Strawberry Favorites

Campfire Stew

Most Recent Favorites in Strawberry

Fish on Drugs

by Pounder73 Updated Jul 6, 2003

Favorite thing: Pinecrest in all its splendor. I go to the mountains to get away from people. not be surrounded my them. These people also use something called ?Powerbait? it is basically a ?fish drug? not too far from catnip. This gives a strong upper hand to the mammal. Who can refuse a got tasting of catnip? These people are savages I say!

Pinecrest Lake

• Pounder73's Profile Photo

I would have said "go ahead"

by Pounder73 Updated Jul 5, 2003

Favorite thing: The trail dumped us here, at a nice tiny pool. I know Andrew wants to fish it. I give this hole to him. He misses a couple, gets tangled and doesn’t tell me to go ahead. He tries to hurry. I laugh and take a picture. He caught about 6 from here.

Andrew franticly trying to untangle his mess

Catch & release - Usually

by Pounder73 Written Jul 5, 2003

Favorite thing: My fish booty. Usually I don’t keep any. But from a request from friend who wanted to cook some trout, I kept a few. I don’t understand people who get self worth by the amount of animals one kills. This frustrates me. But these will be tasty!

future fish dinner

B.O. & Burgers

by Pounder73 Written Jul 5, 2003

Favorite thing: Hunger hits us again. Not showering for a couple days and forgetting my toothbrush, I thought it would be best not too offend any eating establishment. America’s great invention, the “Drive Thru” This box took our order and the next window gave us food. Amazing

the box will talk back to you

Two types of Cali Redwoods

by Pounder73 Written Jul 5, 2003

Favorite thing: There are two kinds of Redwoods in California. (a 3rd in China) 1)The Coastal Variety, which are the tallest. And 2) the Giant variety in the western Sierras, living 3500 years and the largest lifeform on Earth. Recorded estimate: 12 million pounds for the largest one.

baby giant redwoods

Kankles

by Pounder73 Written Jul 5, 2003

Favorite thing: We fish till the sun was begin to play with the horizon. The hike out is going to be tough. We traversed the ridge, it was my shortcut. Like all shortcuts, I am unsure if it saved anytime. But we got a nice view and Andrew tripped on a log. He swore that he sprained his ankle. He was walking fine.

It was almost a nice picture of the view

Silver mine Creek Rd

by Pounder73 Written Jul 3, 2003

Favorite thing: We decided to take a left, while heading back to the waters through our campsite. The sign said “Silver Mine Creek” and Silver “Mine Creek Resv.” We had no idea where we were going. Our maps were back at camp. We came across a stream that was not “Silver Mine”

Eagle Creek

Mental notes

by Pounder73 Written Jul 3, 2003

Favorite thing: we scoped this fork of the Clark to see about fish’n. The water was still about 1.5 ft too high. But it looked nice. This will be hot in a month or two into fall. Mental note. Now our adventure begins

Middle Clark

Savages

by Pounder73 Written Jul 3, 2003

Favorite thing: Nobody at Pinecrest was good for anything, but selling a soft serve ice-cream. We deicided to see for ourselves. We drove up the 108 about 20 miles past Strawberry. Make a left on Clark River Forks. You can’t miss it.

Clark Fork

Tha Spot

by Pounder73 Written Jul 3, 2003

Favorite thing: This was a spot up from the campsite, where the other people fishing couldn’t’ access. I now had my chest highs on. I can walk through water. I will leave “on” for some higher power than me. However, I did catch 6 in this hole from flies I tied. My casting was on.

Herring Creek

Dragon's Lair

by Pounder73 Written Jul 3, 2003

Favorite thing: Finally no dragons in the picture with me. This is kinda freak’n me out now that I can see these on a bigger screen then on my camera. Lucky they looked like orange lights while camping. I didn’t sleep too badly.

fire tails and trails

by Pounder73 Written Jul 3, 2003

Favorite thing: I take the first ivanesque photo in the dark, campfire in front of me, (behind the camera), and there’s nothing but the dark sky and trees behind me. So I take a second picture and look at it. I still see these orange light trails over my head.

My pet Dragon dosn't sit still

Campers Stew

by Pounder73 Written Jul 3, 2003

Favorite thing: Campers-stew-thrown in a fire recipe:

cut up mushrooms, carrots, potatoes (cubed), green onions, peppers, ground beef, desired seasoning, and anything else you want. Wrap in two sheets of aluminum foil. Place in fire’s coals for 35+ minutes. Rotating in occasion. Take out. Cut top. Let cool. Enjoy.

Why can one stare into a campfire for hours?

Campfire Stew

A.T. Phone Home

by Pounder73 Written Jul 3, 2003

Favorite thing: I road with Andrew to the top of the mountain so he could get cell phone reception to call home. He has too (or wants to) call home 2x’s a day. Now that he has kids, I don’t give him as much grief. This did not start with the birth of the chil’ren. I wanted to call my brother to let him know the fishing was good. He choose to go golfing instead. I got to see this sunset.

Western Sierra Sunset

lunch

by Pounder73 Written Jul 3, 2003

Favorite thing: Hunger. Taken care of. It is about 1pm, we’ve been awake for some ungodly amount of hours already. Cold Sandwiches are good for camping lunch. Easy to make, no clean up. Paper plate will be used to start the fire tonight.

Beers Bud Bread

Instant Answers: Strawberry

Comments

Strawberry Travel Guide

Strawberry Favorites

Reviews and photos of Strawberry favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Strawberry sightseeing.