West Covina Restaurants

Pecan crusted chicken salad
    Tostada

Most Recent Restaurants in West Covina

• joits's Profile Photo

Churrascaria's Greefields: Meat, meat, meat!

by joits Updated Apr 4, 2011

This has to be one of the coolest buffets I've ever eaten in. Its a Brazillian buffet restaurant and its not your typical buffet though. Like most buffets, you grab a plate and you head to the food, but its only food items like rice, mash potatoes, fries, etc. The real "meat" of the buffet is delivered by waiiters. The waiters come up with skewers of different types of meats, such as carne asada, roast beef, lamb, sausages, etc. They'll come around and go from table to table offerring it to patrons. On the table, you have a wooden stick, on one end is painted red, on the other is painted green. If you want the waiters to keep on coming with food, leave the green side up, if you are full and you are done with food, leave the red side up.

If you know anyone craving meat... this is the place to go. It will definitely satisfy any meat cravings.

During lunch, its around $12, and its double that for dinner.

Favorite Dish: Favorite dish? Dude... the meat!!

Mmmm... meat!

Friday's: American Food/Diet Conscientious

by GracesTrips Written Dec 11, 2008

This is a chain restaurant that has a pretty extensive menu. They are one of the few restaurants that try to cater to people who are on a particular diet such as a"no carb" diet. The food is okay, not great. The prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is a sports bar like place since there are TV's everywhere.

Shrimp Key West with Brocolli Pecan crusted chicken salad Tostada Cheeseburger

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

In & Out: Must Do - SoCal Burger!

by GracesTrips Updated Sep 14, 2007

My boyfriend, whom I recently met at the time had been in Southern California for just about a year. He mentions that he likes his burgers and I said, "Oh, I'm not a big burger fan but I like In & Out once in awhile". He looked puzzled and I couldn't believe he had never had an In & Out Burger! They are all over in the Los Angeles Area and who knows where else but I immediately took him to have one.
    The In & Out Burger culture is interesting if you are not familiar. The menu is simple - burgers, cheeseburgers, double meat double cheese burgers, fries, soda, shakes. Not listed on the menu is how you want your burger - Animal style (extra lettuce, tomato, pickle, dressing with grilled onions), Protein (no bun, wrapped in lettuce), 4X4 (four patties of meat, 4 slices of cheese) and the Flying Dutchman (a 4X4 without vegies). There may be other terms/styles that I'm not aware of, it's something you learn over time.
    It's very inexpensive partly because In & Out is not a franchise like McDonald's, all of them are owned by the corporation and they actually raise their own beef/cattle (so I've heard).
    The food is consistently the same at any In & Out Burger. There is also an In & Out University where employees are trained in the City of Baldwin Park, California.

Favorite Dish: I always order a cheeseburger, protein - animal style.

Best Burger in Town

• supune's Profile Photo

Thai Village: Best food in West Covina for the Money

by supune Written Sep 8, 2006

This place gives very good food for a great price. Thai food is my favorite kind of food when I eat out. This place has nice servers and cashiers. When we got a big order to go, they were a bit slow, but the food was great when we got it. The place was packed when we arrived.

Favorite Dish: I had the Panang Chicken Cury. The Pad Thai is also very good with either chicken or steak. Also, you will want to order a Thai Ice Tea.

House of Louie: Upscale Chinese

by GracesTrips Written Sep 16, 2005

By Chinese restaurant standards, this is an upscale restaurant, not cheap, very well lit and tableclothes. I haven't had a bad meal yet - lots to choose from. My favorites are the House Special Fried Rice that contains shrimp and tiny slices of Chinese sausage and any duck dish. When ordering the duck depending on your eating preference, I always ask if there are bones or not. Any black bean sauce dish is good, too! The restaurant also has a dim sum cart that goes around - I'm not too familiar with this but the ones I've had were pretty good. The mushu pork is very tasty but very filling.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Yashima: Best Sushi in Town!

by GracesTrips Updated Sep 16, 2005

It's not cheap - but excellent! Nice cozy atmosphere. Because I frequent the restaurant quite often, come to know the owner, Sachiko, the sushi chefs and waitresses-I haven't seen a new employee yet. The restaurant has some special rolls they make not on the menu - you should ask about them. Secret - order the butterfish, it's marinated and cooked - absolutely delicious! I'm going to take pictures next time I go in if I can remember to bring my camera.

Instant Answers: West Covina

Comments

West Covina Restaurants

Reviews and photos of West Covina restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Covina sightseeing.