Know about this?
Black bears are very abundent throughout Yosemite! They are often brown and while not usually agressive, keep your distance! Do not leave any food in your car, not even an empty ice chest. Bears have learned that an ice chest means food and they can and will break into your car to find it. Bears can smell a donut from over a mile away. Don't even leave a stick of gum in the glove compartment! Always use bearproof lockers supplied around the park.
All these warnings of bears and I didn't even see a squirrel! No bear sightings that I can report of. Though one night we were awaken by the howls of coyotes/wolves.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Yosemite National Park Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Beanblossom Hotels
- Kauai Hotels
- Berrechid Hotels
- Washington D.C.
- Chandlers Ford Hotels
- unsafe areas
- Galveston Warnings and Dangers
- Luxor Warnings and Dangers
- Nice Warnings and Dangers
- Antalya Warnings and Dangers
- Indianapolis Warnings and Dangers
- Red Light District
- Slovenia Warnings and Dangers
- Lebanon Warnings and Dangers
- Peru Warnings and Dangers
- Mykonos Warnings and Dangers
- Dakar Warnings and Dangers