Scusa"..and after dinner..they gave us a hot brownie covered with vanilla ice cream and homemade rasberry topping... this went well with the Chianti. Overall, a great dining experience!

• Scusa!: Does wonders with roasted garlic!

by SteveAndLInda Updated Aug 15, 2006

Quaint, cozy atmosphere, with adequate privacy if desired. Wonderful food and great service. We visit at least once a year on our annual visits to the Lake Tahoe area. Scuza is AWAYS a must do.

Favorite Dish: Chicken and eggplant is my favorite. The blend of flavors and the sauce are outstanding. The added roasted garlic makes the dish really stand out.

• cwest03's Profile Photo

Scusa!: Great Italian Food

by cwest03 Updated Nov 4, 2003

Found along Ski Run Blvd, just below Heavenly Scusa! is one of the better Italian restaurants in the area. With Scusa's friendly casual atmosphere you can't help buy enjoy yourself. This is the perfect place to eat with friends and family and is also a great place to take a date. You won't be disappointed.

Favorite Dish: Some of my favorite dishes are the roasted garlic appetizer (you'd better like garlic) and the Chicken Saltenboca. The Salads are huge so if you order one with your dinner you had better be hungry. There are always specials and if you are lucky one of the specials will be the mushroom soup which is out of this world.

• Skiing and Boarding

• Scuza: Primo staff work

by klharper1 Written May 7, 2011

We keep going back because the food is extraordinary, but I need to mention the staff. I had called to ask for a reservation, then had to call back to cancel the request. The waiter who answered remembered my name by my voice. That's attention to detail!

Favorite Dish: Lasagna. Meaty and full of rich meat/tomato flavors. Leaves many others in the dust.

• newsphotogirl's Profile Photo

Scusa!: Scusa!

by newsphotogirl Written Jul 2, 2007

I liked this restaurant. It was recommended in Frommer's. Normally I end up not liking many of the restaurants they suggest but this one I did. I had the Chicken Piccata and my husband had the Eggplant Parmesan. Both were good. For an appetizer we had the Lobster Ravioli. That was absolutely delicious. If you have room go for their specialty, the bread pudding. The staff was nice. You're supposed to have reservations. We didn't but it was a slow night so they were able to fit us in.

Instant Answers: South Lake Tahoe

Comments

Hotels Near Scusa!
2.5 out of 5 stars