Places to eat in Venice

Most Viewed Restaurants in Venice

• Sienlu's Profile Photo

Banh Mi: French Vietnamese Sandwiches

by Sienlu Written Dec 23, 2014

This is a new place on Lincoln and Rose right across from Wholefoods in Venice. I was intrigued by the combination French Vietnamese, so I asked, the owner who was very friendly, walking around the place and greeting people. The French part is for the baguette, I guess one of their chef lived in France for many years and got the recipe, I have to say the baguette was delicious. The Vietnamese part is for what goes in the Sandwich, they use Vietnamese cuisine like cod fish with turmeric and dill. The owner told me Vietnamese use lots of spices like Curry and Turmeric.The whole sandwich was absolutely delicious, ingredients felt fresh and the baguette was perfect. You get those asian chips with the sandwiches.

The inside is nicely decorated, not too big but ok for a sandwich place.

The only thing I was a little bit surprised by was the price, I paid $29 for 2 lilttle sandwiches and a San Pelegrino lemonade, also they kind of trick you into giving them a tip, they give you the computer to accept the amount and sign and you can't really continue if you don't enter a tip...and you only have a choice of 15% minimum which added $4.5 to my $29...I don't mind giving a tip but I don't like to be forced into it, especially when I'm just getting the food to go. Maybe there was a way out of the tip but I didn't see it.

I highly recommend the place though, it was really good

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Natalee Thai: Try contemporary Thai

by marinarena Written May 8, 2008

Natalee Thai is a hip, local Venice joint away from the beach and boardwalk. Appreciate not only the scrumptious food but the intricate grey and orange exterior of the restaurant- an architectural delight.

There is a sophisticated but casual feel and flair of the place. There is a full bar including sushi area and full intimate patio, along with the basic indoor dining area. Expect a crowd here but its not too overwhelming, either for lunch or dinner. The crowd is slightly sophisticated 30 ish on avrage, barely upscale at most. However, the prices for entrees are very affordable for most budget. Almost all menu items are under $10. Choose from seafood favorites, meat dishes (chicken, pork, beef), curries, vegetarian dishes and a variety of salads. Food took a little while longer than I expected on my last visit but I wouldn't consider this the norm.

Favorite Dish: any

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Dagwoods: Have a Bite on Main

by marinarena Written Apr 16, 2008

Dagwoods is a cool looking pizza joint with decent to good pizza qualitywise. The one I visited is the Venice location. There is also one in Santa Monica. It's not as good as Ray's and a few other Venice Beach boardwalk locations. The crust was a bit too tough for my standard. What I love here is that you can create any ingredient combination for a slice or two. Order thin or extra thin.

Favorite Dish: Pizza with pomodoro (tomato) and basil

NY style pizza, Dagwoods, Venice, California

• Dundooni's Profile Photo

Three Squares: Delicious Food in a Breezy Atmosphere

by Dundooni Written Feb 12, 2008

This restaurant is American/German, with a fair share of shnitzel and pretzels on the menu. The restaurant is small but spacious, and it has great atmosphere. The heated patio area is great, but people tend ot smoke there, so if that is not your cup of tea, definitely sit inside.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the Foie Gras burgers - which is 2 mini burgers with caramelized onions, foie gras and arugula on toasted mini buns. It was delicious. I also had the potatoes gratin which was tasty but a bit oily. They have a great assortment of beers. If you order their version of Guinness, it comes with a charm on the bottle! Charming!

• Lilly's French Cafe & Bar: Flawless French Cuisine

by Claremole Written Oct 8, 2007

We didn't know much about this restaurant before we went. It was our daughter's 21st birthday, so she wanted to go to a wine bar; her name is Lilly; and she had just come back from France.

Well, we lucked out! The food and the service were absolutely flawless. Our daughter assured us that the menu was typically French. Everything we ordered was delicious and done perfectly. For appetizers, we had the French onion soup, the goat cheese tart, and the Asian seared tuna salad (okay, maybe not so French). For our entrees, we had the duck -- very juicy and flavorful -- the mussels with french fries, and a sea bass and risotto special.

For dessert, we had the cheese plate (which is listed on the menu as an appetizer). The portions were very generous, and the cheeses were intense!

There is an extensive list of wines by the glass -- we had a lot of fun tasting and comparing French and California wines.

The prices are very reasonable for what you get. The duck, for example, was $18; the cheese plate, with three cheeses, was $8.

About the worst thing I can say is that nothing had that "wow" factor. Thus, this is more of a reliable neighborhood hangout than an "event" or "destination" restaurant. Still, I've been to supposed destination restaurants that had worse food!

• Wine Tasting

• awayhome's Profile Photo

Good food.: So many casual restuarants line the boardwalk

by awayhome Updated May 23, 2004

I couldn't name just one restaurant since Venice boardwalk is lined with many restaurants and eateries along the way. Find one with a nice outdoor seating area and you can watch the passing crowds.........or your fellow diners.

My dining partner at a Venice restaurant

• VdV's Profile Photo

Pam's Place: "Every dish prepared with love..." is their motto

by VdV Written May 10, 2004

A friend of mine who lives in West L.A. recommended this restaurant as one of her favorite Thai places on the westside.

I couldn't agree with her more. The food is terrific--spicy, but not too spicy (you know how sometimes it's so spicy you can't even enjoy the flavors because your tongue is burning?!...)

The ambience is casual yet intimate. Service is attentive and friendly. There is both indoor and outdoor/patio seating, and located a few blocks east of the busier beach area, so parking is not a problem.

It's a bit off the beaten path, but well worth the detour! Check it out!....

Favorite Dish: Pam's Place offers the usual Thai selections: pad thai and wide rice noodles, various curries, prik kings, larb and other Thai salads, spicy soups, etc.

What is even more impressive is their extensive vegetarian menu, even down to dessert--"lactose-free" ice cream (in coconut and mango the evening we went...) Thai food heaven for lactose intolerants like many of my friends and I, as well as for people looking for good vegetarian selections.

We ordered: chicken larb; spicy eggplant and tofu; tofu and peanut sauce; spicy wide rice noodles; a chicken curry in red sauce; and coconut ice cream and sticky rice for dessert. Everything was absolutely delicious. For the four of us, beverages included (pineapple juice, Thai iced coffee, etc.) it came out to about $17 per person, tip included.

I'll definitely be back to Pam's Place, and highly encourage you to stop in for lunch/dinner too!

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

World Cafe: World Cafe

by bruingirl Written Aug 24, 2002

They have a great courtyard area. Everything opens out to this courtyard and it is just really pretty! They have lots of big, over-hanging trees in the courtyard. A nice, romantic place for dinner or a pleasant place for a Sunday brunch! They have a huge loungy area on the right that is a great place to hang out during happy hour or for that apertif as you're waiting for a table.

Favorite Dish: They have a lot of great things on the menu! I just can't name one! Typical California fusion fare.

Venice Hotels

• Inn at Venice Beach

Beautiful rooms with marble type surrounds to the sink and dressing table. Large choice of breakfast...

• Hotel Erwin Venice

We only used to hotel as sleeping place. most of the time we spend in LA. We could park the car...

• Venice Beach Suites And Hotel

1305 Ocean Front Walk, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, California, 90291, United States

Satisfaction: Very Good

Good for: Business

Latest Venice Hotel Reviews

Inn at Venice Beach
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Venice Suites
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Venice

Comments

Venice Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Venice locals.
Map of Venice