Yucca Valley Travel Guide

by Krokus
  • Restaurants
    by freezer61

Yucca Valley Highlights

• Pro
    Krokus profile photo

Krokus says…

It's in the desert, lots to explore

• Con
    Krokus profile photo

Krokus says…

It's in the desert, so you need to use caution.

• In a nutshell

Krokus says…

I love to visit Yucca Valley. I don't want to live there.

Yucca Valley Things to Do

• by Krokus Updated Jul 27, 2003

A movie set built in the 40's for use in western movies. The Gunfight At OK Corral
    was shot here as was The Cisco Kid, Annie Oakley and others. There's places to eat.
    Roy Rogers built a Bowling Alley, that still exists today. A motel and cabins are available. For a Western feel, this is the place to see.

• Desert
    • Architecture

Yucca Valley Hotels

Yucca Valley Restaurants

• by lftrosebud Written Jan 16, 2007

Food is always fresh and cooked properly! Hot when you get it also!!!!! Service is outstanding! Best Place to eat breakfast lunch or dinner! Try the daily specials!
    Priced way below what you would expect to pay!

Favorite Dish: So many favorites here! But I would have to say the house Omellette, stuffed with all sorts of breakfast goodies ! Try it with their homemade house salsa! Terrific!

• Mountain Climbing

• freezer61's Profile Photo

by freezer61 Written Jan 14, 2006

the best breakfast for miles around, free coffee refills but you them everwere. well worth a visit if your driving from palm springs.

Favorite Dish: try the biscuits & gravy...........

• by Krokus Written Jul 27, 2003

This Diner is actually part of a Harley Davidson Dealership. Look at bikes, get hungry, step into the Diner. They serve Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. It's a classic
    diner with the typical hotcakes, burgers and stuff. What is cool, is the decorations, all Harley Items. Oh, the names of the meals, all taken from the motorcycle line. It's a cool place to eat, and the prices are fair.

• Desert
    • Motorcycle

Yucca Valley Warnings and Dangers

• Joshua Tree National Park

by Krokus Updated Aug 28, 2003

Remember, your in the desert in Yucca Valley.
    Bring plenty of water on your outdoor activity.
    When hiking, turn back when your water is half gone.Use Sun Block. Watch for Rattlesnakes.Do Not, I repeat DO NOT feed the coyotees.This makes them lose their natural instinct to hunt.They then get hit by cars as they stand in the road begging for food.

Also, remember that when it rains in the mountains, the valleys will quickly fill with water.On a recent trip in August 2003, four people in a car died while trying to cross a flooded wash.

Yucca Valley Favorites

• Rain In August

by Krokus Updated Aug 28, 2003

Favorite thing: My favorute thing about Yucca, wouldn't appeal to anyone else. She has bruises and sores, and some scaring. She's dirty, doesn't wash to often, but when she does she emeges squeaky clean. What I'm talking about is the desert around Yucca Valley. My last trip, I couldn't explore, I had the wrong vehicle. But the desert is cool to me, more of a place than just to drive off road. It's full of life.

Fondest memory: Most missed about Yucca, the feeling I get whn I leave to come home. It's like taking a weight off my shoulders, I can be me again.

I used to miss the good prices for gas, but now it's cheaper where I live. The stores there are the same as my hometown, but the traffic in yucca valley is getting worse. I miss the open roads and freedom to move about. It's by no means crowded there, it's just more people go there and live there than they did the first time I visited four years ago.

Instant Answers: Yucca Valley

Comments

Yucca Valley Travel Guide
Map of Yucca Valley