Tustin Travel Guide

Tustin Hotels

Tustin Restaurants

• Lizchiq's Profile Photo

by Lizchiq Written Mar 31, 2009

Marmalade Cafe is a chain restaurant with several locations throughout the Southern California area.

Oftentimes they have outdoor patios - and are good neighborhood spots conveniently located within nice shopping centers.

I had Breakfast and Dinner there this month and was pleasantly surprised with dinner. Breakfast was okay: I had multigrain pancakes with eggs and sausage (hard to mess that up, right?), but nothing out of the ordinary.
    On the other hand, dinner was pretty good and very reasonable. My friend ordered a steak and it was very reasonably priced (under $20), and I had the pasta with saffron lobster cream sauce. I was expecting a little more saffron flavor, but the amount of lobster surprised me (in a good way).

We finished our dinner off with a molten chocolate cake. Obviously very tasty, but it wasn't served as warm as we would have liked.

The service was friendly and laid-back and we enjoyed some laughs with our waiter. I'd recommend Marmalade Cafe to catch up with some friends or have a meal with the family, but not a date spot.

Favorite Dish: The chocolate cake was good - but next time heat it up a bit more or don't let it sit under the heat lamp for too long; just give it to me straight out of the oven!

• Lizchiq's Profile Photo

by Lizchiq Written Mar 31, 2009

Bistro West is in "The District" on the Irvine/ Tustin border. It's a new outdoor entertainment center much like the Tustin Marketplace / Irvine Spectrum. My friend and I went to lunch at Bistro West on a really warm day. It has a nice outdoor patio with a mix of shade and sun - with some large umbrellas.

We ordered and split a few appetizers / entrees. The calamari was very flavorful, but a bit greasier than I generally like it. We also ordered the ahi salad and a mixed vegetable salad with shrimp. The ahi tasted very good and fresh. The mixed veggie salad was even better, though. Some shrimp were paired with a warm plate of chopped vegetables on the side, with a really great dressing.

The portions were pretty decent - but with 2 glasses of wine it was a bit pricier than we anticipated. I'd recommend it more for a dinner spot. Food was tasty overall, but probably not worth what we paid.

Favorite Dish: Really enjoyed the shrimp and vegetable salad!

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

by BLewJay Updated Nov 15, 2008

Favorite Dish: The meal started off with homemade Buttermilk Biscuits (with apple butter). For dinner, LJ selected the BBQ Black Tiger Shrimp Entrée (succulent shrimp sauteed in their own seafood BBQ sauce and served with Macaroni & Cheese, Fresh Vegetable Medley and Southern braised greens) while I had the BBQ Tri Tip Entrée (Certified Angus Beef tri tip, smoked all day until it melts in your mouth & served sliced with our savory mop sauce, Honey Roasted Peanut Slaw, Macaroni & Cheese). And to finish off the evening, we shared a slice of Snickers Ice Cream Pie (chopped Snickers bars mixed with vanilla bean ice cream in a crisp, chocolate cookie crust & served with homemade caramel and chocolate sauces).

Instant Answers: Tustin

Comments

Tustin Travel Guide
Map of Tustin