Disneyland / California Adventure, California

• ArenJo's Profile Photo

Disneyland...the best Disney Park

by ArenJo Written Jan 19, 2014
    Paradise Pier at Disneyland

I liked this park a lot better than the one in Orlando because it is smaller and easier to walk which is a great thing if you have children. It also is cheaper and you can easily walk out to eat at cheaper restaurants in the middle of the day. Also, the hotels nearby are at a great price.

• JULES-NYLL's Profile Photo

by JULES-NYLL Updated Mar 9, 2013

disneyland has many part of this fun land like

Fantasyland

Located beyond Sleeping Beauty Castle, Fantasyland is where you can meet the heroes and villains of your favorite Disney stories.

Tomorrowland

Ready your rockets as you blast into the twin orbits of innovation and exploration at Tomorrowland!

New Orleans Square

Welcome to the French Quarter of New Orleans Square where you can celebrate Mardi Gras all year round.

Frontierland

Frontierland celebrates the trailblazers, settlers and other heroes of the Old West.

And the favorite is Mickey's Toontown

Mickey's Toontown is a miniature interactive metropolis full of topsy turvy architecture and screwy sculptures.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

ANAHEIM

by keeweechic Updated Feb 24, 2010

Anaheim - is now the tenth largest city in California and is home to several theme parks. Disneyland is set on 80 landscaped acres and the park has more than 60 attractions with dozens of restaurants, ice cream parlours and snack huts. There are eight main sections to the park all with their own attractions. Definitely a 'must visit' on my itinerary.

• Eco-Tourism

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Anaheim ~Disney Land

by Yaqui Updated Jun 12, 2009

2012~My pride and joys!

What more can I say. This is Walts dream and that of so many generations of children who dreamed of visiting year after year, like I did. My dad provided that dream for me and I will always cherish that! It was a magical day for my son Nate who is Autistic. It was his first time at Disneyland. I waited till almost 8 years before I brought him, because he doesn't quite understand the rules of life and patience. He had a blast. We all throughly enjoyed ourselves. His older brother Nick just got a kick out of seeing his brother so happy and excited about everything. We had a wonderful time! It is truly a very magical place of my childhood dreams and memories.

Hours usually start around:

8:00am to 12:00 Pm, but this depends on the season too! During winter hours, it usually closes around 10:00pm.

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

GOTTA DO DISNEYLAND!HAPPIEST PLACE on EARTH

by AusPinay Updated Mar 4, 2009
    We were there on Disneyland's 50th year!

Of course it wouldn't be a complete trip without a visit to the Happiest Place on Earth! Disneyland is truly for kids and kids at heart! The boys had a good time riding the various themed rides but of course, hubby and I were jsut blown away by the commercialism of the place!

Everywhere you go there- then being the 50th year of Disneyland, you will be bombarded with a huge selection of souvenir products- thousands of stuffed Mickey and Duffy Duck, and loads of other merchandise. We got sucked in too of course my kids being 8 and 12 at that time! I myself got a pair of sunglasses, plus half a dozen fridge magnets which were very expensive compared to the ones sold in Sydney. As expected most of them were made in China. The US made ones re even dearer!

Food was good especially in the themed restaurants, the attractions are endless so set aside a whole day for Disney's magical place of merchandising!

Make sure you remember which side of the park you got your ride to the car park as it can be confusing! We came back for the fireworks at night which was really lovely, though it was cut short due to gusty winds, but it was still okay!

• Adventure Travel

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo

I’m Going to Disneyland!

by SteveOSF Updated Mar 23, 2008

I guess any travel guide on California needs to mention Disneyland. The theme park that was opened by visionary Walt Disney is as popular as ever. Disneyland remains one of the best bets for a family in California. Disneyland is located in Anaheim in Southern California. For those flying to the attraction, it can be reached from Los Angeles International Airport in about an hour by car or bus.

