Places to eat in Yosemite National Park

• Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria at Night in April 2013
    Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria at Night in...
    Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria in April 2013
    Trout Dinner with Bread Pudding Dessert

Most Viewed Restaurants in Yosemite National Park

• squidly2's Profile Photo

The bar at the Ahwahnee: If you can't afford the dining room...

by squidly2 Written Mar 27, 2006

Okay, so not everyone can afford the dining room at the Ahwahnee. But there is a great pub/bar there too that has nice views towards the amazing granite cliffs. The service is friendly, it's open all afternoon and evening, and you can enjoy it on a moderate budget. All orders come with bread (even if you're just getting an appetizer they'll bring it for free if you ask.) A hearty bowl of chili is $8. A beer is about $6. Not a bargain, but combined with the loaction, I think it's unbeatable. At about 6pm on the Friday we were there (March) there was a live piano player. After drinks, we plopped down in a sofa (no, you don't have to be a guest) and enjoyed one of the many fireplaces. Highly recommended!

• Hiking and Walking

• atufft's Profile Photo

Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria: Basics at an Alarming Price

by atufft Written Apr 5, 2013

Yosemite is run by a private concession that charges a fortune for practically everything the visitor does, and this is especially true for those staying at Yosemite Lodge. See accommodations tip on the lodge, but with this comes a cafeteria that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Food served on the tray is not too bad, but the prices are really high now that the government is expecting the concession to pay for the entire park (I hope). For example, a cup of oatmeal costs five dollars. Roughly speaking, breakfast for two will cost about $20- while dinner for two will cost about $40-. One DOES NOT have to be booked at the lodge to eat here, but if you are trying to get in and away with food here, like elsewhere, expect long lines for service.

Favorite Dish: For breakfast, the best deal is the Breakfast Combo, that includes two buttermilk pancakes, a scoop of scrambled eggs, and two strips of either bacon or sausage. If you need to bulk up on calories for the day, small tubs of peanut butter at the condiment bar.

For dinner, I like the filet of trout, with mixed greens, and rice. Nothing fancy, but considering what else is there, that's my choice.

• Madasabull's Profile Photo

Todd's Cookhouse and BBQ: Im sure we could smell the BBQ from Yosemite

by Madasabull Written Dec 14, 2013

Don't ask me how we did it, but after driving around Yosemite without the satnav on (stopped trusting the thing), we ended up coming out, back on the California side instead of Nevada where we were heading.

But we were so glad we did, because that's when we came to Todd's Cookhouse Bar-B-Que. One of our things to do on our road trip was to try some great BBQ and here was our first chance, and it was amazing. Pulled Pork! I mean, I had to try it, and it was just as I had dreamed it would be. Perfect.

This place was fantastic, and I would say to anyone passing, or getting lost a little in Yosemite as we did, to look out for this place and give it a go.

• KevinMichael's Profile Photo

The Wawona Hotel Restaurant: Great Buffet and Good Dinners

by KevinMichael Updated Jan 24, 2006

I think that they may very well have the most exquisite buffet I’ve ever experienced. The atmosphere has a bit of an old fashioned feeling about it. The staffs are nice, entertaining, and there’s even a professional rag-time pianist who plays in one of the rooms across from the lobby.

Favorite Dish: I definitely loved the lamb. The fish was really good, too. I ate some kind of fish I had never had before. They serve it cooked.

The desserts were a little too sweet for my wife and me so we couldn’t finish them. I have definitely developed the same sensitivities that Japanese people have to American food.

Japanese sweets are really mild compared with American sweets which are quite rich in comparison.

• johntchow's Profile Photo

Yosemite Village Store: Don't get the prepackaged sandwiches

by johntchow Written Feb 21, 2003

On the first night my girlfriend insisted on going in there and buying snadwiches even though we brought all the sandwich meats and bread. She wanted one least decent meal. She insisted on the prepackaged sandwiches that ranged from $4-$6. The sandwiches were NASTY. Maybe now she'll learn to listen to me!

Yosemite National Park Hotels

Latest: Nov 9, 2013
Tuolumne Meadows Campground
Latest: Sep 18, 2013

Instant Answers: Yosemite National Park

Comments

Yosemite National Park Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Yosemite National Park locals.
Map of Yosemite National Park