Temecula Restaurants

Wine Cellar in La Bella Vita
    Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
    by searchranker
    Italian tiramisu and other pastries

Most Recent Restaurants in Temecula

• spartan's Profile Photo

Karl Strauss Brewing Company: Good food, good beer, excellent company

by spartan Written Mar 31, 2014

It was a Saturday evening, the mall was crowded and the restaurants were packed. So we decided to try Karl Strauss Brewing Company since it seemed to have the smallest waiting line. Not a bad call as the wait was less than 15 minutes and we were seated at our table. Yes I know this is a chain, but they are consistent in that the food is good, service is prompt and courteous and the beer...well...the beer is awesome!!!

Favorite Dish: For dinner, I had the Brick Chicken Entrée (spicy chipotle-orange marinated chicken breast, brick-pressed and pan-roasted with mango salsa, cilantro rice, and black beans). Paired with that, I had a Wreck Alley Imperial Stout...very, very good!!!

• searchranker's Profile Photo

La Bella Vita: Best Italian Restaurant in Temecula

by searchranker Updated Nov 5, 2013

Hidden off the main street Winchester and Nicolas in Temecula one of the best Italian restaurant, La Bella Vita, is located.
    Nice location, high ceiling, large tables and when it come to food! Wow!
    We started with Antipasti Portofino (A collage of steamed shrimp, calamari, scallops, mussels, clams, served over mix greens with olive oil & fresh lemon juice) it is phenomena. My wife ordered BRUSCHETTA (Grilled homemade Italian bread rubbed with garlic, marinated chopped tomatoes, basil, parmesan & extra- virgin olive oil)
    For the main dish we had their homemade pasta such as PAPPARDELLE ALLA ROMANA (Fresh wide pasta served with sautéed porcini mushrooms & caramelized onions in a creamy demi-glace)
    We also ordered couple Sangria glasses, those were one of the best Sangrias in Temecula. After an hour we ordered the desert , homemade tiramisu with fresh brew of cappuccino.
    It was great experience am it worth a one hour drive from Orange county.

Favorite Dish: PAPPARDELLE ALLA ROMANA

amazing food

Wine Cellar in La Bella Vita Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil Italian tiramisu and other pastries Inside La Bella Vita Private room in La Bella Vita

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Meritage: Food before wine tasting

by Agraichen Written Sep 6, 2013

The Meritage Restaurant at the Callaway Winery is an excellent way to begin a day of wine tasting. The "outdoor" dining is perfect for the sunny days that the southern CA climate provides. The menu is not extensive, but everything is well prepared and delicious.

Favorite Dish: I had the smoked chicken sandwich but all the others in our party thought their dishes were excellent.

Yard House Restaurant: Great food and drink

by BLewJay Written Jul 3, 2013

We met up with friends of ours who had driven in from the San Francisco area for a nice evening of conversation, laughter and catching up. Got to the restaurant and since the evening was comfortable, asked for a table outside. I know that the Yard House is a chain, but food is consistently good and the large selection of beers is a definite plus.

Favorite Dish: For the table, we ordered the Lobster, Crab & Artichoke Dip (Maine lobster, blue crab, artichoke hearts, four cheese blend with chips and baked pita), Kung Pao Calamari (calamari, candied walnuts, red peppers, celery, carrots with jasmine or brown rice) & Grilled Sweet Korean BBQ Beef (marinated boneless short ribs over jasmine or brown rice with green onions, korean vegetable salads). For dinner, LJ ordered Pan Seared Ahi (seared rare over jasmine or brown rice, fresh asparagus, chinese black bean sauce and fried basil) while I had the Grilled Korean Pork Belly Street Tacos (grilled pork belly with kimchi, toasted black and white sesame seeds and red chili threads along with spicy Spanish rice and beans).

BAILY'S OLD TOWN TEMECULA: OLD TOWN TEMECULA GOURMET

by travelgourmet Updated Aug 30, 2011

Baily's is like a mirage in Old Town. A beautiful building on the corner of Front Street and Second Street, on the second floor, and gourmet food. Having a winery up the road a bit doesn't hurt, either. Wine and dine is the theme of Chef Torres California/Continental Cuisine. You can dine near a fireplace or the covered balcony. The ambiance is warm and art works line the walls. This is going all out in this old west town.

