Beach - Boardwalk, Venice

• Sienlu's Profile Photo

Fun Kids Playground but funky people around!!

by Sienlu Written Oct 9, 2014

I take my kids to this park (does not have a name but is straight at the end of Rose ave, pass the boardwalk) because it is right down my street and it has sand, a slide, a swing and very important for my daughter, monkey bars. So we go there pretty often but for some reason there is always a homeless person cursing or screaming at someone. Don't get me wrong I feel bad for homeless people, they are just not a good example for kids.

• Theme Park Trips
    • Adventure Travel

Flex your muscles

by heitzenrater Updated Apr 4, 2011

Nothing better than watching meat heads lifting ridiculous amounts of LB's. One guy squatted 18 - 45 pound plates + the bar. It is a cool place to check out. If you are interested going in the gym then it cost 5 dollars a day. There is some kinda season pass or something. Have fun

Flex it up!

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Take a stroll

by Gillybob Written Dec 28, 2008

The Boardwalk at Venice is a hive of activity at the weekend when people choose to come down and sell wares, entertain or just sit. Venice is LA's artiste central and many opt to do some self-promotion or selling at the beachside Boardwalk, especially at the weekend.

You will find all sorts of characters. You can get yourself a henna tattoo, watch a street performer or take in the birdman of Venice!

The Birdman of Venice Henna tatto artists Weaver

• Missin' Venice

by waternymph Written Feb 16, 2007

I used to go to Venice from the High Desert at least once a month, all thru the 90's until I moved to Oregon in 1999. The beaches here in Oregon are so different than the So Cal beaches and I sat down one day and wrote this:
    (btw, this is copyrighted and owned by me. No reproductions allowed, see more of my stuff at www.starlitecafe.com, search for me by poet name: candeekissez) Oh, I used to love to eat dinner at Goucho Grill on the promanade.

Missin’ The Freaks & Geeks @ Venice Beach

Memories of drinkin’,
    beach parties, skinny dippin’.
    Beach Boys singin’
    ‘bout me and my friends.
    Taming the waves,
    And roller-blades,
    where the fun never ends.
    ****

a surfin’ girl-
    with no place to ride.
    Think I’ll hop a bus,
    my soul does lust
    for the lure of salt & the ocean.
    brush off some
    Of this desert dust-
    Head out West :
    “Good riddance” find a way
    to cool down this hot blisterin’ sun!”

“Hello you lovely
    Freaks and geeks.
    Hello Sea-gulls and sand.
    So glad to be back,
    Where the sun meets the surf
    I’m so happy to be
    on familiar home turf-
    Lovin’ the lure of it all:
    where the freaks and the geeks
    And I (“cuz I’m not one of em”),
    will always be:
    F***ing, far-out, Venice Beach!

• Theme Park Trips

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Buy Original Art !

by marinarena Updated Nov 14, 2006

Now here is a shot! This man in venice Beach pictured is walking of with a colorful Italian landscape (that looks like la citta di Venezia)

If you are looking for something more original, there are dozens of artists that sells their unique pieces.

Vendors and artists of Venice (some of the latter are very loosely so) will try hard to get your vacation money. Yet, she is an artistic arena where really talented artists showcase their work. Expect offerings of their work to not be cheap but not terribly expensive. In most cases, the artwork is worthy for established galleries.

artistic Venice beach, CA

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Check out the entertainers

by malianrob Updated Jun 11, 2006

They are everywhere and they are from everywhere. I was checking out these guys from Jamaica and they were doing some crazy acrobatics for money. They were pretty good and very daring.
    Theres also weird entertainers and some dumb entertainers. Theres musicians, painters, singers belly dancers....and more.

Bust a move!

by heitzenrater Updated Feb 24, 2006

So you are walking down Venice beach (near muscle beach). Keep an eye out for the professional Beak dancers and other freeks. Strangely enough they are located adjacent the police station. Some of the performers kick some serious tail. I saw trick skateboarders, rollerbladers, break dancers, and any others skeem that they think they make money on, via tips. So go out and watch, and give money to the ones you like, or you can just stiff them. your choice. Have fun and enjoy.

spin, spin, spin.

