Been here? Rate It!
Yosemite Village Cemetery
Numerous native Americans, pioneers, and park visitors are buried at the cemetery that is located between the museum complex and the worker residential housing to the west. Most notable that I found were the tombstones of the Hutchings, father and daughter, who owned a mill where John Muir worked for two years. Also, note the many burials of people who died by accident.
- Museum Visits
- Historical Travel
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
In a place that's always full of tourists passing through, it's easy to forget that people actually made their home in Yosemite Valley, and still do.
There is a small historic cemetery that is a very touching memorial to those who lived and died in Yosemite. This plain little grave tugged at my heartstrings. I was glad to see that someone still left flowers in front of it.
- National/State Park
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Yosemite National Park Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cleveland Park Hotels
- San Buenaventura State Beach Hotels
- Male Island
- Panadura Hotels
- Padang Besar Hotels