Beach / Boardwalk, Venice

Henna tatto artists
    Weaver
    The Birdman of Venice
  • Waalewiener's Profile Photo

There is a great Bicycle & Roller skating Path.

by Waalewiener Written Nov 9, 2004

There is a wonderful Path along the Beach in Venice Beach and it can be used for walking Roller Skating
    And little bicycles with 3 wheels as you see in the picture driven by whole families
    Just a nice place for taking the family.

Kids on 3 wheel bikes

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

I can do this , I can ride this bike from a to b.

by Waalewiener Written Nov 24, 2004

Well the idea is to ride this bike from point a to b ,no problem right , haha think again .
    Somehow this young man running this
    '' Show '' rigged his bike in a way that when someone else road this bike , the bike would collapse and go sideways ,and the rider could not stay on it .
    How did he do that ,I have NO idea ,but he made good money this way.
    SMART KID.

I can do this I can do this

Megabeaches

by shivan Written Sep 11, 2004

I'm not a sea lover, or a beach lover, and consequently I'm not a beach lover. I love to spend holidays travelling, not roasting under the sun ,even if sometimes I'd better do that.
    Anyway, when I find a what I can call a Beach, I recognise it, and, boy, that was a Beach with capital "B"!
    Very nice, clean and not crowded even if it was august 20th.
    A nice place to stay, but beware the sun. The breeze may let you think it is not hurting your flesh, but it's actually doing!

Just across the street

by shivan Written Sep 11, 2004

The village just ends at the beach, with no megahighways in between to cross
    For this reason, there is no mess or escessive noise.
    The atmosphere is pleasant, even because there are not organized structure to manage the beach activities themselves. Everything is free for you to access.
    The size of the place also allow to have some privacy even in a public place.

The beach again

Remembrances

by shivan Written Sep 11, 2004

I first heard of this machinery years ago over the Net.
    His inventor, a genius whose name I don't remember at the moment, was advertising his new machine not still showing it but stating that it would have radically changed the way people will have intended for "private transport".
    Maybe he was right and not believed by the mass, and the facts have been that the invention have been released with great emphasis but I never heard of it since then. The first time I saw it again has been in Venice, but seems to me that people have kept it as a toy...

a new way to get hurted

• shivan's Profile Photo

The hard life of a wanna-be photographer

by shivan Written Sep 11, 2004

"The hard life of a wanna-be photographer".
    According to me a proper title for this tip
    I just bought a new camera with a powerful zoom lens, and I wanted to try to make a close picture of this seagull.
    So I remained behind the others and started approching veeeery slowly to the bird.
    Step after step, after step, taking closer and closer pictures.
    While I was quite close enough, A STUPID MAN passed running close to the bird fearing him. The seagull flew away in no seconds, leaving me crying for anger.
    It's a hard life....

second seagull

Boardwalks

by shivan Written Sep 11, 2004

Along the beach, for miles and miles, there is a fancy "road" dedicated to the lovers of any kind of wheeled diabolic machines.
    Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, fancy cycles when you stay almost lied biking in a curious position.
    Stay away from that road if you don't want to be trampled by those crazy people.

the

"Wild"life

by shivan Written Sep 11, 2004

A nice addition to your beach holiday is a huge number of birds of many species flying around at low altitude.
    Pelicans fish at short distance from the beach (I finally got one of them in a picture after a long wait and many attempts, you can see it in my USA overview page's travelogues).
    Seagulls are also there in large number not fearing people at all.

first seagull

WOW

by shivan Written Sep 11, 2004

Another shining example of how TV influenced us...
    Look at this marvellous specimen of 50s supercar.
    Can you imagine the first thing me and the other shopping-survivor have thought?
    X-Files?
    Star trek?
    Sex and the City?
    Nip&Tuck?
    Dallas?
    The Bill Cosby show?
    Nooooooooooooo!!

HAPPY DAYS!!!!
    Another myth of our childhood! So ancient that Ron Howard still had his hairs!
    This seems to be the Fonzie's sunday Car!!

Fonzie is still among us

• heitzenrater's Profile Photo

Bust a move!

by heitzenrater Updated Feb 24, 2006

So you are walking down Venice beach (near muscle beach). Keep an eye out for the professional Beak dancers and other freeks. Strangely enough they are located adjacent the police station. Some of the performers kick some serious tail. I saw trick skateboarders, rollerbladers, break dancers, and any others skeem that they think they make money on, via tips. So go out and watch, and give money to the ones you like, or you can just stiff them. your choice. Have fun and enjoy.

IF YOU LIKE MY POST PLEASE GIVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, THANKS.

spin, spin, spin.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Continuation of our young entrepeneur and Bike .

by Waalewiener Written Nov 24, 2004

Ok in this picture you can see this young man on his bike is taking money from another young man .
    Well the idea is to ride this bike from point a to point b .Well in the next picture you will see the young man trying to ride this bike .

I'll take your money any time

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

A young man with a good idea to make a few bucks

by Waalewiener Written Nov 24, 2004

In this picture you see a young man on a Bicycle ,and he just has no problem riding
    his bike from point A to point b.
    H then promises a cash reward if someone in crowd watching him can ride his bike from
    a to b.
    see next Tip

Smart young man on a bike

• heitzenrater's Profile Photo

Flex your muscles

by heitzenrater Updated Apr 4, 2011

Nothing better than watching meat heads lifting ridiculous amounts of LB's. One guy squatted 18 - 45 pound plates + the bar. It is a cool place to check out. If you are interested going in the gym then it cost 5 dollars a day. There is some kinda season pass or something. Have fun

IF YOU LIKE MY POST PLEASE GIVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, THANKS.

Flex it up!

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Check out the entertainers

by malianrob Updated Jun 11, 2006

They are everywhere and they are from everywhere. I was checking out these guys from Jamaica and they were doing some crazy acrobatics for money. They were pretty good and very daring.
    Theres also weird entertainers and some dumb entertainers. Theres musicians, painters, singers belly dancers....and more.

• CDWangs's Profile Photo

Hit the beach, and spend some...

by CDWangs Written Aug 25, 2002

Hit the beach, and spend some time on the boardwalk. I actually bought a watch because of the great deal on it. With all the shops and competition, finding a good deal there isn't hard.
    When you come from the mountains like I do, both the beach and something like a boardwalk qualify as pretty interesting. I'm not sure how unique the boardwalk is, but it was worth experiencing. As far as I'm concerned, EVERYONE should be able to experience a Southern Cal. beach! Fun!

Instant Answers: Venice