* The huge valley arose from grated forces of glaciers which worn off the more soft granite layer.
* Of all the waterfalls in the park Upper Yosemite Falls is far out the highest.
* El Capitan (1067m) is the largest visible monolith on earth; it's three times the height of the Empire State Building.
* The Miwak and the Paiute Indians were the first people who discovered the beauty of Yosemite.
* The history of these tribes can be seen at the Indian Cultural Museum in Yosemite Village.
* You will have the best view over the park at Clacier Point (975m);
* The Half Dome was used as a logo for the well known computer software comapny, Sierra Entertainment.
All those tall trees, some hundreds of years old.and the huge cones which must stay in the park. Awesome sight.
We travelling on the little train with a guide taking through the history of the park and the ages of the trees
Favorite thing: As you near the rim of Yosemite Valley, at the first "scenic view," you must pull off the road and take a look. Off in the distance you see Halfdome and all the grandeur that is Yosemite. You get to let the impending feelings of peacefulness start to seep in, and you get a chance to stretch your legs after a long drive.
Yosemite Valley Tour was worth the history lesson and drive to Glacier Point was breathtaking. I would recommend Yosemite as a 'must see'. Naturally the hiking is spectacular.
Fondest memory: I could not take my eyes off the El Capitan and the way the light changed the face of this rock. The drive into the park is totally awesome every step of the way.
Favorite thing: Traveling along Hwy 41 past Wawona, you'll come across a tunnel. Just after the tunnel is a pullout with an incredible view of El Capital, Sentinel Dome, Half Dome and Bridal Veil Falls.
Favorite thing: This shot shows the meadow stretched out before El Capitan and the surrounding mountains. Just east of the meadow, there's a short (about 6 mile) trail that loops around Yosemite Valley.
Favorite thing: Take time to look around you and see all the landscape. In a rush to get somewhere you might forget where you've come from!!
Fondest memory: My friend Napoleon liked Yosemite so much that he had to stand up on the roof of the rental car and take pictures....lol
We have visited Yosemite National Park by car. Nice trip for people who has no time.
Fondest memory: breathtaking landscapes, beautifull waterfalls, green forest.
The facilities within the park are wonderful with a cafe and history also an indian camp, restored to all its glory.
fWhat a place for campers and walkers. The views are spectactular
The Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
16 Reviews and 753 Opinions I have often visited the Awahnee Hotel Dining room. The food is always excellent and is on par in...
Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
15 Reviews and 532 Opinions Just to clarify, at least several reviews have included erroneous information about who "runs" the...
E. C. Yosemite Motel Yosemite National Park
4 Reviews and 44 Opinions Yosemite Lodge is probably where most package tourists staying in the valley will stay. Rooms are...