Whitney Portal Restaurants

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Whitney Portal Store: Whitney Portal Store

by goingsolo Written Jun 17, 2007
    Whitney Portal

The Whitney Portal Store has a kitchen and grill. It is also said to have great burgers. That may be due to the fact that most of its customers have just finished hiking Mount Whitney. The store also has hiking supplies for those who need something last minute.

I'd wanted to stop here and sample the burgers. But, after finishing the hike, my stomach was still queasy from the elevation gain and loss. We were also pretty beat and had long drives ahead of us. So I can't give a first hand account, but I have heard some pretty rave reviews.

• Adventure Travel

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

Whitney Portal Store: Last Chance for a Cooked Meal

by Hopkid Written Aug 15, 2006

There is a grill at the Whitney Portal Store at which you can get breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hours vary depending on the time of the year. Current posted hours are as follows:

May: 9am-6pm
    June: 8am-8pm
    July: 7am-9pm
    Aug: 7am-9pm
    Sep: 8am-8pm
    Oct: 9am-6pm

If you're camping at the Portal campground you can grab a bite here instead of cooking your own. I have no photo nor did I visit the store because the times I was at the Portal were well outside of the operating hours...and very dark indeed!

• Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Whitney Portal

Comments

Whitney Portal Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Whitney Portal restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Whitney Portal sightseeing.

View all Whitney Portal hotels