Tahoe City Local Customs

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo

Moons Over Lake Tahoe

by AKtravelers Written Sep 26, 2005

I can't remember which one is Kevin

It is a local custom at Lake Tahoe for all the men attending a wedding to moon the cameras. Actually, it turns out that this is a custom where ever one of our family members gets married. In fact, the only picture I have of Dayton Ohio consists of about 20 posteriors.

In all seriousness, now that we're thinking of it. if you can catch the moon rising over Lake Tahoe, it is a beautiful sight. It looks very big over the mountains -- even bigger than the moons in this picture!

• Beaches

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo

Dogs Pulling Kegs

by AKtravelers Written Aug 5, 2005

Hooking up a dog before the race

During March, Tahoe City puts on a sort of Winter Canival with a series of small events around te northwest corner of Lake Tahoe. We stumbled upon one of those events as we were looking to sip a beer after a hard day of skiing. It was at one of the local bars on the main drag that has a dog theme for it's name (sorry, I can't exactly remember it's name, but you can't miss it). There, dog owners were invited to enter their pets in a keg-pulling drag race. Some of the dogs loved it, some wandered around randomly with kegs attached. It was quite funny. Too bad we hadn't brough the whippets with us!

• Adventure Travel
    • Travel with Pets

Instant Answers: Tahoe City

Comments

Tahoe City Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Tahoe City local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tahoe City sightseeing.