Studio City Travel Guide

Days Inn
    by Britannia2

Studio City Hotels

• Sportsmens Lodge Hotel

12825 Ventura Boulevard, Studio City, Los Angeles, California, 91604, United States

Satisfaction: Average

Good for: Solo

• Days Inn Studio City

This is a motel on a busy road - built across two blocks with a dividing road leading to a car park...

• Nite Inn @ Universal City

10612 Ventura Blvd., Studio City, Los Angeles, California, 91604, United States

Satisfaction: Terrible

Good for: Solo

• El Patio Inn

I stayed in a room with 1 Queen non-smoking. Room was very clean with a superb bathroom and that is...

• Rancho Las Palmas Country Club

12930 Ventura Boulevard, #114-601, , Studio City,

Studio City Restaurants

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

by Britannia2 Written Mar 27, 2010

The first place I ate at in America. Classic American diner - just like I had seen on TV. Built in a L shape with leatherette seats around the windows and individual seats lining up in front of the counter / cooking area. There is a small enclosed patio area in front of the building. I understand the restaurant is open 24 hours and I ate here at various times from early morning to late at night. Great for people watching - especially when you are from overseas as I was. The staff are friendly but I found the evening staff more willing to chat but it was not so busy in the early evenings.
    Far more expensive than other places locally I am told but reasonable for English people or Europeans in general.

Favorite Dish: I ate mainly breakfast here - the sausages and bacon were well cooked and the eggs cooked to order. In the evening I had burgers and these were good too.
    I could not understand why I was always brought iced water when I constantly refused it but this is a minor point.

Twains

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

by Britannia2 Written Jan 24, 2010

The first restaurant I ate at in America. The restaurant is on a busy street in a pleasant residential area but a huge heavy full panelled door which was closed is not a welcome entry to a restaurant.
    Inside there are two rooms - the rooms have high ceilings and the front one has a bar area and walls covered in photos of film stars who may have eaten here - I must admit a quick glance at some told me I had never heard of them.
    The second room was more of a function room the party I was with was booked in to. Again there was a bar but the room was dark and very cold - on a cold January night it desperately needed heating.
    The staff were however attentive and food was ordered and brought to the table reasonably quickly.
    Although a jazz night was advertised there was no sign of the act and we left at 10.30.

Favorite Dish: I had spaghetti with meat balls. The portion was a good size and value for money but as I came to its end there was a pool of oil at the bottom of the plate. I know this is usual but the amount of oil seemed excessive.

Vitellos

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

by kimberlyfisher1 Written Sep 22, 2007

Nice, dark, moody lighting with Spanish theme. Indulge your senses in the ethnic music, deep reds, browns, and crimsons, and the tantalizing food.

Service is really questionable...both times I went I waited awhile to get drinks...and get a double if your ordering cocktails!

Favorite Dish: ~Ensalada Ole (grilled chicken, avacado, goat cheese, and roasted pepper salad)

~Flat Iron Steak (DO NOT get if you hate anchovies!)

~Bruschetta Barcelona (Grilled bread w/ pesto, tomatoes, goat cheese, and garbonzo beans)

~Beef Empenada

• Study Abroad
    • Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Studio City

Comments

Studio City Travel Guide
Map of Studio City