if you get stupid when hiking or climbing in Yosemite... you could die!!! (if your lucky, maybe just a few broken bones)
...and don't FEED the deer (the only wildlife caused fatality in Yosemite IN RECORDED HISTORY is when a kid tried to feed, and pet, an adult BUCK Mule deer... he died)
1) DINNER at the Ahwahnee (sunday brunch is good, otherwise, go to the Mountain Room restaurant);
2) a ROOM at the Ahwahnee (feel free to visit ALL the floors however);
3) tourist junk at ALL the stores
Unique Suggestions: BRING YOUR OWN FOOD & WATER, if possible...
Make SURE you have enough film:
Fuji Provia 100F professional slide film:
- from B&H photo on-line: $3.99
- from the Ansel Adams Gallery in Yosemite:
Imagine the crowds on July 4th weekend.... there are thousands of people EVERYWHERE....
for those places that only the employees and residents know...
To avoid the masses:
- visit the WEST end of the Valley
- see Indian Caves; Devil's Elbow; Indian Swamp; El Cap beach; Leidig meadow; Hidden Falls (hint: THIS one you will NEVER find without help! ); the Valley Loop trail, west end; Sentinel Creek... and more....
- visit the "high country"
... and, of course there are lots of isolated spots for romantic interludes, a quiet picnic, a place to contemplate, to do whatever you like!
feel free to ask: firstname.lastname@example.org