Baily's is open nightly 5:00-9:00 PM (FRI & SAT 9:30 PM). Reservations are recommended. Now open for Breakfast at 7:30 am daily.

Favorite Dish: My wife and I were staying across the street at the Rodeway Inn, staring up at the lit windows of Baily's. Without a word spoken, we both crossed the street, read the menu, said we'd be back for the crab cakes, and the rack of lamb. We dressed up a bit, and were back upstairs at Baily's ready for dinner. The service was excellent, and the gourmet style of food presentation was a work of art. BTW, the crab cakes were delicious. The rack of lamb was served with a tasty bread pudding.

QUAINT OLD TOWN LAMPS STYLISH OLD TOWN RESTAURANT, BAILY

FRONT STREET BAR AND GRILL: A STIFF DRINK AND A GOOD BURGER

by travelgourmet Updated Aug 30, 2011

Temecula has it's restaurants with specific ethic foods, but one has the all American cuisine from the regions of the United States and calls it the "Temecula Casual Cuisine". Located on Front Street in Old Town Temecula, what else could it call itself except Front Street Bar and Grill. This is a good lunch stop or an early evening fun spot. Great patio dining as well. It has a sister restaurant, Baily's, above on the second floor that is a bit more gourmet, but Front Street Bar and Grill runs a good second.

Gourmet burgers, Cajun blackened catfish, seafood pastas, chili stuffed chicken, and baked salmon are just a few of the regional dishes served. Happy, oh yeah, and a Happy Hour that is actually 3 hours long from 3-6pm, Mon-Fri, and special discounts on drinks on the weekend. Lunch is served daily from 11am-4pm, and dinner daily Mon-Fri 4-9pm (10pm Fri-Sat). Also for the weekend late night crowd on Fri-Sat a limited menu is available from 10pm-12 midnight. Fri-Sat is live entertainment nights, 7-10pm.

Favorite Dish: Since this is an all American regional casual cuisine, I believe in staying with the good old hamburger. Now, don't get me wrong, this gourmet diner loves to tease his palate, but nothing beats a great hamburger. Being there for lunch, what could I do, so with five different burgers to choose among, I choose the Bleu Cheese Burger. Excellent choice and the sauteed onions went perfectly with the bleu cheese placed on top of the medium cooked ground sirloin patty. A great side is the sweet potato fries. Now, that may be a little gourmet.

YOU HAVE ARRIVED patio dining behind the bars.
    • Singles

THE Original PANCAKE HOUSE: PANCAKE HEAVEN AT PANCAKE HOUSE

by travelgourmet Updated Aug 30, 2011

Pancakes. Sounds like someone is off the diet. Well, it is well worth visiting "The Original PANCAKE HOUSE" and trying out what is, in my opinion, the best pancakes I have eaten. I use to believe that Amsterdam and the many pancake houses there were the best, but now I have to say I have found their equal, if not superior. pancake house.

"The Original PANCAKE HOUSE" started in Portland, Oregon in 1953 and has grown to over 100 locations throughout the United States. I can see why they have so many locations now that I have finally eaten what I consider the largest and best tasting pancake I ever have tried to consume. The menu has over 18 different styles of pancakes plus crepes, waffles, and omelettes. It would take over 20 visits just to make sure I am right about the Apple Pancake I tried to eat.

This location in Temecula is fairly new and the buildings in the complex take on a European look. The ambience is warm yet basic with a lets get down to eat attitude. I visited the kitchen and the staff told me that everything they serve is freshly made on the premise and when ordered. The kitchen was spotless which translates into a caring staff and great tasting food.

Favorite Dish: So may dishes, so little room. lol I couldn't even get half way throught the wonderful and surprisingly large "Apple Pancake". A delicious blend of apples and cinnamon came alive in this monster of a pancake. My wife had an omelette that wasn't folded but took up the entire plate. Needless to say, we both had leftovers that became our dinner later in the evening.

YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT APPLE PANCAKE LOOKS LIKE A CAKE APPLE PANCAKE 4 INCH SIDE VIEW PLATE FILLING OMELETTE PANCAKE MENU

SEAFOOD GROTTO: PECHANGA RESORT CASINO SEAFOOD

by travelgourmet Updated Dec 14, 2010

Spotted the Pechanga Resort-Casino hot air balloon and decided to head on over to see what was at this location. The jackpot at this casino is not in the slot machines but in the restaurants. One of the best is the Seafood Grotto. A huge aquarium is the middle focus of the dining room with the outer walls of the restaurant done in a grotto stucco. A very good Sushi bar sits at the back and it seemed to be standing room only. The tables are cozy, but the booths around the outer walls is where to be. Fresh Sushi and seafood specialties are the main dishes served here and none disappoint. So, if gambling makes you hungry, try the Seafood Grotto.