Bring your paint can.

by heitzenrater Written Aug 19, 2005

So you are walking down Venice beach (near muscle beach). Keep an eye out for the professional graffiti artists. Strangely enough they are located adjacent the police station. When looking at the walls you will notice it's paint on top of paint on top of paint. The Graffiti also begins to creep away of the walls. You will be able to find paint on the trees, and garbage cans. Its fun to watch and take pictures of. These guys (and maybe girls) can paint. Check it out.

Bring your own paint

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Do Eccentric People Watching!

by marinarena Written Mar 7, 2005

This character is one of many regular entertaining bunch at Venice Beach to see and meet. Everyone is approachable and friendly. They just love to bring a smile to your face.

There is usually a crowd on weekends, so expect to have the ultimate people watching occasion here. Whether if the locals of the beach, ones visiting from outside the city and tourists out of state or country, certainly there are some who will turn heads !

eccentric one in Venice, CA

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

I can do this , I can ride this bike from a to b.

by Waalewiener Written Nov 24, 2004

Well the idea is to ride this bike from point a to b ,no problem right , haha think again .
    Somehow this young man running this
    '' Show '' rigged his bike in a way that when someone else road this bike , the bike would collapse and go sideways ,and the rider could not stay on it .
    How did he do that ,I have NO idea ,but he made good money this way.
    SMART KID.

I can do this I can do this

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Continuation of our young entrepeneur and Bike .

by Waalewiener Written Nov 24, 2004

Ok in this picture you can see this young man on his bike is taking money from another young man .
    Well the idea is to ride this bike from point a to point b .Well in the next picture you will see the young man trying to ride this bike .

I'll take your money any time

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

A young man with a good idea to make a few bucks

by Waalewiener Written Nov 24, 2004

In this picture you see a young man on a Bicycle ,and he just has no problem riding
    his bike from point A to point b.
    H then promises a cash reward if someone in crowd watching him can ride his bike from
    a to b.
    see next Tip

Smart young man on a bike

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

There is a great Bicycle & Roller skating Path.

by Waalewiener Written Nov 9, 2004

There is a wonderful Path along the Beach in Venice Beach and it can be used for walking Roller Skating
    And little bicycles with 3 wheels as you see in the picture driven by whole families
    Just a nice place for taking the family.

Kids on 3 wheel bikes

• shivan's Profile Photo

GAME OVER

by shivan Written Sep 11, 2004

Absolutely no point in putting this picture in other than saying sorry to all my aficionados readers for the nonsenses I started writing in this page.
    I had one aim here:
    - build a page as large as possible
    The problem was:
    - About Venice is really hard to find something to say, especially having been there for just few hours
    The additional problem was:
    - it is 3 AM, and I'm not completely aware of what I'm writing.

That's why...
    Sorry, or not, it depends on if you like it.
    If you do, I'll keep on writing nonsenses in all the future USA pages.
    In italy we say "man adviced, half saved", more or less, so it's up to you. Let me know

they came for me

• shivan's Profile Photo

Anticipation, fear, resignation

by shivan Written Sep 11, 2004

This was maybe the loveliest corner of that road.
    So nice that it was almost as nice as Porto Cervo in sardinia, Italy is....
    One should be happy watching at it but that was not our feeling at the moment.
    Anticipation, fear, resignation.
    Those were the feelings we had standing in front of that entrance.
    Why? Easy.
    We were sure that the girls were there, and that would have meant to:
    - enter the shop
    - find the woman
    - following her all over the shop
    - giving her a sensed opinion about every single dress she may find
    - waiting for her to try all the dresses of the shop
    - pay the cost of the first dress she have found.

Lucky we were that the girls weren't actually there.

a deadly trap