Hollywood Tours / Other Tours, California

• Hollywood Tours / Other Tours
    by Korki
  • Hollywood Tours / Other Tours
    by Korki
    Rebecca measuring up w/Mel Gibson!
    by c-girl
  • e Hollywood tours

by Korki Updated Feb 3, 2011

E Hollywood tours -- that's the name of the company you should stay away when walking along Hollywood Blvd. People who work for this company will jump out of nowhere and sell you the tour for 25$ + free parking for 4 hours at the Kodak theater. My friend and I got on the 2 hours tour around Hollywood and Beverly Hills (which I think is boring and not worth the money but my friend really wanted to go and I didn't feel like driving anymore). After the boring tour of houses-where-famous-people-supposedly-live we returned to the parking space only to find that the garage doesn't accept their stamped recites (aka tour tickets) and we ended up paying 10$.. I went back to look for the guy at the place where he is "working" but he was gone for the day.
    Tip -- stay away from E Hollywood Tours.. and if not interested in Hollywood and movie production stay away from LA as well =)

• Castles and Palaces

• e Hollywood tours

by Korki Written Feb 3, 2011

• Castles and Palaces

• Hollywood Boulevard

by c-girl Written Sep 21, 2003

Rebecca measuring up w/Mel Gibson!

In front of Grauman's Chinese Theater-all the stars have their handprints or footprints...and in some cases....hoof prints! This may be a tourist trap....but lots of fun!

Unique Suggestions: Get down and see how your feet and hands match up!

• Where to see celebrities

by BGordonLA Written Jul 31, 2003

You will not see celebrities if you go to the wrong places, and Hollywood Blvd. is the wrong place--unless you go on the day of a movie premiere or somebody is being immortalized on the Hollywood Walk Fame. Your best bet is to go to the restaurants and hotels that cater to a celebrity clientele. One of the best is the Four Seasons Hotel on Doheny, at the border of Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. When new movies come out, the studios rent rooms there for the stars to be interviewed by journalists. Later in the day you can almost always find celebrities at the hotel bar or restaurant. When I gave a tour of Hollywood for winners of an American Movie Classics contest, some of the winners did not want to go on the organized tour. They wanted to stay at the Four Seasons.

William A. Gordon
    Author
    "The Ultimate Hollywood Tour BooK"

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Hollywood

by b1bob Written Jul 28, 2003

Mann's Chinese Theatre

We also went to Mann's Chinese theater to see the hand and footprints of a smaller group of movie stars. In total we walked about 3 miles. I found Hollywood to be seedier than I thought it would be. There were bums asking for a handout every 15 ft. (5 m).

Unique Suggestions: I pretended not to know English to get away without harassment. If you don't happen to speak 6 foreign languages like I do, fake it by babbling like a madman.

• jenniferhen's Profile Photo

UNIVERSAL STUDIOIt was cool...

by jenniferhen Written Sep 8, 2002

UNIVERSAL STUDIO
    It was cool but WAY TOO expensive for the day that we spent there, and WAY too many people. We stood in lines for pretty much the entire day, but did enjoy what we actually got in to. I would say for the amount it cost and what you get, it is not worth it, and I am even a big movie buff, I was very excited to see it and was pretty disappointed with the park. (plus the retarded cab fare did not help things out)
    I loved the rides but felt that it was WAY overpriced! What can I say besides...tourist trap.

• Tiny_Tina's Profile Photo

Some people might like these,...

by Tiny_Tina Written Aug 25, 2002

Some people might like these, but i wouldn't suggest going on a Movie tour. Unless you want to see some houses of famous people (but the NOT the people) and maybe even a movie site or two, i wouldn't give it my greatest refferal.

• tours.. California is not...

by purvee Written Aug 25, 2002

tours.. California is not best done in operated tours but on your own in a car or in a foot or on a bike.. Ofcourse, usually it's a combination of all three unless you are on a walk tour to fight some cause or a world's greatest athelete.. or a nut.. either way.. I mean simply California is too big to be explored on foot or bike.. You need a car to get around.. Some places I would not recommend having a car but then those can be day things where you park your self somewhere and do things by foot, and leave your car outside of the city or in a garage.. San Francisco down town is such a place.... Driving and Parking is a hassel.. though us suburbon locals still drive in, and run around to find a parking spot:) or pay the big bucks to park and then go home at some point that day so it's nice.. but if you plan on staying in the city for few days, don't have a car.. take the local transport.. it's good..

Instant Answers: California