Favorite Dish: Besides the wonderful variety of Sushi offered, the oysters on the half shell is one of my favorites. Presented on a bed of crushed ice, the dozen oysters are arranged on a circular pattern with slices of lemon and creamed horseradish on the platter. Great!

PECHANGA BALLOON IN FLIGHT
    • Casino and Gambling

• Baily's in Old Town Temecula: If your ID is not in mint condition dont go!

by kristalao Written Nov 21, 2010

I have only gone to Baily's once because I heard from locals it was a fun place to go to for dancing on weekend evenings. The security guard managing the front door would not allow us in because my friend's ID was cracked a little in the corner. I completely understand the rules and regulations that are set for approving identification but the manner in which the security guard turned us away was degrading. In my 25 years of living, I have never been so offended. I simply and calmly questioned if another form of ID could be used and when I was rudely told no I then asked to speak to a manager. The security guard then kicked me and my friends off of the property and made us stand in the rain while we waited for a taxi. All I wanted was a better explanation and instead was treated like dirt.
    Make sure if you decide to go to Baily's in the evening your ID is in absolute mint condition otherwise you may end up in the same degrading situation.

Favorite Dish: I have not ate here before

Sweet Lumpy's BBQ: Awesome homemade BBQ

by BLewJay Written May 9, 2009

Favorite Dish: After our softball game, we decided to head into Old Temecula and eat at Sweet Lumpy's BBQ. What a great choice it was. We decided to split our meal because the portions are huge. We ordered the Pulled Pork Sandwich (which came with fries and cole slaw) and our sides were Mac 'n' Cheese, BBQ Beans and another order of Cole Slaw.

Chili's Grill & Bar: Pepper in some fun

by BLewJay Updated Apr 27, 2009

Favorite Dish: After our softball game, we stopped by for a bite to eat. Since it was late in the evening, we didn't want anything too heavy so we settled on the Triple Dipper Appetizer (Big Mouth Bites, Buffalo Chicken Crisper Bites & Southwestern Eggrolls...served with three dipping sauces).

• Akamoo's Island Sushi: A Unique Sushi Experience

by sylvia13 Written Aug 9, 2007

Like no sushi restaurant I've ever been to before. They don't use menus - you just tell the chef what you like/dislike, and he makes you something special. If you don't like it, you don't pay! They really go out of their way to give you an incredible experience.

Favorite Dish: Poke. The freshest tuna you have ever tasted, on top of a bed of rice, with onions, spices and special sauce. I crave it.

• Milano's Delicatessen: Best Deli in Temecula

by sylvia13 Written Aug 9, 2007

So much more than your average Deli. Incredible pizzas, pastas and sandwiches. Well decorated interior, with Nintendo Wii at the Bar, large screen TV, and plenty of board games for young and old alike. They really encourage you to hang out. Or you can just get take out if in a hurry. Live music on Friday nights on the patio - $2.75 draft beer specials - you can't beat it!

Favorite Dish: The BBQ chicken pizza.

• Music
    • Travel with Pets

• Yummy Sushi of Temecula: Don' Miss The Yum Yum Sushi

by airi Written Nov 16, 2006

The sushi looks as good as it tastes. Sushi rolls, including fresh-fish rolls, baked rolls and tempura rolls, are the specialty. It is best restaurant in this town.

Favorite Dish: You might want to try the Chef's Seafood Mix Salad, which offers seven or eight kinds of fish.
    Don't leave without trying dessert. Mochi ice cream wrapped with a rice cake.

SCOTT LINNETT
    • Desert
    • Casino and Gambling

• CaliHopkins's Profile Photo

Swing Inn: breakfast must have

by CaliHopkins Written Sep 7, 2006

A very casual place open all day but specializing in breakfast -- fast, good and pretty inexpensive. Normally a bit busy because of its location in Old Town, but absolutely go and get filled up before hitting the antique stores.

Instant Answers: Temecula

Comments

Temecula Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Temecula restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Temecula sightseeing.