Thousand Oaks Travel Guide

Coworkers and I at PF's
    by HotSpotJ
    PF Changs Thousand Oaks
    by HotSpotJ
    adventures - a trek down the coast
    by dojo825

Thousand Oaks Things to Do

• dojo825's Profile Photo

by dojo825 Written Sep 21, 2008

I can finally brag that I live near the ocean. Previously, I lived in deep Los Angeles, and my surfing buddies would always bring me up to Zuma Beach (just North of Malibu Beach and a 20 minute drive from Thousand Oaks). Now, as a nearby local, I can take either Kanan Road or the Malibu hwy on gorgeous scenic roads to an equally gorgeous beach!

Though many do not know, Zuma beach is where the old Baywatch show was filmed. The long coast of clean beach is beautiful on weekdays when the sand is less crowded and great for amateur and seasoned surfers. It's also great if you want to sunbathe, take a swim or simply have fun with a group of friends! If you are more adventurous, try driving more North and sneak toward the coast where there are many hidden yet easily traveled coasts. You won't regret it!

Another note: Zuma is well-known for dolphin sightings. I was surprised my first time when I saw a dark fin amidst the waves....lo and behold there was a dolphin, even two! I have sighted them many times, no promises, but your chances are high.

adventures - a trek down the coast Surfing with longboard toes in the sand fun with friends
    • Surfing
    • Water Sports
    • Beaches

Thousand Oaks Hotels

Thousand Oaks Restaurants

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

by HotSpotJ Written Mar 22, 2008

The Cheesecake Factory once again- an old standby that never fails me. the only bad part is the wait for one of these at dinner! The Thousand Oak location is in the Thousand Oaks Mall off of the Lynn exit on the 101.

Favorite Dish: The entire menu is yummy

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

by HotSpotJ Written Mar 22, 2008

PF Changs is awesome. My usual is a Sapporo to start, then a lettuce wrap, and then the Honey Glazed Shrimp. And the soup is also to die for. This PF changs is great, it is within walking distance from the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, so- get some PF's and then go see the theater!

Favorite Dish: The Lettuce wraps are my fav

PF Changs Thousand Oaks Coworkers and I at PF's
    • Business Travel

• by Rochestergirl Written Jan 11, 2005

This place is casual, cozy, and the food is good - but the real reason to come is the ambience that Gino, who looks like Mick Jagger, creates by hanging out in the dining room and singing, dancing, and joking around with the guests.

Favorite Dish: Seafood Pasta. Red sauce is tasty, pasta is good, seafood is cooked perfectly - just don't ask Gino for cheese on top!

Thousand Oaks Favorites

• by drjoynt Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: I've just recently moved to Thousand Oaks from nearby Camarillo. So I'm willing to look up anything,
    anyone is interested in and learn with you! The Civics Arts Plaza does have engagements of plays and other presentations scheduled there the whole year.

Instant Answers: Thousand Oaks

Comments

Thousand Oaks Travel Guide
Map of Thousand Oaks