• Study Abroad

• screamcheese's Profile Photo

Go to disneyland/california adventure

by screamcheese Written Feb 21, 2008

Disneyland

We were able to purchase tickets at Ralph's one afternoon and decided to drive to Disneyland the next day since it's just 15 minutes away from home. I enjoyed watching Aladdin and trying the elevator ride the most. I was so thrilled to see different cartoons during the parade at noon.

• londonlover's Profile Photo

Disney World

by londonlover Updated Jan 7, 2007

Outside It's a Small World at Christmas

If you go around the holidays, It's a Small World is decked out in Christmas splendour, complete with choreographed light shows combined with music from the Nutcracker. Inside, all the children are dressed in culture-specific Christmas wear, fitting in beautifully with each country's colors and traditions. Very cool!

• Stef619's Profile Photo

NOT Disneyworld...

by Stef619 Written Jul 24, 2006

Well ok Disneyland is a bit older than DisneyWorld, but with this is gives a East Coaster like myself something different to experience. In Cali you'll get Sleeping Beauty's Castle, ToonTown and the Matador (roller coster). Oh and I almost forgot a different entrance to "It's A Small World". Since I have been going to DisneyWorld since I was a little girl it was fun for me to compare the two.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

theme parks

by Carmela71 Written Aug 5, 2005

We took a two days voucher to visit Disneyland and Adventure one. We really enjoy the adventure one, but I can not recommend Disneyland at all, even if it is a classic. Too crowd and busy.

• Rusket's Profile Photo

There is only one Disneyland!

by Rusket Updated Jul 18, 2005

Mickey Mouse

They can create as many replicas as they please around the world, but this is the one and only! A warning, though. Our first ride was Space Mountain, it was dark and shaking, we were thrown from side to side, and I barely managed to hold my son. He was scared, and it took him years to ever ride a rollercoaster again :-( We should have started with one of the smaller ones, and gradually increased the scare factor! But otherwise we had a lot of fun, and it was great to meet Mickey :-)

We stayed in a hotel close by, and went directly by monorail from the hotel to the park. Lovely not having to wait in line in front of the gate! The monorail itself became one of our favourite attractions :-) Another pre is that we were there with my cousin Glenn and his wife, who had been there numerous times and knew where everything was :-)

• b1bob's Profile Photo

by b1bob Updated Feb 9, 2004

Disneyland

First theme park by Walt Disney. Opened in July, 1955 in Anaheim. It is rather like its "younger" cousin in Florida, but it has a few different attractions such as "The Matterhorn", "The Indiana Jones Adventure", and "Star Tours". Aside from that, the castle in Anaheim isn't nearly as tall as its Orlando counterpart.

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

California Adventures

by bruingirl Written Mar 28, 2003
    California Adventures

So, it's not really quite as great or grand as they make it out to be on TV, but there are some things worthwhile seeing here nonetheless. Why not get passes to both while you're out here and check out both parks. There's also Downtown Disney that got built up, along with CA Adventures. They have a nice selection of restaurants and stores like ESPN Zone, Rainforest Cafe, a tapas restaurant, a New Orleans themed restaurant, as well as a large movie theatre!

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

Anaheim - Disneyland

by bugalugs Written Feb 25, 2003

Mississippi Steamboat

Once inside the park, this is Main Street straight in front of you, where at 10pm each evening there is a huge parade. People start gathering earlier though, sitting along the edge of the pavement to get a good view.
    We enjoyed our day here but found the queues longer than Universal Studios. Also it was more expensive here.

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

Anaheim - Disneyland

by bugalugs Written Feb 25, 2003

Home of Mickey and Minnie Mouse amongst others. The park was opened in 1955 by Walt Disney.
    The park is divided into four different lands:
    Frontierland - Western Theme
    Adventureland - Jungle Theme
    Fantasyland - For younger children
    Tomorrowland - Where you get many of the
    rides like Space Mountain
    When we entered the park we were given a map. We caught this train around the park first which stops at various 'lands' and gives you an idea of the whole of the park area.

The park is open 9am - midnight in the summer.
    Shorter hours in the winter.
    A fee is charged for parking.

Instant Answers: California

Comments

Hotels Near Disneyland / California Adventure
4.0 out of 5 stars