Places to eat in Yosemite National Park

• Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria at Night in April 2013
    Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria at Night in...
    Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria in April 2013
    Trout Dinner with Bread Pudding Dessert

Most Viewed Restaurants in Yosemite National Park

• sunshinejo's Profile Photo

Tamaya Lodge: best burgers in the world!

by sunshinejo Written Jun 4, 2006

On our first night in Yosemite we ate at in the bar at the Tamaya Lodge. Although there's also a restaurant, the bar was fine for us. It was a bit crowded and we had to wait about 20-30 minutes for a table, but the service was good and the food was EXCELLENT!!!

Favorite Dish: We all had burgers with various toppings. I forget what was on my mine, but I do remember that it was the best burger I've EVER tasted and it was very filling. I would definitly recommend this place!

• sunshinejo's Profile Photo

The Velvet Rose: Don't Go Here!

by sunshinejo Written Jun 4, 2006

Well, this was a terrible choice of restaurant, I would never recommend this place. Our first complaint was that the service was so slow - 45 minute wait to be seated, followed by a further 15 minutes waiting for someone to come and take our order and another 30 minutes for the food to arrive. By which point we were ravenous!!! The food wasn't particularly good either, and when my dad complained about his dinner (a rather stodgy, luke-warm mess that they were trying to pass off as a lasagne!) the manager not only failed to apologise or take any steps to resolve the matter, but he refused even to acknowledge that there was a problem. Not exactly my idea of good customer service. All in all, it was a very disappointing evening.

I hate to write such negative reviews, and even if I've been displeased with something I'll try and add a bit of positive spin to my tips, but try as I might I can think of nothing good to say about this place. I'm sorry.

• KevinMichael's Profile Photo

The Wawona Hotel Restaurant: Great Buffet and Good Dinners

by KevinMichael Updated Jan 24, 2006

I think that they may very well have the most exquisite buffet I’ve ever experienced. The atmosphere has a bit of an old fashioned feeling about it. The staffs are nice, entertaining, and there’s even a professional rag-time pianist who plays in one of the rooms across from the lobby.

Favorite Dish: I definitely loved the lamb. The fish was really good, too. I ate some kind of fish I had never had before. They serve it cooked.

The desserts were a little too sweet for my wife and me so we couldn’t finish them. I have definitely developed the same sensitivities that Japanese people have to American food.

Japanese sweets are really mild compared with American sweets which are quite rich in comparison.

• johntchow's Profile Photo

Yosemite Village Store: Don't get the prepackaged sandwiches

by johntchow Written Feb 21, 2003

On the first night my girlfriend insisted on going in there and buying snadwiches even though we brought all the sandwich meats and bread. She wanted one least decent meal. She insisted on the prepackaged sandwiches that ranged from $4-$6. The sandwiches were NASTY. Maybe now she'll learn to listen to me!

• atufft's Profile Photo

Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria: Basics at an Alarming Price

by atufft Written Apr 5, 2013

Yosemite is run by a private concession that charges a fortune for practically everything the visitor does, and this is especially true for those staying at Yosemite Lodge. See accommodations tip on the lodge, but with this comes a cafeteria that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Food served on the tray is not too bad, but the prices are really high now that the government is expecting the concession to pay for the entire park (I hope). For example, a cup of oatmeal costs five dollars. Roughly speaking, breakfast for two will cost about $20- while dinner for two will cost about $40-. One DOES NOT have to be booked at the lodge to eat here, but if you are trying to get in and away with food here, like elsewhere, expect long lines for service.

Favorite Dish: For breakfast, the best deal is the Breakfast Combo, that includes two buttermilk pancakes, a scoop of scrambled eggs, and two strips of either bacon or sausage. If you need to bulk up on calories for the day, small tubs of peanut butter at the condiment bar.

For dinner, I like the filet of trout, with mixed greens, and rice. Nothing fancy, but considering what else is there, that's my choice.

Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria at Night in April 2013 Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria in April 2013 Trout Dinner with Bread Pudding Dessert

Yosemite National Park Hotels

Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Tuolumne Meadows Campground
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews

Instant Answers: Yosemite National Park

Comments

Yosemite National Park Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Yosemite National Park locals.
Map of Yosemite National Park